Next Thread
Print Thread
Thunderpipe Baffles
#1283 01/17/2005 7:03 AM
baboon Offline OP
Adjunct
OP Offline
Adjunct
I remember seeing a photo of the baffle out of the thunderpipe not long before xmas. If whoever it was that had that pic is reading this or if someone has a pic of the tpipe baffle or if someone could take a pic of the baffle I would forever be in your debt and someday would work out a way of repayingyou for your kindness

Thanks
Brett

Brett Growing old disgracefully.
Re: Thunderpipe Baffles
baboon #1284 01/21/2005 4:56 PM
Worn Saddle
Worn Saddle
Brett,
I believe it was actually a picture of the Bub long slash cuts. One other member took the pictures for me when I was doing some pipe speriments. I still have them at home I think if you want them. Or, wait a bit and I will get some when I take mine apart in Feb for the BB kit.

A word to the wise is not necessary. It is the stupid ones who need the advice. Pat
Dinqua #1285 01/22/2005 11:12 PM
baboon Offline OP
Adjunct
OP Offline
Adjunct
Pat,
Thanks for the reply mate. I gutted my Madaz stainless pipes mid last year believing that louder was faster. These glass packed pipes sounded really asthmatic so I dont want to go back to the original baffles, but after a 2000k trip with the missus during the holidays I have realised she is just too loud (the bike, not the missus) I think I have the pic of the Bub baffle as well - was it the one with the baffle laid out beside the pipe with a tape measure? If so that aint the one I was thinking of.
So if you get a chance when you do the BB kit if you could send me a few pics of the innards of the thunders that'd be great!
Thanks Mate
Brett.

Brett Growing old disgracefully.
Dinqua #1286 01/28/2005 5:02 PM
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Pat,

After all this time has passed since you have you Thunder pipes..what's your opinion? I have just gone the baffle removal route because of economics but still considering a move to Thunder Pipes.

ed

[color:"blue"] www.fasteddysports.com [/color]
Fasteddy #1287 01/30/2005 11:46 AM
Loquacious
Loquacious
hey ed, i just went to the dealer and he finally got my 05 up and running (still havta wait for around april tho with this weather) and the bike sounds BEAUTIFUL, the sound cant even be put into words. it is like NO other twin out there i have heard. all i can say is u wont be dissapointed if you buy them.

Frank

(Former)05 BA tbike pipes, ai removed, Freak, mikuni hsr 42's, 904, ported/polished head, 1mm oversized valves NOW-2010 silver and black tbird

Moderated by  bennybmn, chy 

Link Copied to Clipboard