Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: OT: Concealed Gun Permit
MACMC #497931 08/14/2012 9:05 PM
Oil Expert
Oil Expert
Quote:

I agree, don't ride or hunt birds with more than four.

I stick to three.

Smokey3214 #497932 08/14/2012 9:50 PM
Second Wind
Second Wind
Oh by the way Soul Surviver, good job, you did the best you could with what ya had to do it with. Most others would have gone home and moaned about it like an impotent (female dog used for breeding), and took their futile frustrations out on their wife and kids, instead of taking action. Right, wrong, or indifferent, You defused a situation and every one else had a nice rest of the day at the range. Plus noone got hurt. So kuddos to you.

I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. Edgar Allan Poe
StandingBull #497933 08/14/2012 10:30 PM
New Tires
New Tires
Luckily no one got hurt, no one learned anything either. By the way, if someone doesn't like my taste in weapons or my actions on a range with a ranger and grabs my gun, they'll be wearing it home. Being "father knows best", I never miss a opportunity for a teachable moment.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. H. L. Mencken
MACMC #497934 08/14/2012 10:51 PM
Second Wind
Second Wind
I know you are tuff as nails, and wise as Gandalf the wizzard.
So in the spirit of teachable moments I will offer you a little. You come off as a know it all, not a wise fellow who has the best interest of everyone at heart.
The first step to being a wise teacher is understanding the pupil. So maybe before spouting some sage advise, you should listen to the person and learn more about them.
So if I wanted to "educate" mr. Soul survivor, I may offer a statment like this. "I appreciate what you were trying to do, but you must understand that you put yourself in danger of escalating the situation, and increasing the danger for you and the others at the range. Morons with firearms are generaly unpredictable. I think it would be more prudent to get the ranger to handle the situation next time. For your own safety".

I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. Edgar Allan Poe
StandingBull #497935 08/14/2012 11:12 PM
New Tires
New Tires
Quote:

I know you are tuff as nails, and wise as Gandalf the wizzard.
So in the spirit of teachable moments I will offer you a little. You come off as a know it all, not a wise fellow who has the best interest of everyone at heart.
The first step to being a wise teacher is understanding the pupil. So maybe before spouting some sage advise, you should listen to the person and learn more about them.
So if I wanted to "educate" mr. Soul survivor, I may offer a statment like this. "I appreciate what you were trying to do, but you must understand that you put yourself in danger of escalating the situation, and increasing the danger for you and the others at the range. Morons with firearms are generaly unpredictable. I think it would be more prudent to get the ranger to handle the situation next time. For your own safety".

I probably would have written all that, if I had thought everyone on this site were twelve years old. My bad, I thought everyone was intellectual enough to understanding my drift.

I never meant to offend anyone, just reminding folks the world is a dangerous place already, no need to escalate.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. H. L. Mencken
MACMC #497936 08/14/2012 11:25 PM
Second Wind
Second Wind
I know you are a good guy who meant no harm. I just know that there are many folks who don't visit this site anymore, because they don't feel accepted, and the perceived attitude of folks on here. Guys like Silky, Stevie B, and others who I have talked to. They feel as though those who have been on here longer have an, "I'm better than you" attitude. So its not about intellect, its about understanding the point of others, and choosing our words of correction and education wisely.

StandingBull #497937 08/15/2012 12:22 AM
New Tires
New Tires
Trust me, I don't think I'm not better than anyone one, I'm just Irish Catholic white trash. I'm sorry, but I don't patronize people I respect, which is the folks on this site. I don't get offended by those that disagree with or criticise me, gentlemen and ladies can agree to disagree and still be buds. But, your advise is welcome.

MACMC #497938 08/15/2012 1:36 AM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Yeah, well, FIRST of all Mac, when ya said...

Quote:

Trust me, I don't think I'm not better than anyone.

...was that double negative there INTENTIONAL, or just a Freudian Slip???

Soooooo, in OTHER words, YA DO think you're better than anyone, EH???!!!

(...c'mon, fess up now!)

