Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rode a HD yesterday
#580665 08/16/2016 8:47 AM
Worn Saddle
OP Offline
Worn Saddle
My cousin bought a new HD Ultra Classic a month ago or so. 27 K or so. Barca lounger with all the bells and whistles, stereo, map screen and such. More buttons than a F16. I was prepared to like it, I like all kinds of stuff. Rode a few HD 1200 Sportsters and such. But, I really didn't care for it. Believe it or not, tooooo smooth. It was so smooth that the engine didn't feel powerful, and I know it is. I played with the stereo controls some, kinda fun. And the optional nut scratcher was kinda pleasant. But kinda a boring bike. All windshield and lowers and stuff. He had a big BMW that was kinda the same thing but much more fun to ride and the power was awesome! I guess the thing is, the bike's engine had no "presence". Just a device to carry lots of add on goodies. Not for me but he's happy with it.

Fidelis et Fortis
Re: Rode a HD yesterday
arstaren #580666 08/16/2016 1:11 PM
Adjunct
Adjunct
I was shocked at how smooth a new Touring Harley rides. I do prefer a smaller bike, but if you like to travel it's hard to beat a big Hog. For my riding a Bonne or Sportster works just fine.

Tin Man 2
Re: Rode a HD yesterday
arstaren #580667 08/16/2016 5:17 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
Rich did you wash your nether regions after?You coulda caught something!

I joke Harleys are ok.,just the BS that goes with them that's not. Like you,I enjoy the feeling and sensations of the ride.Friends ride with earplugs and Ipods/Iphones listening to music.Not me.I want to hear the engine and "feel" the road and the bike.Bikes like the big Harleys ,Goldwings,Rocket3 Touring etc. may be the way to go if you were often doing long trips though.

Dinosaur.

"Oh Man I only ride 'em.I don't know what makes 'em work". Donald "Oddball" Sutherland

"Don't let the bastards get you down". Kris Kristofferson

"I am only paranoid because everyone is against me". Larry [Frank Burns] Linville

Moderated by  bennybmn, chy, Dinqua, freedom, mert, moe 

Link Copied to Clipboard