Well, I was born and raised in Timmins Ontario. Lived here all my life. Oldest of 4 kids. High school and college education (Trade school). Actually spent 1 year in university taking an English major but that didn't last. Happily married at 23 and had 4 sons. All out of the house now with 1 married and 1 grandaughter (my 3 year old buddy). They live in Edmonton Alberta, Waterloo and Toronto Ontario, and here.

Timmins is a resource town. Called the "City with the Heart of Gold". People have been mining in this area for over 110 years. Gold, copper, nickel, silver and zinc are some of the metals mined. Hockey is part of the Timmins heritage. We have many hockey players that have made the National Hockey league. Currently have over 50,000 people living here.

Became an automotive mechanic at 20 and worked for a GM dealership for 8 years until 1980. Left that job to work as a heavy equipment mechanic underground at one of the deepest mines in the world. Currently have my Class A with Diesel Endoursement and Heavy Equipment certificates. Worked as a mechanic until 1988 when I got into supervision. At that time our underground garages were situated on the 1200 foot, 2800 foot and 4600 foot levels. The shop on the 4600 foot level was longer than a football field with 2 large 10 ton cranes. We currently have a shop on the 7500 foot level that is quite large. We maintain a fleet of loaders, haul trucks, and drills. Current depth of the mine is 9600 feet. Been working here for over 30 years, now as a superintendent of the mobile maintenance department.

Have had the opportunity to travel on business to Agentina, Chile, Finland, Dominican Republic, US, and all accross Canada. Expect to retire in 3 or 4 years.

Winters usually see my wife and I travelling to Forida or Myrtle Beach for a break. Have even been to Houston and Galviston a couple of years ago. Winter activities used to be heavily linked to snowmobiliing and downhill skiing until some injuries took place. Winter is not our "cup of tea" now. Eventually want to move to Southern Ontario.

Staying in Timmins for now because of work, family and church. Great place to live but summers are too short and the roads mediocre for motorcycles.

Frank, thanks for starting this post. Already appreciated the input from the group...getting to know everyone a little better.

12 Rocket Roadster
03 Bonneville America
69 BSA Firebird Scrambler
73 Yamaha TX 750