Yep! Just like a good Single Malt Scotch, you might call me "an acquired taste" TOO.(among the many OTHER things you may care to call me, of course)
StandingBull #497939 08/15/2012 1:40 AM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
And SECONDLY Chad, when YOU said...

Quote:

They feel as though those who have been on here longer have an, "I'm better than you" attitude.

...MY only response to THAT is that ANYONE who thinks THAT is OBVIOUSLY of "inferior stock"!!!

Yep! Just like a good Single Malt Scotch, you might call me "an acquired taste" TOO.(among the many OTHER things you may care to call me, of course)
Dwight #497940 08/15/2012 1:44 AM
New Tires
New Tires
Quote:

Yeah, well, FIRST of all Mac, when ya said...

Quote:

Trust me, I don't think I'm not better than anyone.

...was that double negative there INTENTIONAL, or just a Freudian Slip???

Soooooo, in OTHER words, YA DO thing you're better than anyone, EH???!!!

(...c'mon, fess up now!)

PUBLIK SKOOL!

MACMC #497941 08/15/2012 11:26 AM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Dwight beat me to it, I was going to ask if that double negative was on purpose as soon as I read it too.My grand mother graduated top of her class as an English major, my mom taught school, and my sister then became a teacher as well. Double neg. and redundancies and such have been drummed into my head and bug the hell out of me when I see or hear them.

I learned all I need to know about life by killing smart people and eating their brains.
Eat right ,Exercise ,Stay fit, Die Anyway!
The_Dog33 #497942 08/15/2012 11:35 AM
New Tires
New Tires
I know the rules, just some distractions and a laziness in editing prior to posting, apologies. Well that and publik skool.

MACMC #497943 08/15/2012 11:39 AM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
No worries, there are many way worse like those that use there when they mean their and vise versa. Aint no is another bad one aint got none or don't have no are bad too. Drives me nuts at work. I have most of my shop speaking correct English now.

I learned all I need to know about life by killing smart people and eating their brains.
The_Dog33 #497944 08/15/2012 12:09 PM
New Tires
New Tires
Correct English Evangelist!, good for you.

MACMC #497945 08/15/2012 12:29 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Hey guys!

Back on topic here for a second(and you know how rare THIS is for ME to do around here. RIGHT?! ), BUT...have you seen THIS little news item out of Nevada about a guy who was watching the latest "Bourne Legacy" flick in a theater and who has a concealed gun permit!....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/15/moviegoer-shoots-self-in-butt-bourne-legacy_n_1778182.html

(...yep, seems the producers of these films have heard about this guy, and have ALREADY decided to contact him about starting a series of movies about him...the working title at this time is reported to be "The Bourne LOSER Trilogy")

eddieb #497946 08/15/2012 12:47 PM
Adjunct
Adjunct
I didn't mean to cause so much angst between friends and I could have and should have worded my first comment about this in a more toned down fashion. For instance when I stated I grabbed a rifle from ones hand I should have stated I grabbed the stock and pointed it down range; away from the elderly couple next to them. I then removed the rifle, disarmed it and told the three 'boys' that a seize fire had been called and they didn't step behind the line, empty their breach and stop waving around their AR irresponsibly. That’s when I told them un an unprofessional manner to remove themselves. It was then I figured out that these three didn't understand what was being said to them. But they didn't seem to have a problem with what I asked them to do and they did leave. As if dad(me) had scolded them. The seize fire is called over a loud speaker from the office by which a line officer comes out, checks the breaches and so on. There were several really angry guys heading in their direction(I think two of them were Mongols-different story) so I just diffused an incendiary situation. MC, I am not taken back by your comments on the way I handled things. You probably would have stopped these guys in a different way. And you would have stopped them. But it seemed like when I got there these three clown had been carrying on and the LO hadn't done a thing about it. I have kids so maybe I am a little over protective of, not just them, but everybody. Including everyone on this forum, my friends, strangers and family.
And I have been really cautious about everything since John died 20 minutes after I saw him. So to see three irresponsible people putting innocent lives in danger without a care in the world; a rifle range offering no protection to their patrons just after a close friend who would never do anything like that dies in an accident has put me on high alert. I am not an aggressive person. Not at the range, work or on a winding road somewhere(well maybe when I'm riding my Thruxton). In the future I'll think twice about posting something that could be construed controversial or just not post at all. Take care guys.
Doug

Soul_Survivor #497947 08/15/2012 12:52 PM
Second Wind
Second Wind
Soul, Thats fine you didn't cause a thing brother.

