I understand and know what they do just don't need it with this engine. I am only doing the 3 angle for fun, this tractor came with a straight up 45 degree cut on valve and seat. I wouldn't be cutting at all if the exhaust valves were in better shape. The last one I had apart all I did was lap them all and that tractor is running like a champ now. I could do these and find out it has more issues. This was a parts tractor that was left to rot in a field for many many years. Sheet metal was all banged up, cracked , and torn. I straightened it all and welded the cracks and welded the torn parts back in. The distributor was missing, have one, the carb was missing, have one. Cylinders look good, no decernable ridge and no scoring. Turns smooth, lifters move as they should. Had a broken valve spring when I took it apart. I bought it for $400 because I wanted the good grill and fenders and the original head lights for one I have in my shop I just got running and 1/2 painted. I figured I could swap out the parts I wanted with the old ones and make a couple bucks on it. Now I am into making it run and maybe still sell and make even more on it. I have 3 of them right now and an 850. The others all run and are in pretty good shape. My 850 needs the fenders and the one in my shop the other parts. I have toyed with making a custom using a flat head V8 I have. This thing sat out in the field so long the bottom of one of the rear wheels is completely rotted away, if you measure up vertically about 8 to 10 inches then draw a straight horizontal line the part below the line is completely gone. So it is just something to have some fun with when I am waiting for parts for the other stuff. My Speedmaster is still not running and I just got a Vstar XV250 for my grandson for free. Very clean, we towed it and they never picked it up so we got a title.

I learned all I need to know about life by killing smart people and eating their brains.
Eat right ,Exercise ,Stay fit, Die Anyway!