I don't know if that's actually true or not Phil, but that reminds me of the off-duty cop who was killed last year in Phoenix while riding his Harley Electra Glide without a helmet.

They showed the accident scene on the news, and I swear the Harley looked like it had just rolled off its kickstand. There was very little damage to the bike that I could see, anyway. And so, while I don't know how fast the guy was going at the time, it sure couldn't have been all THAT fast.

And here's a little side note to this story:

The guy lingered in a coma for about a week before he died, and a few days afterward, his family appeared on the news and was begging people to wear their helmets while riding their motorcycles, saying that if he HAD been wearing one, and because of severe head trauma being the cause of his death, there was no doubt in any of their minds he would've survived the crash.

(...food for thought there, huh...and I'm glad to hear you're still wearin' your helmet...I'm absolutely sure that wearing one during an accident I had about 17 years ago now, did, at the very MINIMUM, save Yours Truly from a bout with serious head trauma too, if NOT worse...and I still have that helmet in my collection to prove it...oh, and btw, I was goin' about 35 to 40mph when that freakin' kid pulled in front of me)

Yep! Just like a good Single Malt Scotch, you might call me "an acquired taste" TOO.(among the many OTHER things you may care to call me, of course)