I'm still waiting for, "Hi, my name's Dave and I'm a chromeaholic!

Meanwhile... well Frank I'm a baby boomer born in '52 on the lone prairie. Spent my first 14 years there doing farm stuff and trying to be good under the wing of my father the preacher man. In '66 the family moved to BC (most westerly region of Canada) to a place called Trail which is in an area known as the Kootenays. This is also the place I live now!

I took to the mountains quite readily and while attending high school did everything I could to be outdoors. Hiking, fishing, hunting, exploring, skiing... good wholesome 'being a teen' stuff. Then, after discovering Timothy Leary and the whole "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds" thing I turned hippie. Drugs, the cutest girls ever, motorcycles, folk music, protesting wars and generally following Leary's "Turn on, tune in, drop out" philosophy became a way of life.

Then, shortly after getting about as high as drugs could take me I got spiritual... found a Guru, started meditating, stopped drugs and lived in an Ashram. That was from about 74-76 but I gotta tell you, the celibacy thing was too much for me and I moved out of the Ashram, married a gal and had 2 kids. The hippie thing started creeping back again and in '78 I moved to the bush (mountain forests) and lived first on a homemade houseboat on Kootenay Lake, then up on a mountain with wood heat, no electricity or phone and all that stuff. I worked as a carpenter and loved the lifestyle but, I became quite hermitized... marriage failed and I moved to Vancouver Island to join the rest of society.

From there I entered the field of computers. That was in '85 when no one knew how to use them or what to use them for. I saw an opportunity to make good coin so I educated myself and worked in the industry as a 4GL programmer, instructor, and finally IT tech building LANS and WANS. That's what got me into Africa.

94-99 worked in Zimbabwe building computer networks for the govt. Came home and back to BC where I have worked as a carpenter ever since (although I don't need to work full time anymore). I love it here where I live... and having seen other parts of the world I have to say this place is amazing. Sure we have winter but I am grateful we do. When I lived in Africa I wished so much that it would cool down, that the bugs, lizards and snakes would subside, that the earth would rest so I could too. When summer hits here it's so intoxicating I don't think I could handle it year round... I'd be in a constant state of breathlessness.

Anyway... there's a story for ya. I probably did the "road less traveled" thing but I wouldn't change it and will continue to explore my many options as a person on the planet.

Live to love, love to live.