Next Thread
Print Thread
RIP Sean Connery
#601082 10/31/2020 6:50 PM
MACMC Offline OP
New Tires
OP Offline
New Tires
RIP SEAN CONNERY: Iconic James Bond Pioneer Actor Dies at 90.

Sean Connery, the most iconic James Bond actor, is now having drinks with the Man Upstairs. The acting giant passed away in his sleep overnight in the Bahamas. His loss is tragic, but he lived to the age of 90.

Before his iconic roles as James Bond, Indiana Jones’ father in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989), The Hunt for Red October (1990), and more, Connery worked as a milkman, laborer, artist’s model, bodybuilder, and sailor in the British Royal Navy. At the age of 23, he chose acting over becoming a professional soccer player.

Connery pioneered the role of 007 in Dr. No (1962). He embodied the iconic British spy at the height of the Cold War, launching the James Bond series that continues to this day.

In his 1990 book Medium Cool: The Movies of the 1960s, Ethan Mordden wrote of Connery as Bond, “Once in an era there is perfect casting. Greta Garbo as Ninotchka, Margaret O’Brien as Tootie Smith, Johnny Sheffield as Bomba the Jungle Boy—and Connery as 007.”

My first Bond movie was Goldfinger, my mom took me. Been a diehard Connery fan ever since. We had a Young Republican Connery Fan Club in the late 70's and early 80's, we showed Zardoz every Halloween. I think it was his only mistake,but very camp.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. H. L. Mencken
1 member likes this: findlay13
Re: RIP Sean Connery
MACMC #601085 11/01/2020 2:39 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
Who didnt have at least one Bond poster taped to their wall?....BTW how do you know he isn't downstairs sipping Hot Toddies ;-) ;-)

MACMC #601086 11/01/2020 3:03 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
PS. It would have been on the wall right next to the Gordie Howe "Mr. Hockey" poster.

MACMC #601089 11/03/2020 5:40 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
I saw Dr.No at the movies in The UK with my Dad. and the others Russia with love Goldfinger Thunderball.It was never the same when he left the role.I didn't watch any from then and I've only just started to see some of the Daniel Craig which are good but should be called something else,Licence to kill or whatever not Bond, IMO.

He was a great actor The man who would be King with Michael Caine was great,The Untouchables,as you say Zardoz and many more

Dinosaur.

"Oh Man I only ride 'em.I don't know what makes 'em work". Donald "Oddball" Sutherland

"Don't let the bastards get you down". Kris Kristofferson

"I am only paranoid because everyone is against me". Larry [Frank Burns] Linville

Link Copied to Clipboard