Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: WTF is going on in London?
stevieB #458442 08/10/2011 3:59 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Quote:

Quote:

Guys that was a joke, maybe not to funny.

You need to be careful with jokes in here Mate as they can be taken the wrong way and you could be subjected to a verbal assault by a he-man in his pyjamas hiding behind his computer in a distant land.

I have you KNOW, kind sir, that my attire whenever my butt is parked behind this here keyboard consists of EITHER "Tightie Whities" OR, if I feel a little extra snazzy that day, a pair of LEVIS and maybe an officially-licensed Triumph T-Shirt, OR MAYBE one of the myriad Southwest Triumph Fest T-shirts I have sittin' around this place!!!

(...BUT there are NO "pajamas" to found ANYWHERE in MY wardrobe, sir!)

Yep! Just like a good Single Malt Scotch, you might call me "an acquired taste" TOO.(among the many OTHER things you may care to call me, of course)
StandingBull #458443 08/10/2011 4:00 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
lets face it folks, the the people of the world are pissed. between the radical religions and the politicians i dont know which is worst. but i do know that the people of the world have taken just about all that they are gonna take. so the politicians had better take heed!!! people just want to be left alone and left in PEACE!!!! I DONT WANT A PICKLE, JUST WANNA RIDE MY MOTORSYCLE

ENJOY!!!!! NEWT!!!!!
The_Dog33 #458444 08/10/2011 4:02 PM
Second Wind
Second Wind
Quote:

I only have a sticker on the front of my helmet that says that but there is a lot of truth in that sticker!

By the way , what walks of 4 legs in the morning, 2 legs in the afternoon , and 3 legs in the evening?

A guy who drank too much the night before, then stared drinking again after work.

I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. Edgar Allan Poe
Dwight #458445 08/10/2011 4:10 PM
Second Wind
Second Wind
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You need to be careful with jokes in here Mate as they can be taken the wrong way and you could be subjected to a verbal assault by a he-man in his pyjamas hiding behind his computer in a distant land.

I have you KNOW, kind sir, that my attire whenever my butt is parked behind this here keyboard consists of EITHER "Tightie Whities" OR, if I feel a little extra snazzy that day, a pair of LEVIS and maybe an officially-licensed Triumph T-Shirt, OR MAYBE one of the myriad Southwest Triumph Fest T-shirts I have sittin' around this place!!!

At least your not in a diaper, putting on lipstick, and pulling your choke collar. While typing.

I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. Edgar Allan Poe
FriarJohn #458446 08/10/2011 4:11 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Quote:

Quote:

is the answer on your helmet?

!

Yep, good one, Tom!!!

Yep! Just like a good Single Malt Scotch, you might call me "an acquired taste" TOO.(among the many OTHER things you may care to call me, of course)
StandingBull #458447 08/10/2011 4:16 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

At least your not in a diaper, putting on lipstick, and pulling your choke collar. While typing.

Oh well, I reserve THAT for Thursday nights ONLY, Chad!

(...I mean haven't you ever noticed how much more my prose "sparkles" on those particular evenings???)

stevieB #458448 08/10/2011 4:17 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
Quote:

You need to be careful with jokes in here Mate as they can be taken the wrong way and you could be subjected to a verbal assault

I don't think Loco got verbally assaulted (or even near to it) by anyone so am wondering why you are mentioning this now.
I for one didn't even know whose post he was referring to which is why I asked.
I've been around here for 8 years now and have never felt I need to be careful with jokes.

If it's Satxron you are taking a shot at for recently giving you a piece of his mind about your jokes on a thread where someone is seriously looking for information ... then it's a cheap shot.

Some IN HERE, as you say, happened to agree with him regarding that thread.

Bedouin. Blessed are those eyes that have seen more roads than any man! (Homer).
Dwight #458449 08/10/2011 4:19 PM
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I was not referring to you young man as you are a gentleman and not a scallywag.

Bedouin #458450 08/10/2011 4:21 PM
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Quote:

Quote:

You need to be careful with jokes in here Mate as they can be taken the wrong way and you could be subjected to a verbal assault

I don't think Loco got verbally assaulted (or even near to it) by anyone so am wondering why you are mentioning this now.
I for one didn't even know whose post he was referring to which is why I asked.
I've been around here for 8 years now and have never felt I need to be careful with jokes.

If it's Satxron you are taking a shot at for recently giving you a piece of his mind about your jokes on a thread where someone is seriously looking for information ... then it's a cheap shot.

Some IN HERE, as you say, happened to agree with him regarding that thread.

seriously??? Well stand up and be counted then. You are obviously one. Anyone else have a problem with me?

stevieB #458451 08/10/2011 4:26 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
Nobody's gonna waste their time.
Still a cheap shot.

Bedouin. Blessed are those eyes that have seen more roads than any man! (Homer).
stevieB #458452 08/10/2011 4:27 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
"A GENTLEMAN"???!!!

Okay, NOW you've REALLY got my dander up here, DUDE!!!!

AND, if this here choke collar wasn't restricting the airflow into my lungs right now, then I'd REALLY tell ya what I think of you!!!

