Originally Posted by B02S4
Well...try it on the bike using the actual throttle.

LOL - wouldn't matter if it was hooked up to the handle or not for the closed throttle readings.. that is taken with the idle speed adjuster completely backed off and the butterfly completely closed - so it is a fixed, known position. I also measured the resistance range (sensor fully CCW, then fully CW), and that closed position 4.42K stated in the procedure just isn't possible on the yellow/blue pair as it's outside its range (5.17K to 5.72K).

However, I did get the yellow/black closed position reading dead on... but the WOT reading is high. If I am correct, that sensor is just a 6K potentiometer (reads 5.98K between black and blue), and the yellow wire is the wiper. Given that it doesn't appear to harm anything to completely disconnect the sensor and, with what I have now, it's roughly in the middle 3/4 of travel, I think it will be fine.. I hope :-)

I'm going to try and get the carbs back on today... and I am taking the opportunity to give the poor thing a much needed cleaning. Think the last time I did a good clean was when I got back from the 2006 Georgia rally! Also figure I'll do an oil change and brake fluid flush while I'm at it. Weather has been fantastic and I'm itching to get back on the road.

Cheers,
Brad

To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid.