The zipper busted in my winter jacket so I wore my motorcycle jacket today. My daughter asked me if i was going for a ride. It is 35 degrees.. I thought "a man would be a fool to be riding today " Then I thought of old friend Larryshep. We met for a ride up Cherohala if I remember correctly. He got off his bike and uttered these immortal words "motorcycle riders aint got lick of sense. ..it was 27 degrees when I left my house this morning!"
Then thinking back on some of the conditions I have ridden in, I think I am inclined to agree.
I used to ride a 74 Honda 550 four to work about 25 miles away. I had no gear other than a 25 dollar helmet and 7.95 sunglasses. I had point about halfway that I would stop and unzip my jacket then lay on the tank using my jacket to collect the heat off the engine. Get thawed out and keep rolling.
The morning we left out from Indiana it was 27 degrees and feezing rain was coming in. We waited for a Shoneys to open up in Kentucky to thaw out.. By the time we got to Fort Mountain it was 70 degrees.. Go figure.
Riding in Colorado we are fueling up and I looked over at this beautiful mountain covered wih snow an thought man, i am glad I dont have to ride up that one. Well that was the mountain we were riding up. The higher we got the narrower the snowless highway became. I was gettng pretty nervous but we finally reached the peak. It was beautiful and well worth the trip but it didnt escape me that I was surrounded by snow riding a motorcycle.
It is starting to look like this belonged in nonsensicle ramblings.
Anyway, heres to you Larryshep! Man, it was good riding with you.
I still miss the little motorcycleridingdude emoji.