Hey, Chy. Just saw this.

My 2004 Speedmaster is sitting at 115,400 miles now, and I still ride her, though that’s rapidly coming to a halt, I’m afraid. She needs a new crank, as the timing chain sprocket on the crank is coming apart. It started acting like a crank position sensor would, killing it instantly at any speed, any lean angle without warning. Liked to have killed me twice on I-10 running through downtown Houston. She’s been garage kept and still looks great. Despite going down twice in Georgia!

I don’t trust myself to do it, and I don’t have the heart to put a different motor in her. It just wouldn’t be the same. I don’t like motor work in my shop because it bogs the whole shop down, and the potential for expensive re work is great if it’s not done right - and as a result I’m hesitant to ask another shop to take it on - even the dealer, even though they might. It would cost far more than the bike is worth. I sure got my money’s worth, though, and she and you guys all thoroughly changed my life in the process.

I only put 17K on my 2009 Speedmaster in 7 years before I sold it this Spring. Don’t ask me how I managed that, as my home flooded in 2015, ‘16, and ‘17, and again in 2019 before we moved. We had lived there since 1996, and really never had any intention of moving again until the flooding started. I also had back surgeries in 2014 and ‘15, and a major career change after that one that cost me over 8 weeks of paid vacation a year. That’s when I got away from the dealership world, but what I do now doesn’t pay nearly as well.

I took a new T120 just before Christmas and I’ll hit 7000 miles this weekend on it. Already wore out and replaced both tires! I’m ready for a road trip!

Keith
Houston
Ridin'Texas
'04 Speedmaster
AI removed, Pingle, UNI Filter, 1 shim, straight-through slash-cut TORs, Stage 1 DynaJet, 140 mains, 3 turns, 16/42 final drive, 115K
2020 T120 Black