Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Move East on hold
#576326 02/05/2016 3:27 AM
Adjunct
OP Offline
Adjunct
Our planned move East isn't going to happen for at least 3 more years. I went for an interview at a SC nuclear plant Dec 15th and did really good and it took 6 weeks and a day for them to get back to me. 5 days before i found out i didn't get the job at the nuke plant Disneyland called me, phone interviewed me and set up another interview 12 days later which was Feb 3rd. I interviewed Feb 3rd and got offered a permanent job today Feb 4th. I start on Feb 19th at Disneyland in Anaheim Ca. So i'm gonna work at the happiest place on earth probably for about 5 years. Interviewed one day and offered a job the next day, Such a relief to go back to work as our bank balance has been going the wrong way for too long.
I'm still going to make the foot peg brackets and hopefully expand my line to include the quick detach backrest and the mid mount pegs. While waiting for the interview to begin i was in the reception area and a big tv had Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs playing. Looking forward to making sure the rides are safe and sound for everyone that rides. HI HO HI HO ITS OFF TO WORK I GO!!!

Re: Move East on hold
mcfcinusa #576327 02/05/2016 7:56 AM
3/4 Throttle
3/4 Throttle
Oh My Gosh so you are going to be working on rides at Disneyland!!! That sounds like a dream job. One thing I love about working in technology is getting in areas of businesses that few get to see. I'll bet the back rooms at DL holds treasures to be discovered. Enjoy!!!

So buddy do friends get free passes Old Pal?

Road Rash Heals. Freckles Grow Back. Ride
BillyIndiana #576328 02/05/2016 8:04 AM
Adjunct
Adjunct
Great news, best of luck to you.I've got your Foot peg relocation kit and will be in line for the quick detatch kit.

Tin Man 2
mcfcinusa #576329 02/05/2016 8:38 AM
Loquacious
Loquacious
I love the idea of interviewing for jobs at a nuclear power plant and then Disney
No, wait ... should we be more concerned about what Disney are up to !!

"You can't believe everything you read on the internet" : William Shakespeare
mcfcinusa #576330 02/05/2016 1:01 PM
Ryk Offline
Check Pants
Check Pants
Quote:

Our planned move East isn't going to happen for at least 3 more years. I went for an interview at a SC nuclear plant Dec 15th and did really good and it took 6 weeks and a day for them to get back to me. 5 days before i found out i didn't get the job at the nuke plant Disneyland called me, phone interviewed me and set up another interview 12 days later which was Feb 3rd. I interviewed Feb 3rd and got offered a permanent job today Feb 4th. I start on Feb 19th at Disneyland in Anaheim Ca. So i'm gonna work at the happiest place on earth probably for about 5 years. Interviewed one day and offered a job the next day, Such a relief to go back to work as our bank balance has been going the wrong way for too long.
I'm still going to make the foot peg brackets and hopefully expand my line to include the quick detach backrest and the mid mount pegs. While waiting for the interview to begin i was in the reception area and a big tv had Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs playing. Looking forward to making sure the rides are safe and sound for everyone that rides. HI HO HI HO ITS OFF TO WORK I GO!!!

Good for you, who wants to get up 3 hours earlier everyday, anyway.

Ryk #576331 02/05/2016 7:40 PM
Adjunct
OP Offline
Adjunct
Thanks guys, it's like a 150 ton weight off my shoulders, when the fellow offered me the job i could just feel all the stress leaving me, what a relief. I believe i'll be on the California Adventure side. I've never been in that part yet. I had to go to Disneyland 3 times in one year when my daughter was in middle school and high school as she was in marching band and they were parading up main street. try videoing the band and running up main street with all those people watching, a lot of fond memories and many more to come i hope.

Funkletrumpet #576332 02/10/2016 7:05 AM
Adjunct
Adjunct
Quote:

I love the idea of interviewing for jobs at a nuclear power plant and then Disney
No, wait ... should we be more concerned about what Disney are up to !!

...... I think I'm more concerned about Goofy running the Nuclear plant.

Tin Man 2
tinmantwo #576333 02/11/2016 5:02 AM
Adjunct
OP Offline
Adjunct
Homer Simpson ran it for many years!

Moderated by  bennybmn, freedom, mert, moe 

Link Copied to Clipboard