Richard, all I remember was the cabby dropping me off at a really swank place. It was a Sunday and all the pubs were closed. The cabby told he knew of a place, drove me a fair piece down the road. A large real nice white wood fence around a nicely kept horse track. Pretty good sized place. When I went in and asked for a beer, the barkeep asked for some ID. Puzzled, I offered my military card. "American are ya!" Welcome and have a seat he says. Turns out, its a private club, but he made me feel at home. The Aussie vets said they were a special forces bunch. Texans and Aussies together in one place. The tales were tall and fast coming. So were the pints. We partied until the place closed. They locked up, but we all stayed in because the barkeep was one of their mates. I kinda got nervous as the wee hours rolled around, because my ship was pulling out that morning, and I had no idea where I was or how to get back to Brisbane. No worries, the barkeep poured me into his car and drove me to my ship. Good memories. They represented your country well.

Pacific Blue/White 2009 America in the TX Hill Country Not all that glitters is gold. Tolkien. Hmm Must've seen the chrome on my TA coming down the road.