This is my first post on this forum. I wandered over here from a link posted at another forum regarding the new SM. Based on my short initial visit, I expect much help in learning about Triumph MCs.

I started lusting over British MCs when I was a boy of 15 living in Paris. My parents had just bought me a Lambretta scooter for the Christmas of 1958, and one day in the Spring of 1959 I was rounding a corner in the little village of Marly-Le-Roi when I spotted this big, black beautiful MC. I saw it just long enough to see its Norton badge in the tank. I started saving my money for the day when I would be old enough to ride something like this. A year or so later I saw my first Triumph and vowed I would own one some day.

It took a little more than 50 years, but today my dream will come true. I'll be traveling to New Orleans this morning to place a deposit on a red 2011 Speedy. Some modifications will be made to this bike as the result of a physical inability I have (age and health related), so I will not be taking delivery until June 2.