Quote:

Well, just yesterday I dropped buddy's Wing. I was turning around... doing maybe 2 MPH and over she went. Buddy said he did the same thing a few times before getting used to the weight. Anyway my head hit the pavement with a serious blow, the kind where it hurt even though I was wearing a helmet. I hate to think of the outcome without that brain bucket on.

A buddy who rides a newer Gold Wing says it is easier to handle because the CG is very low including having the gas tank lower than most bikes with tank position above the frame; I've never tried to straddle his Wing myself - way too much expensive looking stuff on it for me to risk it.

The PO of my America who put 30K miles on it from new bought a Harley when he moved to Arkansas from Texas because his wife decided to ride with him again (roads and scenery much nicer in Arkansas) and promptly dropped it on his leg stopping on gravel; I didn't ask whether he had a helmet on, but he was still recovering and on crutches when I bought the America.

And I hate to admit that I dropped the America on my first slow ride around the neighborhood when I stalled it on a steep little uphill; it cost me a scratched mirror, broken brake lever, and bruised ego, but no head injuries in my old bell 500. Judging from a few scratches on both TORs it wasn't its first time down but that was little consolation for my stupidity. So far it is the only time for me, but I still like to be prepared.

Phil in Northwest Arkansas 04 America, Black, Corbin seat, TORs, no AI, 34K