Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
EFI Pipes on a Carb'ed Speedmaster..?
#585602 03/27/2017 8:36 PM
Adjunct
OP Offline
Adjunct
Howdy all. I just got a deal I couldn't pass up on Craigslist for a set of OEM slashcuts and TORs for what I thought was a good price. I have an '03 but these are both for an EFI. What I would like to do is keep the OEM ones because I like the look of the longer exhaust. I believe I need to remove the catalytic converters and intend on removing at least some of the baffles for good sound and airflow. I already have the air box removed with pod K&Ns in place. I realize I'll probably need to rerun Pat's jet calculator and rejet. Any advice on cat/baffle removal and can anyone confirm this isn't a bad idea or won’t work for the bike (EFI Pipes minus cat and baffles on an ‘03). I'm running TORs today but they're getting rusted out. Worst case I think I could sell these and profit enough to fund something more suited I suppose.

I did read through the sticky on baffle removal but all of the pictures appear gone and I'm a visual guy...

Any tips and recommendations appreciated.

I see a chrome bike and I want to paint it black. 1972 CB500, fully stock and purrs like a kitten 2003 Speedmaster: TOR Shorties, AI removed, Freak kit, more to come...
Re: EFI Pipes on a Carb'ed Speedmaster..?
sledder23 #585603 03/28/2017 1:13 PM
Fe Butt
Online Content
Fe Butt
If I remember right the cat material is soft and difficult to remove because of that.

I learned all I need to know about life by killing smart people and eating their brains.
Eat right ,Exercise ,Stay fit, Die Anyway!

Moderated by  bennybmn, chy 

Link Copied to Clipboard