This thread will either be a great success or a complete failure.

To start off I will tell you a little of my history. I was born and brought up in the slums of Moss Side which is a suburb of Manchester in the UK. That was in 1947, which will tell you my age. I left Manchester Grammar School in 1963 and served my apprenticeship as a motor mechanic at one of our local car dealerships. I didn’t like wrenching for a living so went back to Uni. I got a degree in Metallurgy, which I thought was the bee’s knees until I found that I could earn a lot more money by doing other things. (Some legal, others borderline)

In 1980 the UK was going through what I knew to be a mini depression and the factory that I was managing at the time was on the verge of closure,so I decided that a change of country was in order. I had two young children (a son 10 and a daughter 7) and I didn’t see any future for them in the UK or to that matter for myself.

After applying for positions in different countries (Canada, South Africa, USA & Australia) I decided Australia was the go. It was the degree that did it, even though I have never had a job that gave me the opportunity to use said degree. Other things always came along. I have managed a plastic extrusion factory, managed a paper conversion factory, managed a strip club and owned a Hotel / Motel to name but a few. I have never been very tolerant with people that say “I can’t find a job” there is always work out there, just keep looking never give up. You will find it in the end.

The reason I live where I live are numerous and varied.

We live in Bundaberg on the East Coast of Queensland Australia, it has a subtropical climate. Winter sees us with daytime temperatures of 17 to 20c. Summer is usually 30 to 33c. Our cost of living is very good and a reasonable standard of living is assured. I have travelled extensively through different countries of the world (Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and most countries of Europe) but I am always relieved when I get home.

Being a person with permanent itchy feet I could probably write a book about my exploits but for now that is enough about me. Lets hear about you, and why you live where you live .

All I know about Canada is that Keith and Greg live there.

All I know about Texas is that Chad lives there.

All I know about Arizona is that Dwight lives there.

I would like to know who you are and why you live where you live. You must live where you live for a reason, never complain about where you live, you can always move. If you don’t want to share that’s OK, if you want to share please tell us.

FrankW Ex Speedmaster rider, went to the Dark Side now riding an America.