Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: WTF is going on in London?
Dwight #458482 08/10/2011 5:53 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Quote:

Ya know, there's a member around here who once called me a "condescending dickhead" in one of the threads

I don't remember saying that out loud!

I learned all I need to know about life by killing smart people and eating their brains.
Eat right ,Exercise ,Stay fit, Die Anyway!
stevieB #458483 08/10/2011 5:54 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

come on now, you voted no didnt you Bedouin?

Nope, wasn't me as I don't participate in his soul massage and self-importance and here's why;

He already knows he will not be asked to leave, just wants to hear it so he can use it later (and sneer).

It's also a crappy dilemna to put on people plus it's potentially divisive/distruptive.

No one knows who votes so how is this a dilemna?

You are just worried that it will be brought to light that most people have a sense of humour and that only a few will vote to get rid of meinstigate nothing for no particular reason.

I will not use this info later and sneer. Geez you really dont know me at all. I just do not stay where I am not wanted so please get off my back and put your vote where your mouth is. Now is your chance buddy to get rid of me.

If you don't mind, I was answering brokenfixed's question.
This thread just can't continue being about you and how important you think you are or whether you think I or anyone else has a sense of humour.

Stick to the "pole" thread.

Bedouin. Blessed are those eyes that have seen more roads than any man! (Homer).
stevieB #458484 08/10/2011 5:57 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
I didn't, nor will I, vote. I don't feel it up to me one way or the other and unless everyone votes the results will be skewed anyway to those with a strong opinion and the more negative opinion will be the more driving in most cases.

I learned all I need to know about life by killing smart people and eating their brains.
The_Dog33 #458485 08/10/2011 5:59 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
Quote:

I didn't, nor will I, vote. I don't feel it up to me one way or the other and unless everyone votes the results will be skewed anyway to those with a strong opinion and the more negative opinion will be the more driving in most cases.

Well said Ian.
He's just looking for attention anyway.

Bedouin. Blessed are those eyes that have seen more roads than any man! (Homer).
Dwight #458486 08/10/2011 6:08 PM
Adjunct
Adjunct
Quote:

Quote:

Ya know, there's a member around here who once called me a "condescending dickhead" in one of the threads, but I still offer up a Happy Birthday salutation to the guy when his day rolls around. And so, I guess the point here is that maybe you should try to keep from holding a grudge, but still feel free to be yourself and still joke around when ya feel like it.

At least that's what THIS "Condescending Dickhead" HERE as always done, anyway!!!

Well put as ever sir (knighted already) although the epidermis of a rhino and a sence of perspective is handy when someone refers to you as a dickhead or other impressive label.

One day as a tiger is worth a thousand as a sheep
Dwight #458487 08/10/2011 6:11 PM
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks guys but now I need to know. I don't want to be in here second guessing myself that I am annoying everyone by adding my sense of humour. I seriously mean no harm and anyone who knows me will vouch for that. Maybe it is the aussie sense of humour thing but its bugging me now. I know you can't please everyone. If by adding my input upsets even a few than maybe I should just not join in. Maybe I should start a seperate thread with a pole, in or out. Let the majority decide. If I'm in then you are stuck with me. What do you say FJ?

Well Steve, truth be known, in that other thread in question here, you probably just beat me out by about a few hours on sayin' somethin' like that "Tanzinia" thing in it!

(though I'D have spelled it correctly..."Tanzania"!!!)

Point being, yeah, most likely Ron would've given me a pass on that because he and I have known each other for years, and he's been to my house in Prescott a couple of times too.

And yeah, I'd say he came down on ya a little too hard in that thread. And I can kinda see why you're a still a little upset about it.

Ya know, there's a member around here who once called me a "condescending dickhead" in one of the threads, but I still offer up a Happy Birthday salutation to the guy when his day rolls around. And so, I guess the point here is that maybe you should try to keep from holding a grudge, but still feel free to be yourself and still joke around when ya feel like it.

At least that's what THIS "Condescending Dickhead" HERE as always done, anyway!!!

(...oh, and no, I don't think you being an Aussie has anything at all to do with this)

Yes Dwight I am reading it and I am hearing you but we are all different. I have tried that method already and it has led me here. Everytime I say something it opens another door to an attack. As this probally will too. Maybe I'm lookin for negative votes here so I feel better about leavin. Maybe I am massaging my soul because it has been ripped apart so many times. What I do see is other people add their humour and it is accepted but for some reason I get singled out. Maybe I'm not funny. Maybe I'm an easy target cause they will never meet me anyway.

The point is I don't deserve this and life is hard enough. I ride a Triumph and maybe thats all I have in common. I think having a laugh is important. I do however never laugh at someone because it would be disrespectful. I respect every human being but unfortunately sometimes they do not return it. Anyway I'm getting off track.

Recent comments hurt me. So there you go Saxtron you win. I can't even remember what Bedoudin's problem was but something to do with rice I think. I guess maybe I want everyone to know why I have left but a positive pole result would make me stay.

I think I am all out of smiley faces.

stevieB #458488 08/10/2011 6:16 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Thing is Steve, you have the option to ignore anyone who you don't want to read. I did that with 1 person in the time I have been here. I may have had to do that more often if I ever annoyed anyone but I know that could never happen with my easy going personality coupled with the fact I am not opinionated at all.How could I possibly ever have had any conflict with anyone around here!

stevieB #458489 08/10/2011 6:30 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
Quote:

What I do see is other people add their humour and it is accepted but for some reason I get singled out. ... I think having a laugh is important.

This is why you got singled out (see paragraph below)... NOTHING to do with humour or having a laugh.
You have already admitted it was about taking a shot at Satxron (which was pretty obvious to me), whom you consequently called an idiot.

""You need to be careful with jokes in here Mate as they can be taken the wrong way and you could be subjected to a verbal assault by a he-man in his pyjamas hiding behind his computer in a distant land. "".

This had no place on this thread, just you venting and taking cheap shots at people (Satxron in this case).
You are also running a poll which sort of appears to be either me or you.
Quit flucking around and grow up.

The_Dog33 #458490 08/10/2011 6:32 PM
"Lighten up, Francis."
OP Offline
"Lighten up, Francis."
Quote:

It was a reference to John making the statement about my being the Spinx, the riddle of the Spinx and the answer is man. When we are born (morning of our lives) we crawl on all 4, in the afternoon (mid life) we walk on 2 legs, in the evening (end of life) we walk with the aid of a cane or 3 legs.

I was referring more to the Mystery Men character.

"You must be like the wolf pack... not like the six-pack."
"You must lash out with every limb, like the octopus who plays the drums."
"Learn to hide your strikes from your opponent and you'll more easily strike his hide."
"When you can balance a tack hammer on your head, you will head off your foes with a balanced attack."
"He who questions training only trains himself at asking questions."
"When you doubt your powers, you give power to your doubts."

Mr. Furious: Okay. Am I the only one who finds these sayings just a bit formulaic? "If you wanna put something down, you gotta pick it up". "If you wanna go left, you gotta go right". It's...
Sphinx: Your temper is very quick, my friend. But until you learn to master your rage —
Mr. Furious: Your rage will become your master? [The Sphinx freezes, caught] That's what you were gonna say, right? Right?
Sphinx: ... Not necessarily.

BA.com Caretaker | Friarsride | jb.com
Re: WTF is going on in this thread?
FriarJohn #458491 08/10/2011 6:35 PM
Should be Riding
Should be Riding
Riots, anyone?

Always remember to be yourself. Unless you suck. Then pretend to be someone else.
FriarJohn #458492 08/10/2011 6:43 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Quote:

"If you wanna put something down, you gotta pick it up".

So if I wanna put Amy Fisher down I have to pick her up first?

The_Dog33 #458493 08/10/2011 6:46 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Damn! did someone derail this thread?

Bedouin #458494 08/10/2011 6:51 PM
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Quote:

Quote:

What I do see is other people add their humour and it is accepted but for some reason I get singled out. ... I think having a laugh is important.

This is why you got singled out (see paragraph below)... NOTHING to do with humour or having a laugh.
You have already admitted it was about taking a shot at Satxron (which was pretty obvious to me), whom you consequently called an idiot.

""You need to be careful with jokes in here Mate as they can be taken the wrong way and you could be subjected to a verbal assault by a he-man in his pyjamas hiding behind his computer in a distant land. "".

This had no place on this thread, just you venting and taking cheap shots at people (Satxron in this case).

This has nothing to do with you so get over yourself. I have every right to call saxtron an idiot and take a cheap shot. Everytime you bring it up you are reinforcing it. Do you even have any friends? Or is it just me that you are so unkind to? Who are you to tell me what thread I should put things in?

stevieB #458495 08/10/2011 6:59 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This has nothing to do with you so get over yourself. I have every right to call saxtron an idiot and take a cheap shot. Everytime you bring it up you are reinforcing it. Do you even have any friends? Or is it just me that you are so unkind to? Who are you to tell me what thread I should put things in?

You're losing it buddy.

Bedouin #458496 08/10/2011 7:04 PM
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
hehehe I lost it a long time ago.

stevieB #458497 08/10/2011 7:08 PM
Second Wind
Second Wind
Hijacked in only 18 pages great work. you'll never be a terrorist the plane will be landed and put into the hanger for repairs before you get out of your seat.

I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. Edgar Allan Poe
stevieB #458498 08/10/2011 7:14 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
Quote:

hehehe I lost it a long time ago.

Glad you seem to think it's funny.

roadworthy #458499 08/10/2011 7:16 PM
Adjunct
Adjunct
Quote:

Riots, anyone?

You think if we start one we could get this thread back on topic ?

KCMark #458500 08/10/2011 7:20 PM
New Tires
New Tires
Jayhawk, have we met before, like at Tanner's in Gladstone.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. H. L. Mencken
Bedouin #458501 08/10/2011 7:23 PM
Monkey Butt
Monkey Butt
Stevie, you have to think about when humor is appropriate. The thread you got yelled at by me was a thread started by a new user. He had a total of 8 post on this forum. He asked a very valid question expecting to get help.

Now, if he had a long time on, knew a lot of us, I would not have said a word. There was no place in that thread where your humor could be appreciated or understood by a new user.

Many of your jokes are not bad or in bad taste. They are in the wrong place. I jumped you on that thread for a few reasons.

1- to let the new member know we all don't tease folks that need help.

2- I was the best one to do it. I have been here since 2005 and everybody knows I could really care less what you think. I am just a general pain the ass.

3- Your timing on many other threads has simply sucked. This is a multinational board. There is not a single thing funny about the riots in the UK. Some members and members families may be in danger. It is not the time. I am sorry I am such a tight ass, that is just the way I am.

Bedouin and I have been around the block on several issues. We are generally able to bury the hatchet and maintain a mutual respect. I appreciate his support on this subject. We did discuss it on PMs where I expressed remorse for doing it but felt it may slow you down a bit.

I could care less about a poll. Many on this board know me personally. They know I don't type anything I don't say in person. So stop being a punk by calling me one. I am no different in person.

Like every other person I am not always right but I generally mean what I say.

Now look back over the pages of this post. You have successfully hijacked this thread and made it all about you. Because after all, it is always all about you isn't it?

I try to aggravate one person a day. Today may be your day.
satxron #458502 08/10/2011 7:33 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
I would hope no one on here says anything they wouldn't say in person, right or wrong.I know everything I say here I would say in person too, in fact I would, in most cases, go much farther in person than on here.

MACMC #458503 08/10/2011 7:36 PM
Adjunct
Adjunct
Quote:

Jayhawk, have we met before, like at Tanner's in Gladstone.

PM sent

KCMark #458504 08/10/2011 7:41 PM
Monkey Butt
Monkey Butt
Dog, that was in response to hiding behind a keyboard on another continent.

satxron #458505 08/10/2011 7:46 PM
Second Wind
Second Wind
I say all kinds of things all the time, in person and online. I have even gone to far once or twice, and not far enough some times too.

I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. Edgar Allan Poe
satxron #458506 08/10/2011 7:47 PM
Adjunct
Adjunct
Something about Riots I guess. I don't know just skip to the last just read a couple here and there so really I don't know. but WOW if I find some time I'll read more!!

