Next Thread
Print Thread
Rider Magazine/Motorcycle Fishing
#601239 01/07/2021 9:25 PM
Hermit Offline OP
Loquacious
OP Offline
Loquacious
I just finished the Motorcycle Fishing story in the December issue of Rider Magazine. The author uses his America to get to the fishing spots. I wonder if he is a member here?

Good article.

Re: Rider Magazine/Motorcycle Fishing
Hermit #601241 01/09/2021 9:52 AM
Adjunct
Online Content
Adjunct
I gave up on that rag after receiving it for a lot of years.

We stopped receiving printed copies back in the Spring. I would get e-mail from them and I answered every one of them asking when we might get printed copies. No answers. Recently, I received an e-mail acknowledging my many inquiries and apologizing for someone else not answering. No answer to my questions.

I can understand the issues of the last year, but all it would have taken is a line or two in one of the many emails they sent to tell us what would happen to the subscriptions we had paid for.

I told them to stuff it.

Re: Rider Magazine/Motorcycle Fishing
Hermit #601242 01/10/2021 10:21 AM
Adjunct
Adjunct
For years I lived a couple miles up a forest service road (dirt and rock) in north Idaho. My America was fine when it came to navigating the pot holes and small washouts.

The digital article is available online for free @ rider magazine. The guy's riding a nicely equipped America, with bags and back box that holds his gear. Good set up. Alas I don't fish, but it was a good read. And it looked like he was parked on a paved road -- good choice!

A 550 pound motorcycle is no dirt bike (no offense GS owners) unless you are young and strong and a competent dirt rider. The forest road I lived on (like most out here) was built to give loggers and others access to the mountains. Every few years the forest service would grade it or fix the washouts. So it was usually easy to ride.

John 3:16
let's ride...

1969 Triumph Trophy 500
2004 America
2010 America

Link Copied to Clipboard