Had my bike out for a very short ride but boy did it feel good. I had other stuff I wanted to get done. I got my 2nd 8N running last week end after lapping the valves and fixing the blown head gasket but the carb was shot so couldn't test anything. I had to rebuild the steering box again because the shaft was shot and the bearing races are part of the shaft. I made a new tube for the steering shaft upper bearing and installed new bearings and in the box for the shaft and set the sector clearances. The box now works perfectly with almost no play. I also noticed as I was re-assembling that at some point the pitman arms had been installed on the wrong sides by a previous owner, that is now corrected and I successfully rebuilt a steering box that is not supposed to be possible to rebuild. I installed a new carb and had it running today and was able to test the hydraulics and they work as they should too. It runs great so now I need to get it out in warm weather so I can power wash it and paint before putting the sheet metal back on. I will start cleaning all that up next and getting it painted. Those parts I can handle and do much easier than the drive train.

I learned all I need to know about life by killing smart people and eating their brains.
Eat right ,Exercise ,Stay fit, Die Anyway!