I was born in Texas but moved to Westchester County, New York, at age 2 when my dad, who worked for Texaco, was transferred to New York City. I lived there until I went to college in Virginia, and then seminary in Texas. I was a Methodist minister for 9 years in New York and Connecticut, and then became a Navy Chaplain for another 6 years. I bought my first bike when I was serving a church in Milton, NY in 1979.

When I left the Navy, I decided to go to law school, following in my dad's footsteps. I went to law school in California, met my wife, had 2 kids, became a lawyer and member of the California bar, so I ended up staying. My daughters are now both in college, and I can't afford to retire, so I will be here for the foreseeable future.

Southern California at least has great motorcycling weather most of the year, great motorcycling roads in the mountains and canyons, and a great Triumph dealer.

I got the America in 2009, and bought a Daytona 675 in 2010. Right now I'm planning a trip up to Utah on the America at the end of the month. Can't wait to be out on the road!