(...yeah, that's right, Chad...the choke collar DOES occasional get to come out on Wednesday afternoons too...but NOT the diaper and lipstick...THOSE are still just exclusively for "Thursday Night Fun Night"...JUST, so ya know!)

Bedouin #458453 08/10/2011 4:27 PM
"Lighten up, Francis."
OP Offline
"Lighten up, Francis."
Quote:

No, it's the Aussies. Their collective sense of humor is whacked.

BA.com Caretaker | Friarsride | jb.com
stevieB #458454 08/10/2011 4:29 PM
Second Wind
Second Wind
Dwight is a first rate curmudgeon, that's what I like about him. But when he assails you verbally its at least informative from the perspective of a obscure reference.

StandingBull #458455 08/10/2011 4:31 PM
Second Wind
Second Wind
I like Aussie humor so much I joined an Aussie biker forum.

StandingBull #458456 08/10/2011 4:31 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
Quote:

Dwight is a first rate curmudgeon, that's what I like about him. But when he assails you verbally its at least informative from the perspective of a obscure reference.

Good man Loco, I like your style.

Last edited by Bedouin; 08/10/2011 4:33 PM.

FriarJohn #458457 08/10/2011 4:32 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Yep Thanassis! John's suuuure right about that.

You will NEVER see ANY good ol' YANK with any kind of whacked sense o' humor, boy!

(...yep, you can take my word for that, alright!)

Bedouin #458458 08/10/2011 4:35 PM
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Quote:

Nobody's gonna waste their time.
Still a cheap shot.

You have had a problem with me for some time so it is not suprising that you would align yourself with that idiot. I think I have a right to call him that after what he called me by the way. The person who started that particular thread had no issues with me and actually thought my comment was funny.

You want me to go then now is the time people, tell me to go.

All I have ever done on this forum is try to brighten up some lives with a bit of humour. For some reason you dont like me and neither does your saxtron mate. If I am pissing off a whole bunch of people than I will leave, simple.

StandingBull #458459 08/10/2011 4:39 PM
"Lighten up, Francis."
OP Offline
"Lighten up, Francis."
Quote:

I like Aussie humor so much I joined an Aussie biker forum.

That actually makes a lot of sense.

BA.com Caretaker | Friarsride | jb.com
stevieB #458460 08/10/2011 4:40 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
at the risk of sounding like a 13 year old girl

which thread is this?

I need to make my judgements and pick sides right away!

StandingBull #458461 08/10/2011 4:41 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Quote:

Okay, "Curmudgeon" I'll GLADLY accept, Chad!

However, while you're on that Aussie website, do me a favor will ya?! Tell that darn Steve down there to NEVER call me that "Gentleman" thing again, OKAY?! 'Cause THAT kinda thing could end up RUINING this reputation which I've so painstakingly cultivated these last 8 years at BA.com!

(...thanks in advance)

brokenfixed #458462 08/10/2011 4:43 PM
Learned Hand
Learned Hand

stevieB #458463 08/10/2011 4:47 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
Quote:

so it is not suprising that you would align yourself with that idiot.

You know, I've crossed swords with Satxron several times but never, ever, has it crossed my mind that the man's an idiot. Quite the contrary in fact.

Could it be that you feel this way because he appeared to make you look like a moron?

Still a cheap shot indirectly (and now directly) mentioning that incident here on this thread.

Last edited by Bedouin; 08/10/2011 4:49 PM.

brokenfixed #458464 08/10/2011 4:47 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Quote:

at the risk of sounding like a 13 year old girl

which thread is this?

I need to make my judgements and pick sides right away!

Well Tom, you friggin' puppy...seein' as how you're MUCH too young to be a "Curmudgeon", DON'T come walkin'(and I said "walkin'" NOT "Walken" here, btw) over to THIS side!!!!

Bedouin #458465 08/10/2011 4:49 PM
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Quote:

Quote:

You know, I've crossed swords with Satxron several times but never, ever, has it crossed my mind that the man's an idiot. Quite the contrary in fact.

Could it be that you feel this way because he appeared to make you look like a moron?

Still a cheap shot indirectly mentioning that incident here on this thread.

He made himself look like a moron for behaving that way. For that he is an idiot.

stevieB #458466 08/10/2011 4:49 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
haha....the verdict is in Stevie....

YOU CAN STAY!

Yeah seems like saxtron was a little tempered that day, I dont know what Bedouin's talking about really.

If we're laying it all out on the table, your rice jokes get a bit annoying sometimes. As a sushi eater I sometimes get offended personally by these attacks.

stevieB #458467 08/10/2011 4:52 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Still a cheap shot indirectly mentioning that incident here on this thread.

He made himself look like a moron for behaving that way. For that he is an idiot.

Ya know Steve, even a "Curmudgeon" knows when a "Gentleman" should put a lid on it.

