Got down to Florida Dec 29, 2021 after spending Christmas with my son in Ottawa. Still here. Have had a lot of fun riding the Roadster on some of the 2 lane roads close to the Gulf coast. Weather has been a lot better here than what you guys have received in Canada, especially in Northern Ontario. Covid restrictions are a lot easier here than up north. My wife and I have still masked up when entering most stores and we have pretty well refrained from going to restaurants other than take out. Hopefully this will disappear soon.

On the way down I had quite the problem. I towed the Rocket in a small aluminum 5x8 covered trailer with a 3 month old 2021 Buick Envision equipped with an electronic shift. I said I would never purchase a vehicle with this kind of transmission control, preferring the old mechanical linkage shift mechanism. Well my fears came to fruition. When we were about 2 miles from our destination at a light, the unit just stopped moving, dropping into park just before I came to a stop. The door locks cycled off and on then the dash was telling me the unit couldn't be shifted out of park because the shift parameters weren't being met. I ended up shutting the engine off and on several times before it would engage but then it would drop into park every time I came to a stop, forcing me to play with the shift controls for several minutes before getting it going again. Needless to say, it was very frustrating especially towing a trailer, on a multi lane road with horns blaring. Managed to get to the destination, unhook the trailer, load the car onto a wrecker (Lucky he could winch it onto the bed) and get the vehicle towed to a GM dealer within walking distance of our rental property. The dealership couldn't supply me with a loaner vehicle for 2 days. It took them 13 days to track down the problem to the transmission shift control module. Then they had problems with a broken bolt while replacing the module along with problems programming the module to work properly. It has been running fine since I got it back early Jan. Now I don't trust it. I'm just glad it didn't quit in the middle of nowhere. Apart from the rant, we have really enjoyed our stay here in the US. I've seen 3 other Rockets but no Speedys or Americas.

12 Rocket Roadster
03 Bonneville America
69 BSA Firebird Scrambler
73 Yamaha TX 750