Steve McQueen inspired
by Feral, November 28
GaRally22
GaRally22
by chy, September 18
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Notice to ALL my Battery bracket customers!
#534848 12/30/2013 11:41 AM
Loquacious
OP Offline
Loquacious
To anyone that may not know. I build battery tray brackets for guys on this site. See this link for more info...
http://www.bonnevilleamerica.com/forums/...part=1&vc=1

NOTICE TO ALL OF MY FUTURE CUSTOMERS!
If you notice any major defects in the stock bracket that youre returning to me for your deposit refund, MESSAGE ME FIRST BEFORE SENDING IT! Don't send me a beat up, bent, rusted, and cracked stock bracket without telling me. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR $50 DEPOSIT. I'll be spending your deposit on another bracket to sell to the next customer.

Heres a picture of what zaptweety sent back to me as an example of what NOT to send me...

GUYS, Ive sold something like 30-40 brackets on here for the past few years. Never had a problem. NOT ONE! Until now Ive never actually had to keep someone's deposit either. If you have a problem and might not make the 30 day deadline. MESSAGE ME FIRST! We'll work it out.

Zaptweety was afraid to meet the 30 day deadline so he bought a bracket from pinwall to send me. Pinwall sells parts from wrecked bikes and they sometimes have defects that might not be clear in the picture. (ask me how I know) He got the bracket from pinwall, seen it had damage didn't understand that part was to be reused, and sent it anyway without contacting me first.

Imagine my surprise when I'm ready to make the bracket for the next customer, open zaptweety's box, and see this mess. I was pissd! I'm always pretty good with 1 week turn around give or take a day or two. So I had to ask my new customer, who already paid, for a few weeks so I could buy another bracket from ebay with zaptweety's deposit.

Re: Notice to ALL my Battery bracket customers!
brokenfixed #534849 12/30/2013 12:40 PM
Second Wind
Second Wind
Wow.

Cores and charges are for building the next one. Not junk that cant be used. Thats why they are so affordable.

I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. Edgar Allan Poe
StandingBull #534850 12/30/2013 1:31 PM
Loquacious
OP Offline
Loquacious
More importantly the core charge keeps people on their toes about how long they can get their bracket back to me. In the beginning I didn't have a core deposit and some customers were taking a little longer than I originally planned.

I used to have a backup bracket just in case an order came in while I was waiting for the other to come back. But I eventually sold it outright, then things slowed down and Ive been doing alright with waiting until now. So after this I just bought another one as a backup just in case.

brokenfixed #534851 12/30/2013 8:30 PM
Should be Riding
Should be Riding
I think it's great that you called him out by username, him sending you that piece is unacceptable

Always remember to be yourself. Unless you suck. Then pretend to be someone else.
roadworthy #534852 12/30/2013 8:57 PM
Worn Saddle
Worn Saddle
You've been on here enough that I figured that something was amiss about his complaint. Thanks for the clarification.

Fidelis et Fortis
roadworthy #534853 12/31/2013 10:28 AM
Loquacious
OP Offline
Loquacious
Quote:

I think it's great that you called him out by username, him sending you that piece is unacceptable

Yeah don't you hate that level of unaccountability on forums?

I was going to post about it just to educate anyone in the future, but then he posted on my thread about it. So it is what it is. And that's why I posted this in the lounge. I want people to know the truth.

arstaren #534854 12/31/2013 10:32 AM
Loquacious
OP Offline
Loquacious
Quote:

You've been on here enough that I figured that something was amiss about his complaint. Thanks for the clarification.

Actually, thanks for recognizing it.

StandingBull #534855 01/17/2014 8:38 PM
Adjunct
Adjunct
Quote:

Wow.

Cores and charges are for building the next one. Not junk that cant be used. That's why they are so affordable.

What he said. Brokenfixed, you did what you had to.

Opportunities multiply as they are seized. - Sun Tzu

Moderated by  bennybmn, freedom, mert, moe 

Link Copied to Clipboard