OP Offline
Loquacious
They cancelled the tours
I was so looking forward to a tour of the factory in N Chennai

Re: Royal Enfield Factory Tour
SMJoe #595774 01/11/2019 1:38 PM
Worn Saddle
Worn Saddle
I love any kind of factory tour. Still trying to find time to tour the Indian assembly plant in Northern Iowa. Which is a shame, cause I LIVE in Iowa!

Fidelis et Fortis
arstaren #595775 01/11/2019 7:43 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
I think it's a shame about the Hershey tour. I did it as a kid and it was great. I took my grand kids expecting the same and they have some stupid ride with miniatures, it really gives you no id3ea of the scale of what went on. Now it's made in Mexico.

I learned all I need to know about life by killing smart people and eating their brains.
Eat right ,Exercise ,Stay fit, Die Anyway!
The_Dog33 #595776 01/11/2019 11:43 PM
Worn Saddle
Worn Saddle
Quote:

I think it's a shame about the Hershey tour. I did it as a kid and it was great. I took my grand kids expecting the same and they have some stupid ride with miniatures, it really gives you no id3ea of the scale of what went on. Now it's made in Mexico.

Hershey's is MADE IN MEXICO!!!? Ohhhhh, the HUMANITY!

Fidelis et Fortis
arstaren #595777 01/12/2019 1:11 AM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Quote:

Quote:

Hmmmm...ya know, I THOUGHT those Hershey kisses I ate recently seemed to contain the subtle but still distinct flavor of cilantro in 'em.

(...good to know my oh-so refined palate is still in tiptop shape)

Yep! Just like a good Single Malt Scotch, you might call me "an acquired taste" TOO.(among the many OTHER things you may care to call me, of course)
SMJoe #595778 01/12/2019 1:27 AM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
OH, and btw Paul...

Quote:

They cancelled the tours
I was so looking forward to a tour of the factory in N Chennai

Gotta ask here.

Why was your Royal Enfield factory tour cancelled?

Wait, lemme guess.

When you got there, there was a cow standing in the factory's entry doorway and wouldn't allow anyone to pass, and so your tour director told you due to their long-standing feelings about this sort'a thing over there, he'd have to cancel it.

(...okay sure, was that "culturally insensitive" of me here in this day and age?...yeah, probably, but frankly I don't care, and ESPECIALLY after these two Scotchs I've had tonight!)

Yep! Just like a good Single Malt Scotch, you might call me "an acquired taste" TOO.(among the many OTHER things you may care to call me, of course)
Dwight #595779 01/12/2019 6:51 AM
SMJoe Offline OP
Loquacious
OP Offline
Loquacious
I would have smacked the stupid beast on the ass and made it move if that were the case, no they cancelled tours sometime last year.

Oh BTW we were in NE India in the state where the 1962 Sino-Indian war was fought Aranachal Pradesh and up there they eat beef, pork and Yak. Mmm Mmm smoked yak curry is wonderful!! and Yak butter tea was a treat!.

The_Dog33 #595780 01/12/2019 7:50 AM
Loquacious
Loquacious
Quote:

Hershey chocolate is dead to me. I'm a Mars man.

Last edited by Speedmaster05; 01/12/2019 7:50 AM.

Kevin - Luceo Non Uro
arstaren #595781 01/12/2019 12:50 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Quote:

Quote:

Spoken like a true liberal showing ignorance of the history of Milton Hershey. He would be rolling over in his grave right now. Just another manufacturer that moved out of the country due to failed policy. That being said I speaking more to the loss of the tour in my last post.

I learned all I need to know about life by killing smart people and eating their brains.
The_Dog33 #595782 01/12/2019 10:35 PM
SMJoe Offline OP
Loquacious
OP Offline
Loquacious
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Spoken like a true liberal showing ignorance of the history of Milton Hershey. He would be rolling over in his grave right now. Just another manufacturer that moved out of the country due to failed policy. That being said I speaking more to the loss of the tour in my last post.

Hershey moved out of Smith Falls Ontario and who moved in.. ? Well they trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the sign WEED. So the joke is which came first the Munchies or the Pot?

The_Dog33 #595783 01/13/2019 1:32 AM
Worn Saddle
Worn Saddle
Quote:

Ummm..., I was LAMENTING the fact that Hersheys moved down south.

Fidelis et Fortis
arstaren #595784 01/13/2019 9:09 AM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Sorry Rich, I took it as sarcasim.

The_Dog33 #595785 01/20/2019 12:47 AM
SMJoe Offline OP
Loquacious
OP Offline
Loquacious
Saw the first woman pulling her sari out of the back wheel of a motorcycle yesterday something I suspect happens on occassion not so much on scooter but open wheel bikes. I have imagined it often seeing them fly in the wind streaming out behind.

SMJoe #595786 01/20/2019 4:09 AM
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Quote:

Saw the first woman pulling her sari out of the back wheel of a motorcycle yesterday something I suspect happens on occassion not so much on scooter but open wheel bikes. I have imagined it often seeing them fly in the wind streaming out behind.

I suppose that a loose turban getting caught in the spokes would even more exciting of an experience!

05 speedmaster - 1100cc, 11:1 racing pistons, Carillo rods, thunderbike cams, ported and polished head, 2mm over intake and exhaust valves, Barnett kevlar clutch, scepter pipes, oversize manifolds, 45mm HSR's, TTP stage 4 firestarter
mag10 #595787 01/20/2019 5:37 AM
SMJoe Offline OP
Loquacious
OP Offline
Loquacious
No doubt the guy would be spinning like a Whirling Dirvish but not too many turbans in Tamil Nadu(Pondicherry) they would sweat like crazy.

The_Dog33 #595788 01/20/2019 3:02 PM
PES Offline
Bar Shake
Bar Shake
Quote:

Now it's made in Mexico.

This whole global manufacturing thing is getting out of hand. BMW’s made in South Carolina, Mercedes made in Alabama, Triumphs made in Thailand, Wrangler jeans made in Mexico, my Jockey’s made in Bangladesh and Skechers made in Vietnam. Now you are telling me my Hersheys bars are made in Mexico too?

"Catching a yellow jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary" Author unknown
mag10 #595789 01/21/2019 2:16 PM
Worn Saddle
Worn Saddle
Quote:

Quote:

I suppose that a loose turban getting caught in the spokes would even more exciting of an experience!

I can't remember who exactly now, but a famous man's wife broke her neck riding in one of the first early cars with spoke wheels and open top. Her scarf blew over the side and got caught in the rear wheel.

Fidelis et Fortis
arstaren #595790 01/21/2019 5:20 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I can't remember who exactly now, but a famous man's wife broke her neck riding in one of the first early cars with spoke wheels and open top. Her scarf blew over the side and got caught in the rear wheel.

That would be dancer (and at the time, very famous in her own right for it) Isadora Duncan, Rich.

And who as you mentioned, died just in that manner in 1927 at age 50 in Nice, France.

(...and funny, but I had always been under the impression that the car she was riding in at the time had been a Stutz Bearcat, but just now after checking her Wiki bio-page, it said this happened while riding in some French-made auto brand at the time called Amilcar)

Dwight #595791 01/21/2019 5:33 PM
Worn Saddle
Worn Saddle
Thanks for the clarification, Dwight. You're a WEALTH of information. (And a lot of other stuff, also!)

Fidelis et Fortis
arstaren #595792 01/21/2019 5:47 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Quote:

Thanks for the clarification, Dwight. You're a WEALTH of information. (And a lot of other stuff, also!)

So, I assume this comment also possibly spurred by witnessing my presence over at the Indian Motorcycle website lately too, eh?!

Dwight #595793 01/22/2019 12:26 AM
Worn Saddle
Worn Saddle
Quote:

Quote:

So, I assume this comment also possibly spurred by witnessing my presence over at the Indian Motorcycle website lately too, eh?!

I'm not sure "presence" is the right word here. Maybe "stench".

Fidelis et Fortis
Dwight #595794 01/23/2019 1:13 PM
SMJoe Offline OP
Loquacious
OP Offline
Loquacious
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That would be dancer (and at the time, very famous in her own right for it) Isadora Duncan, Rich.

And who as you mentioned, died just in that manner in 1927 at age 50 in Nice, France.

(...and funny, but I had always been under the impression that the car she was riding in at the time had been a Stutz Bearcat, but just now after checking her Wiki bio-page, it said this happened while riding in some French-made auto brand at the time called Amilcar)

Is that the car used in the movie or a reasonable facimile?

SMJoe #595795 01/23/2019 9:59 PM
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Oh, that freakin Google

Quote:

Isadora Duncan's fondness for flowing scarves was the cause of her death in 1927 in an automobile accident in Nice, France. The famed American dancer was the passenger in an Amilcar CGSS[5] when her silk scarf became entangled around the open-spoked wheels and rear axle, breaking her neck.[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amilcar_CGSS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amilcar

Sharp little car I might add.

2004 Triumph Speedmaster (J Lo) 2006 Yamaha Stratoliner (Adele)
SMJoe #595796 01/25/2019 10:21 AM
SMJoe Offline OP
Loquacious
OP Offline
Loquacious
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Is that the car used in the movie or a reasonable facimile?

Bugatti Type 54 I believe, a very respectable substitute.Vanessa Redgrave was pretty hot back then.

Link Copied to Clipboard