Next Thread
Print Thread
Ladies and Gentlemen: THE RULES
#502619 09/28/2012 12:32 PM
moe Offline OP
Should be Riding
OP Offline
Should be Riding
The ideas we had when we opened the Member's Rides section where put succinctly by the late Friar in his Guidelines, the primary one being each member to have one post to show off what they have. ONE POST!

Search for your one post and add to that. Us moving your second, third, etc. post from the Member's Rides forum is a fleeting thing. Deleting them will be the norm starting October 1st. Gone nada zilch. We love to see what y'all have. Let's not loose that information due to failure to abide by the rules! Thank you very much.

No worries, we'll try to work out something for those who have already violated this 'one post per member' rule. Most likely moving them to the lounge, in due time.

Note: If you have more than one ride, and/or more than one brand of motorsickle, name your one post appropriately: My ride(s), or My Stable, or My Garage replacing my with your member name or your real name.

THE GUIDELINES
Quote:

Learn'em, live'em, love'em...
  • The idea here is for each member to have one post to show off what they have. Doesn't matter if it's stock, custom, "personalized," Triumph, Harley or Honda. Just try and keep it to two wheels initially.
  • Start with some basic shots.
  • The title should be what your ride is, model and year (and make if not Triumph).
  • DO NOT start a thread about someone else's bike. Focus your thread on your own bike(s).
  • As always we reserve the right to move posts in and out of this forum when we feel it is appropriate to do so.
  • Update your post thread anytime when you have new photos to share.
  • Unlike the classifieds, discussion is okay.
  • Photos are still subject to the AUP. Keep'em clean, folks.
  • Visit the Help forum or contact a moderator if you need help posting an image. You'll need a Photobucket, Flickr, Picasa, Facebook, etc. account just like you do in any other forum.
  • These guidelines are subject to change and open to suggestions.
  • Preemptive: Please DO NOT "bump" your thread to the top with a meaningless post as is often done in the Classifieds. It's fine to "bump" with a new photo.

Update (Apparently I missed one): Do not post pictures of your own bike in someone else's thread in this forum. That's fine everywhere else on this site but goes against the spirit of this particular forum. If you have a common location, you should post your OWN thread of pictures and possibly share a link to your showcase in the other person's thread with the context (common location, common mods, etc.).

Now go forth and share your photos!

UPDATE (02/09/2011): This forum has little if any connection to the Featured Member Rides category on the homepage, but if you're planning on submitting your bike for that (via the submit page) we strongly suggest you have a thread here with all your info and photos organized first. It's not required, just helpful. You wanna be helpful, dontcha?

Blowing gravel off rural roads
Re: Ladies and Gentlemen: THE RULES
moe #502620 09/29/2012 9:31 AM
chy Offline
Loquacious
Loquacious
Two thumbs up from me...

chy #502621 10/01/2012 12:46 PM
Should be Riding
Should be Riding
+2 more

Benny Black & Silver '02 Too many mods to list Not enough miles ridden
bennybmn #502622 10/01/2012 11:45 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
Good on ya Moe.

Dinosaur.

"Oh Man I only ride 'em.I don't know what makes 'em work". Donald "Oddball" Sutherland

"Don't let the bastards get you down". Kris Kristofferson

"I am only paranoid because everyone is against me". Larry [Frank Burns] Linville
findlay13 #502623 10/03/2012 3:59 PM
Complete Newb
Complete Newb
Where can we post videos at?

nwatts #502624 10/03/2012 4:08 PM
Should be Riding
Should be Riding
youtube, then link them here

Always remember to be yourself. Unless you suck. Then pretend to be someone else.
moe #502625 04/10/2013 7:01 AM
Oil Expert
Oil Expert
OK. Please delete my last thread.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something."
piper1 #502626 06/07/2014 7:14 AM
Complete Newb
Complete Newb
Once i figure out how to ill post my ride

motocyclynman #502627 06/07/2014 10:32 AM
Ryk Offline
Check Pants
Check Pants
Quote:

Once i figure out how to ill post my ride

Basically, you need to load your pics into a photo hosting site, such as the likes of PhotoBucket. Copy the associated image code that begins with image, go to the message page here and click on "Image" in the "Instant UBB Code" box, paste your copied code in the popup box line that starts with http and click continue on the lower left of the page, with preview post checked and if all is right, your image, will be in the example of your entry. There are plenty of folks on here with better communication skills than I, so hopefully they have my back if I left out any pertinent details or can explain it better. It is an oft asked question from new members and maybe someday, someone will do a YouTube video, breaking the process down for any and all who wish to load pics on here.

Moderated by  bennybmn, chy, Dinqua, freedom, mert, moe 

Link Copied to Clipboard