Dwight #458468 08/10/2011 4:58 PM
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Thanks guys but now I need to know. I don't want to be in here second guessing myself that I am annoying everyone by adding my sense of humour. I seriously mean no harm and anyone who knows me will vouch for that. Maybe it is the aussie sense of humour thing but its bugging me now. I know you can't please everyone. If by adding my input upsets even a few than maybe I should just not join in. Maybe I should start a seperate thread with a pole, in or out. Let the majority decide. If I'm in then you are stuck with me. What do you say FJ?

stevieB #458469 08/10/2011 5:01 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
dude, all you did was type the word "tanzania"

I mean i dont like the place either, but JEASE!

brokenfixed #458470 08/10/2011 5:03 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
on the other hand a poll would be entertaining

stevieB #458471 08/10/2011 5:03 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Why ask? Stay if you want, go if you want, as long as no one is throwing you out then you haven't done anything terrible. Shouldn't 2nd guess yourself either, if you think it is appropriate and funny then have at it, not all will like it but not all will hate it either. I think Ron reacted a little strong but then again it is no reason to call him an idiot. We should all take a breather and just start again from an even keel.

I learned all I need to know about life by killing smart people and eating their brains.
Eat right ,Exercise ,Stay fit, Die Anyway!
brokenfixed #458472 08/10/2011 5:03 PM
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Too late now I have started a pole. I need to know.

The_Dog33 #458473 08/10/2011 5:04 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
Ian you left me hanging on that joke

brokenfixed #458474 08/10/2011 5:07 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
It was a reference to John making the statement about my being the Spinx, the riddle of the Spinx and the answer is man. When we are born (morning of our lives) we crawl on all 4, in the afternoon (mid life) we walk on 2 legs, in the evening (end of life) we walk with the aid of a cane or 3 legs.

I learned all I need to know about life by killing smart people and eating their brains.
Eat right ,Exercise ,Stay fit, Die Anyway!
The_Dog33 #458475 08/10/2011 5:08 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
oh..haha

stevieB #458476 08/10/2011 5:13 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
Quote:

Too late now I have started a pole.

I sincerely hope you don't intend to ram that anywhere.

OH ... you mean a poll.
Unless you just need an ego massage, your'e placing a lot of importance on yourself here pal.
Just take Ian's and Brokenfixed's advice and do your thing (and stop calling people idiots ).

Bedouin #458477 08/10/2011 5:14 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
come on now, you voted no didnt you Bedouin?

stevieB #458478 08/10/2011 5:16 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Quote:

Thanks guys but now I need to know. I don't want to be in here second guessing myself that I am annoying everyone by adding my sense of humour. I seriously mean no harm and anyone who knows me will vouch for that. Maybe it is the aussie sense of humour thing but its bugging me now. I know you can't please everyone. If by adding my input upsets even a few than maybe I should just not join in. Maybe I should start a seperate thread with a pole, in or out. Let the majority decide. If I'm in then you are stuck with me. What do you say FJ?

Well Steve, truth be known, in that other thread in question here, you probably just beat me out by about a few hours on sayin' somethin' like that "Tanzinia" thing in it!

(though I'D have spelled it correctly..."Tanzania"!!!)

Point being, yeah, most likely Ron would've given me a pass on that because he and I have known each other for years, and he's been to my house in Prescott a couple of times too.

And yeah, I'd say he came down on ya a little too hard in that thread. And I can kinda see why you're a still a little upset about it.

Ya know, there's a member around here who once called me a "condescending dickhead" in one of the threads, but I still offer up a Happy Birthday salutation to the guy when his day rolls around. And so, I guess the point here is that maybe you should try to keep from holding a grudge, but still feel free to be yourself and still joke around when ya feel like it.

At least that's what THIS "Condescending Dickhead" HERE as always done, anyway!!!

(...oh, and no, I don't think you being an Aussie has anything at all to do with this)

brokenfixed #458479 08/10/2011 5:31 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
Quote:

Nope, wasn't me as I don't participate in his soul massage and self-importance and here's why;

He already knows he will not be asked to leave, just wants to hear it so he can use it later (and sneer).

It's also a crappy dilemna to put on people plus it's potentially divisive/distruptive.

Bedouin #458480 08/10/2011 5:42 PM
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Quote:

Quote:

Nope, wasn't me as I don't participate in his soul massage and self-importance and here's why;

He already knows he will not be asked to leave, just wants to hear it so he can use it later (and sneer).

It's also a crappy dilemna to put on people plus it's potentially divisive/distruptive.

No one knows who votes so how is this a dilemna?

You are just worried that it will be brought to light that most people have a sense of humour and that only a few will vote to get rid of me.

I will not use this info later and sneer. Geez you really dont know me at all. I just do not stay where I am not wanted so please get off my back and put your vote where your mouth is. Now is your chance buddy to get rid of me.

stevieB #458481 08/10/2011 5:51 PM
New Tires
New Tires
Quote:

I'm not taking sides, but I have to agree with Dwight here. Of course Dwight and I don't live in a country with a AAA credit rating , so what do we know? I remember the said thread and remember wondering why some got their panties in a wad. A poll would be meaningless, you decide to stay or go, like the rest of us. I prefer you stay, but it's not my call. You should learn to handle criticism like me , I ignore it. Everyone's humor is different, some dry, flippant, boring, etc. and to some offensive. So what! I've never seen anyone on this forum use humor with the intent to do harm. So let sleeping dogs lye.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. H. L. Mencken
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard