Next Thread
Print Thread
BUBs on and what a sound!
#33 01/11/2005 10:53 AM
piper1 Offline OP
Oil Expert
OP Offline
Oil Expert
Finally put the BUB Dresser Dogs on, glasspack around the baffles and Holy S**t what a sound they make! Powerful and loud enough, a nice rumble. Still some kind of winter here in Sweden (mostly rain and very hard winds right now) so unfortunately no riding yet, but soon...

"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something."
Re: BUBs on and what a sound!
piper1 #34 01/11/2005 1:55 PM
Complete Newb
Complete Newb
Piper,

I put the Bubs on in July or August, and now have around 500 miles on them. The sound continues to get better and better (something about a carbon layer that takes the harshness off the sound?). When I first put them on I had to wear ear plugs if I was riding for more than 30 minutes.

I'll be interested to see if you rejet and where you end up.

Ken

She plays castanets, she works without a net, I like her better when she walks away.
KJ_1 #35 01/12/2005 7:56 PM
Adjunct
Adjunct
Earplugs are a good idea anyway. Damage to your hearing is cumulative, a little at a time. I always wear earplugs when riding. I'm already dumb, I can't afford to be deaf too!

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should just get used to that fact and relax
KJ_1 #36 01/13/2005 12:31 AM
Loquacious
Loquacious
Ken, I've got the slash cuts, and can't agree with you more. I just love an excuse to jump on the throttle, especially going through a turn where the pipe is closer to the ground!! And I agree, if I make another long run this summer, ear plugs are a definite!!!

KJ_1 #37 01/13/2005 1:24 PM
piper1 Offline OP
Oil Expert
OP Offline
Oil Expert
Just curious, Ken. What jets did you go with?

"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something."
piper1 #38 01/15/2005 8:57 PM
where did you get your dresser dogs? Are they the megaphone style pipes?

Always wear your earplugs! I know too many guys losing their hearing because they fly without plugs. The radios and engine noise kills your hearing a bit at a time when you fly, and the same goes for riding! The flight surgeon says that wind noise is one of the least appreciated killers of hearing. Be safe. Be American. Ride British.

Tom, the world's unluckiest man
AV8R #39 01/16/2005 6:01 AM
piper1 Offline OP
Oil Expert
OP Offline
Oil Expert
Quote:

where did you get your dresser dogs? Are they the megaphone style pipes?

Dennis Kirk had them on eBay last autumn and I bought a set. They seem to be discontinued at BUB so I guess DK bought the last ones. Had some trouble since the right one was dented and shipping stuff over the Atlantic takes some time. Anyway I sent it back and right after christmas a new fresh undented one arrived. And yes, they are megaphones.

piper1 #40 02/04/2005 10:21 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
OK Piper,
When do we see pics and hear a soundbyte? ssjones sent me a record of his new Long Cannons from SS and they sound marvelous. I got a lapel mike with a 20 foot cord, plugged into my computer and recorded my self mutilated stock Speedmaster longs and they sound pretty good too. I am planning on the Specialty Spares but I can be influenced.
Let me hear them when you can. Rev it up too, Alabama is a long way from Sweden!
Ride Safe,
Dennis

Ride Safe, Dennis Triumph, it's how I live and what I ride.
SKILLET #41 02/05/2005 12:26 AM
Check Pants
Check Pants
I have to scavenge up a mike and do a better recording. I've sent that thing to a dozen folks, it's a little embarassing. Temps in the high 40's and sunny today here in MD. Fired up the SS pipes and took her for a short ride, those pipes still make me smile!

Al
ssjones #42 02/05/2005 9:10 PM
There was a pair of Dresser Dogs in classified section last week for $75.00 an were like new. What a bargain !!! Someone said he was dissatified with them. I cannot believe this because I love my Bub Dresser Dogs !!!!!

stash #43 02/05/2005 10:16 PM
Adjunct
Adjunct
Stash,

It was I that sold my Bub's. It was not because I was dissatisfied with them. In fact, I had those things sounding perfect (in my subjective opinion). I sold them because they irritated my wife. She thinks BMW's are "classy," whereas I think they attract the yuppie-pretentious crowd. Anyway, to attempt marital tranquility, - I bought the "Staintune's" because they have the removable baffles. With the baffles in, they are really quite tame, - but with them out they're similar to the way I had those Bub's sounding with the fiberglass packing.

Make no mistake though, I liked my Bub's. Now Rusty in South Carolina likes them on his TBA.

-BT

"Speedmaster" is a title not a name, - and the title is not plural.
SKILLET #44 02/06/2005 11:58 AM
piper1 Offline OP
Oil Expert
OP Offline
Oil Expert
Quote:

When do we see pics and hear a soundbyte?

Well, Skillet, soon I hope. I just have to wait until riding season comes to this part of the world. Hopefully not more than 6-8 weeks... Stay tuned!

Moderated by  bennybmn, chy 

Link Copied to Clipboard