Are we there YET? I gotta go pee!! 08 SpeedMASTER, Black and Red!
JasonSonOfEd #458507 08/10/2011 7:49 PM
Adjunct
Adjunct
Can we say STOP typing and go ride maybe ?

Are we there YET? I gotta go pee!! 08 SpeedMASTER, Black and Red!
satxron #458508 08/10/2011 7:51 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Quote:

Dog, that was in response to hiding behind a keyboard on another continent.

I know Ron but what I said still holds true, I would hope if it is being said here it would be said in person too and if not in person then not here either no matter the actual distance.

The_Dog33 #458509 08/10/2011 8:57 PM
Adjunct
Adjunct
Riots have started north of the border now.

Riots

Bodger #458510 08/10/2011 9:01 PM
Second Wind
Second Wind
I seems that the police are impotent in dealing with the problem so of coarse its gonna spread. However I heard on the news this morning that the civilians have been buying up baseball bats ( they can't buy guns) presumably to protect themselves and their property.

StandingBull #458511 08/10/2011 9:07 PM
Monkey Butt
Monkey Butt
It was heartening to see the news today where they were chasing the looters down the streets. Good for them! They have the absolute right to protect their homes, business, and family members.

satxron #458512 08/10/2011 9:17 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Knives and guns are outlawed next you are going to need a permit to own a baseball bat.

The_Dog33 #458513 08/10/2011 9:27 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Yeah, well, I've only got two questions here:

(1) Why would there be baseball bats in England? They're much more into sports where ya can't use your hands, aren't they?

(2) IF I'm wrong about the Brits and they DO in fact play baseball, then when the batter hits the ball over there, does he run down what would normally be the 3rd base line and then circle the bases in a clockwise fashion?

(...hey, I'm just tryin' to get a handle on this, THAT'S all!!!)

Yep! Just like a good Single Malt Scotch, you might call me "an acquired taste" TOO.(among the many OTHER things you may care to call me, of course)
Dwight #458514 08/10/2011 9:36 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
I thought the bat was flat and had something to do with a wicket.

Dwight #458515 08/10/2011 9:36 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
OH! And I've got one more question here:

(3) Do they perhaps use, say, "Manchester Sluggers" or say "Birmingham "Sluggers" or even perhaps "Stratford-upon-Avon Sluggers" instead of "Louisville Sluggers" over there???

(...question 3 here is, of course, all predicated on the idea that the Brits actually do play baseball...though I think some soccer lovin' ex-pat Brit around here once told me that they call it "Rounders" or somethin' like that over there!)

Yep! Just like a good Single Malt Scotch, you might call me "an acquired taste" TOO.(among the many OTHER things you may care to call me, of course)
stevieB #458516 08/10/2011 10:18 PM
"Lighten up, Francis."
OP Offline
"Lighten up, Francis."
Quote:

I have every right to call saxtron an idiot and take a cheap shot.

Actually, you don't. We don't have free speech here. It's a benevolent dictatorship (or oligarchy, depending on how you look at it). Harassment in the form of personal insults is not allowed. If you feel someone 'did it to you first' and I missed it, let me know and appropriate action will be taken. Firing back like a petulant child is not okay. We're adults, but every once in a while the good natured ribbing goes too far and someone gets all butt-hurt. I would ask that you not leave; I think the 'smells like rice' joke is effed out, but that doesn't mean it hasn't made me laugh on occasion.

FriarJohn #458517 08/10/2011 10:46 PM
Second Wind
Second Wind
news said baseball bats, but it could be cricket bats. Those things would hurt to be hit with flat side and an edge side.

StandingBull #458518 08/10/2011 10:47 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Quote:

news said baseball bats, but it could be cricket bats. Those things would hurt to be hit with flat side and an edge side.

So you saying they would hurt to get hit with in general?

StandingBull #458519 08/10/2011 10:48 PM
Second Wind
Second Wind
John, you are always the voice of reason.

StandingBull #458520 08/10/2011 10:57 PM
"Lighten up, Francis."
OP Offline
"Lighten up, Francis."
That's why they pay me the big bux. And by bux I mean air.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard