Hi, I'm Rex!
I'm an Army guy, been in for 18 years and think that powerpoint is the worst thing to happen to the military. I used to be a grunt (11B) many years ago and now I work on Apaches. Work being a relative term since I'm quality control; I don't turn any wrenches, mostly I just carry a coffee cup and look at stuff and tell the mechanics their paperwork is messed up.
Right now I'm on my second all-expense paid luxury vacation to the cradle of civilization - last time it was Baghdad and Babylon, this time it's the city of Ur. Nothing quite like touring where the Hanging Gardens used to be, or looking over at the oldest still-standing structure in the world (4000 years old) from my flightline. Almost makes the heat, duststorms, and rocket attacks worth it.
I actually live in Killeen, TX, cause Uncle Sugar told me to. I love it there, somehow my secret heart says that I was always a Texan and didn't know it til I finally got there. Thank god my wife also loves it there, who is famous for telling me when we first got married that she'd happily follow me anywhere I got stationed, except Texas. That's twice she's reconsidered on something she had her mind made up on, fortunately for me; the first was thinking upon our first meeting "oh crap he's a biker", and now she's got her own vest with patches and begs me to take her for rides on the weekends She's even starting to consider getting her own bike!
Before Texas, I lived in Oregon - well Vancouver, Wa, which is more a Portland suburb than a Washington town - Portland has great scenery, great microbrews, too much rain and waay too many hippies. Before that was Newport News VA, Hanau Germany, Clarksville KY, Wonju Korea, Yelm WA, and Everett WA.
Very luckily for me, I love to travel. Oh and just learned recently that I'll be moving BACK to Ft Lewis WA in July. I'll miss Texas, but it's like going back home too.

SFC, US Army (Ret)