Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger - Motorcyclist of the Year
newt #415190 12/11/2010 3:38 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Quote:

were you physicly harmed when i rode by you??

YEAH, as a matter of fact!!! Not YOUR pipes, 'cause of course, YOU live on the other side of this big ol' country, but YEAH, I've had occasion where I've been riding behind some open piped bike, and YEAH, it actually HURTS my EARS!!! And so, YEAH, by DEFINITION, it "physically HARMED" me!!! And, THIS is coming from a guy who LOVES motorcycles! BUT, can you imagine how those people out there who don't have this love of motorcycles feel whenever THEY'RE the brunt of this????

No, I guess you can't, huh?! You've made perfectly clear the idea of that you can not put yourself in THEIR shoes in THIS regard.

Quote:

i bet you dont want me smoking in my bar either do ya???

I don't care if you do or not....'cause I'm a smoker TOO!!!

BUT, if you do, I'LL betcha in THIS day and age where there's a whole lot less morons like us who continue to ruin our health by doin' this, that your patronage by all the non-smokers out there today would greatly decrease, because most people today can't stand the SMELL of our habit!!!

And being "somewhat" of a "courteous" guy(WHICH, I might add, does NOT make me ANY LESS of a "Freedom-loving"/"Rugged Individualist"), I personally have NO friggin' problem AT ALL with stepping outside to INDULGE my habit and not inflict the odorous AND TOXIC(which by DEFINITION means HARMFUL) habit upon those who don't smoke...and especially in a closed environment!

Yep! Just like a good Single Malt Scotch, you might call me "an acquired taste" TOO.(among the many OTHER things you may care to call me, of course)
FriarJohn #415191 12/12/2010 6:58 PM
Old Hand
Old Hand
Everyone seems to be missing the real point. This law has little to do with overly loud or overly quiet pipes. It has to do with special interest groups who have enough money to buy the legislation and the EPA stamp of approval so that everyone is forced to buy from them.

Let's hope there's intelligent life somewhere in space 'cause it's buggar all down here. -- Monte Python
Dwight #415192 12/12/2010 8:17 PM
Bar Shake
Bar Shake
HEY! IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE WAY I RIDE, THEN GET THE H3LL OFF THE SIDEWALK!!!

Contra todo mal, mezcal; contra todo bien, tambiƩn
Dwight #415193 12/13/2010 7:24 AM
moe Offline
Should be Riding
Should be Riding
Newts pipes aren't loud. Not stock but not as loud as straight pipes. Ask Ed er biker. Or rather ask Pat. The Dinq could hear Ed's bike leave 5&20 and continue to hear Ed about all the way to Bloomfield! Now those are the pipes that are obnoxious. Them pipes are not a passing noise. And such is the fact of life when it comes to LOUD pipes. Most are straight pipes. All of our D&D's, sceptres, bubs, etc are semi baffled. These pipes can be operated in stealth mode too. Although arriving in stealth mode is a whole lot easier than leaving...

Okay, stealth mode on departure is more a matter of short shifting and low throttle, but still, motorsickles can be operated in a quiet mode. No? Have you never quieted your bike when approaching a horse, a mother with small child, an leo?

Loud pipes are not the problem. Obnoxious motorsickle operators are.

One cannot legislate behavior. That is why the legislation bans inanimate objects. Take away the cigarette, take away the firearm, take away the pipes, take away the knives. And you still have people blowing smoke, people being shot, people being offended by motorcyclists, and people being cut.

Nothing changes. Underlying behavior remains paramount.

Blowing gravel off rural roads
moe #415194 12/14/2010 5:46 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
thanks Moe, nicely said

ENJOY!!!!! NEWT!!!!!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bennybmn, chy, freedom 

Link Copied to Clipboard