by chy, September 18
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Searching on the forum????????????
#32607 01/04/2006 3:29 AM
madman Offline OP
OP Offline
I am trying to do a search on AI removal and everytime the search says it is removing the word AI.

Anyway around this

I just bought my America on friday and am already sick of the pops and back fires

Any help would be great

05 America/AI gone/Bub Slash Cut/K&N/130's
Re: Searching on the forum????????????
madman #32608 01/04/2006 5:02 AM
Saddle Sore
Saddle Sore
To remove the AI is a simple procedure, and there are kits available to plug the head ports and the airbox port. NewSpeedmaster.com sells the kit and it comes with instructions.
As far as searching the site, I don't recall the instructions being on here.....
You remove the lines from the cylinder head and plug the holes, remove the reed valves from the frame, remove the hose going to the airbox and plug the hole, and remove the hose from the intake manifold in front of the carbs and put rubber covers over the intake ports. Buy the kit, it makes it easy....

More flags More fun!
Re: Searching on the forum????????????
madman #32609 01/04/2006 5:34 AM
Loquacious
Loquacious
Hi John,
Welcome home. Like Grump says - buy the kit. It's cheap and easy. As far as the popping on decel, the kit eliminated it for me. But then I opened my exhaust and went to larger main jets. Then I had to run a little rich on the low end to stop the pop. It's a process of trial and error. You won't hurt your bike, so just play it by ear and listen to some of the old hands here - that's what I did and I am a happy man.
There is a wealth of information here, just make sure it makes sense. You will love owning the best motorcycle in the world. I can't believe the compliments I receive on my 4 year old bike with over 40,000 miles on it. Most of the comments come from old codgers like me who used to own a Triumph, or had a "brother, cousin, friend, or a friend of one of those" who once owned one. The next group consists of HD riders who "always liked the Triumph look". Mostly, I've been asked "how many QTips you use to clean that thing?" I like to keep it looking as new as I can, but it is not a shrine - I let others ride her (after i've seen them ride their bike) in certain situations.
If image is what you want - great! But if you want to ride, all the time, and never get off it and hate to stop for gas - you bought the right bike. Just Take Care and don't get killed!
My youngest daughter heads to Texas for college this summer. My wife and I are planning to celebrate "Empty Nesting" by flying to LA and renting a bike to ride up the coast like we used to do every weekend when we were young and stupid. I have found a place that rents the Triumph Trophy for abot $100/day. Keep in touch and maybe we can stop by for a quick "front porch" visit. Then I can detail all the nice things about my rental bike - LOL!

Ride Safe, Dennis Triumph, it's how I live and what I ride.
Re: Searching on the forum??? Or what is AI?
madman #32610 01/04/2006 7:23 AM
moe Offline
Should be Riding
Should be Riding
Hey you Madman!

Try this link. Cheers! Fitting Instructions for The Jenks’ Bolts Air Injection Elimination Kit

July 29, 2002 Robert posted:
Quote:

Air Injection Removal
For those of you interested in removing the air injection system from your Bonneville America, Peter Jenks has granted me permission to post a document that he created with some very detailed instructions on the removal process. Big thanks to Peter for sharing his knowledge in this document and also to Beanache for finding the US part number for the manifold plugs. You can find the document in the downloads section from the menu at your left. Thanks!

The only caveat is the link has expired. The link on the home page that is. The link above is valid.

Peter Jenks' website may be found at Jenks' Bolts Accessories and Performance Parts - Catalogue and On-line Shop.

PS: Searching for "ai" is allowed in the archives, but yet how many words have 'ai' in them? 'Air injection' are better search terms.

Congrats on your purchase!

Blowing gravel off rural roads

Moderated by  bennybmn, chy, mert 

Link Copied to Clipboard