Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Vehicle Owner's Right to Repair Act
#340091 06/25/2009 9:42 AM
"Lighten up, Francis."
OP Offline
"Lighten up, Francis."
http://www.cyrilhuzeblog.com/2009/06/24/about-the-right-to-repair-your-motorcycle-where-you-want/

Quote:

The Motor Vehicle Owners’ Right to Repair Act, which was introduced by Reps. Edolphus Towns (D-NY), Anna Eshoo (D-CA) and George Miller (D-CA), would require vehicle manufacturers to make the same service information and tools capabilities available to independent repair shops that they provide to their franchised dealer networks. At the same time, the legislation provides vehicle manufacturers with strong protections for their trade secrets unless that information is provided to the franchised dealers.

http://www.righttorepair.org/

Might be something to think about for all you EFI bike owners...

Last edited by FriarJohn; 06/25/2009 9:53 AM.

BA.com Caretaker | Friarsride | jb.com
Re: Vehicle Owner's Right to Repair Act
FriarJohn #340092 06/25/2009 11:45 AM
Monkey Butt
Monkey Butt
I haven't kept up with that as my Triumph bike is not EFI> The Triumph mapping must be a dealer item? That sucks, digital wrench is a nasty cartel that needs to be stopped.

I have an EFI bike that only the dealer is allowed to map. Makes my blood boil. 80 bucks for the card with the numbers then 75 bucks for them to upload the numbers get numbers back from the manufacturer and type it in.

John! This could be the Warez of the 21st century. Kinda like Direct TV card DSS readers and Dish Jtags.

(disclaimer) not that I have ever played with the above items. Read and article once

Digital wrench Triumph crack, download here. HA! Get on that one bud. Then we can move to JTag 9 pin connector and readers to usb straight to the laptop crack.

We could call it a new mod

I try to aggravate one person a day. Today may be your day.
FriarJohn #340093 06/25/2009 1:10 PM
Stickman Yogi
Stickman Yogi
They (powers beyond my influence) gotcha coming and going. In this part of the world we can't 'legally' work on our own vehicles at all. The argument is, if an accident is caused by improper mechanical work (or something like that) then the vehicle owner is liable and insurance is void (in the small print somewhere I suppose).

This I was told... have yet to do my own research on the topic but it wouldn't surprise me.

Live to love, love to live.
satxron #340094 06/25/2009 9:08 PM
"Lighten up, Francis."
OP Offline
"Lighten up, Francis."
Well I know people trade tunes for EFI bikes like the Rocket III. I'm sure that will start happening with the Thunderbird post haste. Haven't been paying enough attention to know if they're doing it for the EFI America and Speedy.

BA.com Caretaker | Friarsride | jb.com
FriarJohn #340095 09/11/2009 10:40 PM
Adjunct
Adjunct
A Sprint owner I know has a program and interface cable to tweak his EFI. It came from overseas and he has been happy with it. Not sure, but I think he paid around $200.00 for it and used it once. So it just might be more economical to have it done at the dealer.

Sono qui per la birra

Moderated by  bennybmn, chy, freedom 

Link Copied to Clipboard