Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Head Porting
#246386 03/11/2008 9:06 AM
Learned Hand
OP Offline
Learned Hand
Ok folks with all the BS in getting the other shop going, I have started up a small head porting shop.

I have been porting heads for over 15 years, and have been trained by the best in the business, Joe Mondello. I am offering my services to the BA family.

*First is what I call a "street" Job, or Stage 1.

I clean up the flash in the runners, open up the pockets, smooth out the short side turn, polish the combustion chamber and exhaust ports.

This will show a good increase in CFM in the head, and would go really good with your big bore kit.

Price is 450.00 plus shipping.

**Laping in the valves,setting up the cams, and vavle job are extra if wanted.

*Next is more of a street strip job, or a "stage 2"

All of the above plus, gasket matching intake and exhaust, more bowl work for better swirl, and unshrouding the valves in the chamber.

Price is 550.00 plus shipping.

*Then there is the "race" or "Stage 3"

This has everything listed above plus, reworking the intake port for max flow, bowl work for the best swirl, reshaping the valve guides for max flow.

This is for high reving "race" engines. I do not recomend this for a bike that will see a lot of street use as the rpm required for the heads to make the most power is in the higher range.

Price is 900.00 plus shipping.

** if you are goign to ship me a head, please make sure it is in a sturdy box, as it will be returned ot you in the same box. Make sure it is well packed, foam is best. shipping is typicaly $20.00. I will need a 50% deposit when recieving your head with the rest to be paid prior to sending the completed head back to you.

If you have ANY questions, please feel free to call me.

Matt
*FLOPORT*
843 906 5982

Dont like what you see??? Big red X in the top right of your screen will fix it!
Re: Head Porting
ditch_dr #246387 03/11/2008 4:36 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
those are some great prices you have there, will you have any actual flow information for each step?

Frank

(Former)05 BA tbike pipes, ai removed, Freak, mikuni hsr 42's, 904, ported/polished head, 1mm oversized valves NOW-2010 silver and black tbird
Frank #246388 03/11/2008 4:42 PM
Should be Riding
Should be Riding
Matt did the Stage one on my head, I am in the process of getting my +1mm valves cut in now. I will see if they can flow test it, and post improvement over stock here. Matt, thanks a lot for hooking me up, it looks great and I'm sure it will run even better. Awesome price!! I recommend the good ditch_dr to everyone here!!

Always remember to be yourself. Unless you suck. Then pretend to be someone else.
roadworthy #246389 03/11/2008 6:55 PM
Learned Hand
OP Offline
Learned Hand
Dont have any flow numbers right now. My flow bench was still packed up while i was doing RoadWorthys head. However I will do a pre and post flow test on the head with every job.

I forgot to add, I will be offering discounts ot all BA members.

Last edited by ditch_dr; 03/11/2008 6:56 PM.

Dont like what you see??? Big red X in the top right of your screen will fix it!
ditch_dr #246390 03/12/2008 7:41 PM
Fe Butt
Online Content
Fe Butt
Good way to pack a head to ship is to place a plastic bag in the bottom of the box and spray some foam insulation in it and set the head on the bag then take another bag and put it on top of the head with the opening up (small trash bags work very well)fill the bag around the sides of the head then over the top of the head. This is light weight and pretty much damage proof. Remember that foam will expand quite a bit so don't over do it. If it expands above the box just let it harden the cut it off with a knife or hacksaw blade. I ship cyl. the same way,never had a broken fin.

I learned all I need to know about life by killing smart people and eating their brains.
Eat right ,Exercise ,Stay fit, Die Anyway!

Moderated by  bennybmn, freedom, mert, moe 

Link Copied to Clipboard