Soul_Survivor #497948 08/15/2012 12:54 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Eeh! C'mon now, Doug ol' buddy! A little "controversy" around here is ALWAYS a welcomed addition in MY book!

(...as I'm sure you well know after all these years!)

Dwight #497949 08/15/2012 12:58 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
Quote:

Eeh! C'mon now, Doug ol' buddy! A little "controversy" around here is ALWAYS a welcomed addition in MY book!

I'm shocked

THE VOICE OF REASON per: Stewart AF&AM/Shriner/Scoutmaster 130/45 TBS 2shim SS Uni 18/42
Dwight #497950 08/15/2012 1:01 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Mine too, sometimes I take an opposite view point just because I'm bored.

Soul_Survivor #497951 08/15/2012 1:03 PM
New Tires
New Tires
Doug, no offense was intended and none taken. We're from all over the world, with all our various experiences and opinions, that's what makes this fraternity so much fun and interesting. If nothing else, the misunderstanding generated some good postings, good for everyone. Besides, you and I have a lot in common, two of them are guns and Thruxtons. Rock on Doug.

StandingBull #497952 08/15/2012 1:03 PM
Second Wind
Second Wind
Alright now Dwight and Dog, y'all are doing to Mac exactly what I was going on about. Now, stop it.
He, actually has high post count so like the rest of us who have been here a while is fair game.
Please, refrain from attacking the new guys though.
At least wait till they have 1000 post before beating them up.

RobBA05 #497953 08/15/2012 1:04 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Quote:

Quote:

I'm shocked

Now Rob! Couldn't you have stated that in the form of a double negative here JUST to keep some kinda flow goin' in this thread???

(...yeah, somethin' like maybe, "I'm not shocked to have not missed reading that!"...or at least SOMETHIN' like that anyway!!!)

Dwight #497954 08/15/2012 1:07 PM
Second Wind
Second Wind
If he had said, "I ain't never had no shock this shockifying before in all my days". You could of had some fun huh?

StandingBull #497955 08/15/2012 1:16 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Yep! Ya see, THAT'S always been the problem with Rob...He done never knows when to goes along with a gag!

(...btw, it WAS okay for me to kid Rob here, seein' as he's been around here as long as I have, RIGHT?!...I just wanna make sure I understand these parameters of WHOM I'm supposed to kid and WHO I'm NOT, ya see!!!)

StandingBull #497956 08/15/2012 1:25 PM
New Tires
New Tires
Crazyhorse, I've actually been here since winter of 2003. It's all in fun, no need for anyone to take it the wrong way.

Dwight #497957 08/15/2012 1:25 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Btw guys...How come I'm not readin' any responses yet about that Loser in Nevada, HUH???!!!

(...just see if I EVER try to get back on topic around here EVER AGAIN!!!)

Dwight #497958 08/15/2012 1:27 PM
Oil Expert
Oil Expert
Dear God in heaven, according to my business card I'm a speech pathologist. Are you just trying to kill me? I'm going to go into the next room and eat a bullet.

Oh, damn it.

No gun.

Smokey3214 #497959 08/15/2012 1:32 PM
Oil Expert
Oil Expert
Quote:

Dear God in heaven, according to my business card I'm a speech pathologist. Are you just trying to kill me? I'm going to go into the next room and eat a bullet.

Oh, damn it.

No gun.

