So, as I've mentioned before, my name is Fish. You might look at my user name and think, "Ah, his name's Fish and he has a Triumph... Fish on a bike. Very good. (Or possibly, Not terribly creative.)" Or you may think it's some sort of reference to the saying, "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle." Well, neither is correct. Twenty-five years ago I began learning bicycle stunts, aka freestyle BMX, and since then I have down shows around the USA for schools, fairs, an NBA half-time show, and even a Saturday morning kid's show. That's really where I got the idea to use that as a user name... How 'bout That TV show(Seriously, a guy I admired when I was a kid wrote my theme song... how cool is that?!)
I have a rather awesome 18 year old daughter. I play bass guitar with the band at my church... All To You (Please forgive the horrible audio quality. Was the first thing I recorded on a camcorder I had just bought.), and I work in the IT field for a bicycle company.

The following is my background with riding motocyles... or lack thereof :
The first time I ever attempted to ride a motorcycle I was VERY young and nearly mangled myself in a barbed wire fence. I had no idea what I was doing, gunned the throttle, and took off headed straight for that fence. My step-dad yanked me off the bike before I really got anywhere, thankfully. I never had opportunity, or strong desire to be honest, to ride one again until my best friend Charlie, aka French Harley, took me for a short ride on his newly acquired Sportster 883 Custom. It was like being a kid and riding a bicycle down the street... except you could go farther and do it faster! That was almost four years ago. He also had an old Honda 125 in his garage that I was able to pull out and ride for the purpose of practicing shifting. About three years ago I traded a VW bus for a Honda CB900F and had my first motorcycle. However, it was not what I wanted. I wanted a cruiser, but not a HD. Partly because it seemed like everyone had an HD. Partly because you paid a little more for the HD badge. It was still nice to have my own bike, but I constantly scanned Craigslist ads, ogling the V-Twin bikes. Mostly the Japanese models like Kawasaki and Suzuki, as they just seemed more affordable and attainable. Then I saw a picture of a '70-something Bonneville that was in GREAT shape. The parallel twin motor caught my eye. It was different and looked pretty cool. A couple days later, our company president showed up with his 50th anniversary edition Bonneville and, MAN! it was cool. I started looking into Triumphs and read up on their history and heritage. I found out that Evel Knievel was a Triumph man before getting a paycheck to ride an HD. (Please realize that Mr Knievel had a BIG influence on me as far as my bicycle stunt riding goes. ) Once I saw the BA and SM I knew I would eventually own one. So while this part isn't so much who I am, it seemed a good place to share how I got here.

I live in Auburn, Washington, just south of Seattle. I was born here and have never lived more than 10 miles from here. I have traveled some. Different parts of the USA, Mexico, but only to Tijuana, several places in Canada, and the Netherlands with a brief outing to Germany. I sometimes get tired of the rain, but I love that we have four seasons here and the weather doesn't usually get too extreme. A couple years back our temps reached 107. BIG news here... but to someone in Arizona? *Yawn* Occasionally we get some snow in the lowlands. The news will give 24/7 coverage to THE WINTER BLAST SLAMMING THE NORTHWEST! and then we'll get 6 or 7 inches, some areas might get a foot. Meanwhile everyone in Minnesota is laughing at us for entirely shutting down. Anyway, this area offers so much beauty and activity that it amazes me. Want to hit the ski slopes? Got it covered, just head East for an hour or two (depending on the ski area). Ocean beach? Go West, young man (or woman.) Like the Desert? Head for the ski slopes and drive about two more hours. White water rafting? Got it. Miles and miles of forest trails for hiking and camping with lakes and rivers for boating and/or fishing? Yup! Big city nightlife? Absolutely! Would you like live music? Stand up comedy? Romantic dining? Great diner food? You'll find all that and more. It's just a wonderful place and I can't see myself living anywhere else.

Uhm... one more thing. I can be long winded.

TL;DR
I'm Fish and I'm a geek with many interests, most recently Triumph motorcycles.
I live in the Pacific Northwest and love it.