Next Thread
Print Thread
Suspension by Nitron
#594325 08/11/2018 9:57 AM
Chrispy Offline OP
Complete Newb
OP Offline
Complete Newb
I've had my '08 EFI eight years now and was sitting on the fence regarding chopping in for a new Speedmaster. Circumstances changed with the death of my wife, so I no longer needed 2 up capability, but I still took the Speedie for a spin. Nice bike but not enough to justify a trade in.
Decide to throw some more money at the BA. Have already done the TTP tune up and breathe filter for go, and the 3 pot nissin caliper for slow.That just left the inadequate suspension. Handling is fine but the ride is jarring. Went for intiminators and pvc spacers in front. Noticeable difference and while wheel was out added a floating EBC disc. That just left the rear suspension to sort. I had progressive heavy duty, 440 I think, but they were still nowhere good enough, but better than standard.
Decided that as I was keeping bike and was more than happy with performance in all other respects, it might be worth splashing out.
I figured that an investment in Hagons or Ikons or similar would probably just give me a marginal improvement and I'd still be getting a rough ride so, after some web searching, decided on a pair of Nitron shocks. These are hand made to order in Oxfordshire, and as sold by TTP, but I went direct to Nitron with my weights and requirements.
There was a five week wait for them but I'm happy to say that as far as I'm concerned the money spent has been well worth it. A lovely compliant ride that irons out the bad bumps and has also improved the handling from the point of feedback and seemingly even more "rail like" performance in the bends. I'm glad I spent the money on the BA as I now have the bike I always wanted and also a bike that I want to take out all the time. This has put as big a grin on my face as when I installed the TTP tune.
Been giving it the berries on the local by-pass, coming out of the roundabouts is a real blast now.

Re: Suspension by Nitron
Chrispy #594326 08/13/2018 6:01 AM
Adjunct
Adjunct
Pleased you're happy with them Chrispy, this is the reason we decided to sell the Nitron's. They are slightly more expensive than your average shocks, but you get a ride that is comparable to the much more expensive big name shocks.

Mike (UK) _____________ 2008 Bonnie Black Special 2010 Speedmaster https://www.triumphtwinpower.com
Re: Suspension by Nitron
PieMan #594327 08/13/2018 9:08 AM
Chrispy Offline OP
Complete Newb
OP Offline
Complete Newb
Very pleased with them Mike. The fact that you offer them was a contributing factor in my decision to go for them. Your company offerings have become a byword for quality and performance amongst Bonnie owners.
They are, as you say, in the range between something like Hagon's and Ohlins, but definitely at the upper Ohlins end.
I'm more than happy to give them a five star rating on your site even though I sourced them direct.

Moderated by  chy, Dinqua, freedom 

Link Copied to Clipboard