2007 Speedmaster and miss it! 2013 T-Bird Storm and Luvin it! Catching a yellow jacket in your shirt at 70 mph can double your vocabulary
Smokey3214 #497960 08/15/2012 1:34 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Quote:

Oh, damn it.

No gun.

Ooooh!

I don't know if I would've broadcast that bit of information about your lack of an arsenal here, Chet!

Ya see, MAYBE you don't know this, BUT that "bad ol' government" in D.C. reads EVERYTHING on the Internet nowadays, ya know.

(...and when they turn REALLY "tyrannical", now YOUR HOUSE will be one of the VERY FIRST they'll invade!!!)

Dwight #497961 08/15/2012 2:06 PM
New Tires
New Tires
Dropped gun discharge, too funny, almost as funny as the LEO shooting himself while giving a gun safety lecture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAVYFRM5Tl8

Dwight #497962 08/15/2012 2:10 PM
Second Wind
Second Wind
Quote:

Btw guys...How come I aint readin' no responses yet about that thare Loser in Nevada, HUH???!!!

(...just see if I EVER try to get back on this here topic around here EVER AGAIN!!!)

Fix ya grammer fer ye.

Dwight #497963 08/15/2012 3:17 PM
Oil Expert
Oil Expert
Quote:

Quote:

Oh, damn it.

No gun.

Ooooh!

I don't know if I would've broadcast that bit of information about your lack of an arsenal here, Chet!

Ya see, MAYBE you don't know this, BUT that "bad ol' government" in D.C. reads EVERYTHING on the Internet nowadays, ya know.

(...and when they turn REALLY "tyrannical", now YOUR HOUSE will be one of the VERY FIRST they'll invade!!!)

My house looks like a medieval arsenal. Besides that, my dog is the only one in the house with less than a second degree black belt in something. Barring a home invader who is on vacation and just trying to get away from it all we should be fine.
If the government shows up with attack helicopters and assault vehicles I just hope I can open the doors quickly enough.

Smokey3214 #497964 08/15/2012 6:40 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
I know we got past the whole English lesson bit but I forgot to mention the one that bothers me the most...exact same. Probably the most used redundancy and like fingers on a chalk board to me.

The_Dog33 #497965 08/15/2012 8:25 PM
Oil Expert
Oil Expert
Quote:

I know we got past the whole English lesson bit but I forgot to mention the one that bothers me the most...exact same. Probably the most used redundancy and like fingers on a chalk board to me.

Mine is 'irregardless'.

The opposite of 'regarding' is 'regardless' not 'irregardless'. Using rules of language irregardless would mean the same thing as regarding.

Smokey3214 #497966 08/15/2012 9:10 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Ya know what MINE is?!

When people type "noone", instead of "no one" OR "nobody".

'Cause there AIN'T no freakin' word as "NOONE"!!!

Well, UNLESS one MIGHT actually be referrin' to THIS guy of the '60s British pop group HERMAN'S HERMITS...

(...for the uninitiated out there, say hello to PETER NOONE!)

Dwight #497967 08/15/2012 9:15 PM
New Tires
New Tires
HERMAN'S HERMITS!....

MACMC #497968 08/15/2012 9:35 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt

Yeah, we've REALLY sidetracked THIS puppy now, eh Mac!

Saaaay, watch now how I'll use the topic of "Herman's Hermits" to segue BACK on topic here....

Mr.Brown you've GOT a lovely gun there
But please don't shoot me
your daughter's just a friend

I know she's pregnant(AHHH ah)
But it wasn't me(AHHH ah)
It was that dirty bloke
who's hidin' behind that tree

Mr.Brown you've GOT a lovely gun there (lovely GUN THERE)

Mr.Brown you've GOT a lovely gun there

(...lets see if this'll get this baby back on track now, eh Mac!)

Dwight #497969 08/15/2012 10:51 PM
Oil Expert
Oil Expert
How about 'alright'? Nope. It's 'all right' just like 'all wrong'.

Smokey3214 #497970 08/15/2012 10:56 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
An OT topic in an OT forum went OT...what is this world coming to...

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard