I thought I had posted here when I first joined but I guess I did not.
I'm Ryan & I'm currently in Yuma, Az.
Born in Indy, grew up in the Panhandle of Florida. After college I went to work at NASA-GSFC designing & building laser & optical systems for satellites. Then I moved out to Colorado to work for a private firm where I would design & build fiber lasers. I had my first serious M/C accident there, unfortunately it was my first week of work too. I really messed up the ulnar nerve in my right wrist and elbow and over time my hand functions deteriorated so I left the industry that I loved and went to work for NASA-KSC in Florida as a Shuttle Instrumentation & Avionic Enigneer. Working on Space Shuttles doesn't require the same level of dexterity that laser building does. =(
After 3 yrs at KSC I moved back to the Panhandle and began working for USJFCOM as an instrumentation & RF engineer. So for 8 years I travel the world designing & implementing RF infrastructure to track and train DOD and Coalition troops. A coupe yeras ago when USJFCOM was shut down and we transitions to USJCOS I decided it was time to try something new.
I took a position in Yuma at YPG. I manage a team of Engineers and Techs that provide performance and compatibility testing for RF equipment, mostly Counter-IED gizmos.

So, I'm a Physicist with a background in lasers that over the course of time has had some kick ass jobs, including launching space shuttle, riding in T-72s & M1 Abrams, & now sitting behind a desk growing a beard, in Yuma, Az. =)

"stupid's in the water these days, they're gonna drink it anyways, until they don't know right from wrong..."