Hi my name is Peter and i grew up in Sweden.We moved to the country when i was 13 and got my first bike/moped 50cc german Puch.I learnt to drive a car at 14 on the lake (in winter luckily)First bike at 16 Honda 125 with legal drivers licence.When i turned 18 i bought a BMW 750 and fitted a nice little sidecar and went on a lot of bike meats in Sweden,Norway,Denmark,Germany and Holland.Riding a bloody sidecar is hard on the shoulders so i traded it for a brand new 1978 Honda Goldwing and that took me around Europe on two long holidays.I was working as a fitter and turner for Volvo Jetmotors and in 1981 a mate and i got the travelbug sold everything and went to Thailand and bummed around in Asia for 8 months then of to Australia got some work and traveled a bit.Met a girl got married worked on the railways in construction.Rode a sr 500 to work.Then back to Sweden for one year with 2 year old son and daughter born in Sweden back to Oz got a job with Johnson&Johnson as a fitter (hated it}inside a bloody factory.Rode a Honda 650 Dominator till kid no3 came along.Quit the job and started on my own as a handyman that was 1994 and im still doing that and love it.Bought a Yamaha XJR1300 in 2002 (they call them stump removers and i agree)some grunt.Did my back in last year and was stuck in bed for two weeks,Surfed the net and got on to the new bonneville site and started looking on other sites and got stuck on the America and also found this forum and saw all the bikes posted.So im laying in bed ordering parts from new bonneville and other places like Fast Eddy before i even had a bike.Then i found a bike on the net a 2002 america and bought it by only looking at the pics and it turned out to be a really nice bike with only 18000 ks on it .I know crazy hey?It took me about 6 months to strip,cut and respray.And im pretty happy with the result and love riding it all year round he he just love Oz.And thats all i have to say about that.
Cheers Peter