Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Elvis hits?
#596992 05/23/2019 11:59 PM
Worn Saddle
OP Offline
Worn Saddle
This is been bugging me for some time and I don't know the answer. Maybe one of you music experts know the answer. How come I never hear an Elvis song on the average pop music radio programs? I hear Stones, Beatles, even the occasional Monkees song. Oldy Goldy stations? I NEVER hear Elvis. I'm not a crazy fan, but come on, He was the biggest singer in the 60s! What's the deal?

Fidelis et Fortis
Re: Elvis hits?
arstaren #596993 05/24/2019 1:03 AM
Monkey Butt
Monkey Butt
Oldies are from the 80s now. Elvis is just too old. Advertisers don't want to market to the 70 or 80 year olds.

Linda Ronstadt is now oldies, with John Cougar, Phil Collins etc.

Elvis got his fame in the 50s and 60s. Was already established. Even though he was a king in rock and roll. He seems to be kinda a decade older than the Beatles, Stones, Mellencamp, Springsteen. The 80s are now the oldies.

I guess I am lucky. I have Alexa on my phone, When in the car I bluetooth it to my radio and tell it to play whatever artist I wan't.

I told it to play Elvis after your post and there they came. If I didn't like I just said play next. Never bought his music but he was a fabulous singer. Great voice.

I try to aggravate one person a day. Today may be your day.
satxron #596994 05/24/2019 8:01 AM
Loquacious
Loquacious
I remember a friend telling me he was talking to a young teenager,about Bob Dylan and the kid apparently said he'd vaguely heard of him.Talk about making me feel old![What is this bluetooth you talk of Ron?and Alexa,is she a girlfriend?
]I'm a dinosaur!

Dinosaur.

"Oh Man I only ride 'em.I don't know what makes 'em work". Donald "Oddball" Sutherland

"Don't let the bastards get you down". Kris Kristofferson

"I am only paranoid because everyone is against me". Larry [Frank Burns] Linville
findlay13 #596995 05/24/2019 10:09 AM
Monkey Butt
Monkey Butt
Bluetooth is close communication protocol where two items can pair wireless. If your car radio can do it, you pair your phone to the radio. Alexa is used by Amazon Prime members with a 1000s upon 1000s of free songs. Alexa is the AI app that lets you talk to Amazon. You click it and say Play Bob Dylan or play Lay Lady Lay, and it does. If Bluetoothed to your car radio under aux on the radio it plays through the car speakers.

Alexa is the name of the app.

Bluetooth is the protocol that allows your car to answer and dial out on your phone.

satxron #596996 05/24/2019 6:57 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
Elvis is proof that all it takes is the right management team to make the big time . The man never wrote a song and couldn't play the guitar all that well was in some of the hoakiest movies ever and is called the king of R&R

ENJOY!!!!! NEWT!!!!!
newt #596997 05/24/2019 8:44 PM
Monkey Butt
Monkey Butt
Luciano Pavarotti didn't write songs or play guitar either. He got paid for singing. You can't market what isn't good. The people bought the music.

Elvis sold a lot of records, millions of people bought them. In his time when you bought records you played them. No video, no Ipod, people played them to hear him sing. His career was also interrupted by military service.

There are the Beatles, I did buy their music.
Then there is Elvis.

He did something right besides have a good manager.

I try to aggravate one person a day. Today may be your day.
satxron #596998 05/24/2019 8:52 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
I have to say I was never a fan and always wondered why he was famous. The way he danced was popular with the girls and he could sing, just not my cup of tea. The way he danced was also very unpopular with adults at the time also helping his image with the younger crowd. At one point it was not allowed to show him from the waist down.

I learned all I need to know about life by killing smart people and eating their brains.
Eat right ,Exercise ,Stay fit, Die Anyway!
satxron #596999 05/24/2019 11:54 PM
Monkey Butt
Monkey Butt
Listen to Sirius/XM sixties on 6. Plenty of Elvis. I think they even have an Elvis channel. I'm not a big Elvis fan but he's on there.

We all like to think of ourselves as rugged individualists. But when push comes to shove most of us are sheep who do what we are told. Worst of all, a lot of us become unpaid agents of whoever is controlling the agenda by enforcing the current dogma on the few rugged individualists who actually exist.
satxron #597000 05/25/2019 1:55 AM
Loquacious
Loquacious
Quote:

Bluetooth is close communication protocol where two items can pair wireless. If your car radio can do it, you pair your phone to the radio. Alexa is used by Amazon Prime members with a 1000s upon 1000s of free songs. Alexa is the AI app that lets you talk to Amazon. You click it and say Play Bob Dylan or play Lay Lady Lay, and it does. If Bluetoothed to your car radio under aux on the radio it plays through the car speakers.

Alexa is the name of the app.

Bluetooth is the protocol that allows your car to answer and dial out on your phone.

I know of bluetooth Ron just don't know how to use it.I figured Alexa was a app.The trouble is all this stuff is WAY smarter than me.I have some tech smart mates.I'll talk to them

Dinosaur.

"Oh Man I only ride 'em.I don't know what makes 'em work". Donald "Oddball" Sutherland

"Don't let the bastards get you down". Kris Kristofferson

"I am only paranoid because everyone is against me". Larry [Frank Burns] Linville

Link Copied to Clipboard