I inherited my wife's Bonneville America a couple of months ago. frown I will probably sell it in the spring.

In the meantime, it had been sitting for months. She wasn't able to ride for more than a year. I needed to get the old gas out, replace with ethanol free and put it up for the winter. Of course I have put that off like everything else in my life. I just don't have any motivation lately.

Midweek, my sister invited me to coffee at her house on Saturday morning with other siblings. I don't always go to those gatherings for various reasons, one being that it's 120 miles each way. This time, I checked the weather forecast and agreed to go. I also had a couple of errands to run while in that area.

Friday, I got the annual inspection, added air to the tires, topped the gas tank and made sure all was well. Saturday morning, it was 38 degrees when I left home. What is normally a boring highway drone was incredibly nostalgic. That motorcycle has traveled that route many times. Never with me at the controls. I always followed her lead on my motorcycle.

After coffee and wonderful homemade sweets with my sisters, I dropped in on my wife's sisters. They were surprised to see their sister's motorcycle in the driveway.

The plan was to be home mid-day. That never works out. The last hour of the ride was in the dark. Again, 38 degrees. 245 miles. Highest temp was 41.

I think her motorcycle will spend the winter in my dining room. It needs a good cleaning and detailing. I'll decide later if I want to sell it.