Next Thread
Print Thread
Joke of the day Got to love Harley riders
#434362 03/19/2011 10:25 AM
durty Offline OP
Adjunct
OP Offline
Adjunct
A cop stops a Harley for traveling faster than the posted speed limit, so he asks the biker his name.

'Fred,' he replies.

'Fred what?' the officer asks.

'Just Fred,' the man responds.

The officer is in a good mood and thinks he might just give the biker a break and, write him out a warning instead of a ticket. The officer then presses him for the last name.

The man tells him that he used to have a last name but lost it. The officer thinks that he has a nut case on his hands but plays along with it. 'Tell me, Fred, how did you lose your last name?'

The biker replies, 'It's a long story, so stay with me.' I was born Fred Johnson. I studied hard and got good grades.

When I got older, I realized that I wanted to be a doctor. I went through college, medical school, internship, residency, and finally got my degree, so I was Fred Johnson, MD. After a while I got bored being a doctor, so I decided to go back to school.

Dentistry was my dream! Got all the way through School, got my degree, so then I was Fred Johnson, MD, DDS.

Got bored doing dentistry, so I started fooling around with my assistant and she gave me VD, so now I was Fred Johnson, MD, DDS, with VD.

Well, the ADA found out about the VD, so they took away my DDS.

Then I was Fred Johnson, MD, with VD. Then the AMA found out about the ADA taking away my DDS because of the VD, so they took away my MD leaving me as Fred Johnson with VD.

Then the VD took away my Johnson, so now I am Just Fred.'

The officer walked away in tears, laughing

I cried because I could wheelie then I met someone without a motorcycle
Re: Joke of the day Got to love Harley riders
durty #434363 03/19/2011 11:59 AM
"Lighten up, Francis."
"Lighten up, Francis."
That's funny but what does it have to do with Harley riders? Are you saying they're dickless?

BA.com Caretaker | Friarsride | jb.com
durty #434364 03/19/2011 4:30 PM
I heard that a while back and it wasn't a Harley rider (I forget what it was but it could have been anything) but the rest of the joke was the same.
Ken

KRyder #434365 03/19/2011 5:32 PM
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
too many letters, my brain hurts.

stevieB #434366 03/20/2011 10:13 AM
Adjunct
Adjunct
Here is an old joke you may or may not have heard.
a bit of back ground first , I used to own an 1980 model Harley when the company was owned by AMF.

A biker on a Harley pulls up at the lights next to a guy on a BMW and looks over and asks "What does BMW stand for"
the BM rider quickly responds "Best Mototcycle in the World"
Then he asks "What does AMF stand for"
The Harley rider flips him the finger and just before he roars off says " Adios Mother F**ker"

Silky #434367 03/20/2011 11:05 AM
"Lighten up, Francis."
"Lighten up, Francis."
Given that the AMF years were the crappiest I don't know how funny that is. Maybe he was saying adios as the beemer whisked off (they don't exactly roar) and the AMF failed to start.

BA.com Caretaker | Friarsride | jb.com
FriarJohn #434368 03/20/2011 11:13 AM
Ryk Offline
Check Pants
Check Pants
I owned one Harley in my life, a brand new '75 AMF bagger

(what a POS), after 3 months, I traded for a '76 750 Tiger

FriarJohn #434369 03/20/2011 4:59 PM
Bar Shake
Bar Shake
Quote:

That's funny but what does it have to do with Harley riders? Are you saying they're dickless?

Yeah really. Especially since it starts with an impossible premise.

Contra todo mal, mezcal; contra todo bien, tambiƩn
Ryk #434370 03/20/2011 8:04 PM
Old Hand
Old Hand
I had a '76 AMF XLCH. Put some 300K miles on it with a topend rebuild every 90K or so.

Let's hope there's intelligent life somewhere in space 'cause it's buggar all down here. -- Monte Python
Greybeard #434371 03/20/2011 9:16 PM
Adjunct
Adjunct
After telling that joke to a Cagiva owner at a Ducati rally I had the guy turn around and try and tell me AMF stood for Aeromachi Manurfacturing Federation or some such dribble.
He was pissed and in love with all things Italian so I just said "Well you learn something everyday"
When I got home I Googled up AMF which I believed stood for American Machine & Foundery anyway I knew that they made bowling balls but it spun me out to find out they where part of a deal which sold Pakistan it's first Nuclear Reactor and had builld the silos for Titan intercontinental balistic missiles and the launch systems for Minute Man missiles so you can understand the irony of saying that AMF bikes were boms and went like rockets

Greybeard #434372 03/21/2011 4:32 AM
Worn Saddle
Worn Saddle
Quote:

I had a '76 AMF XLCH. Put some 300K miles on it with a topend rebuild every 90K or so.

I owned a 72 Glide one summer. Cool lookin, old school bike. I liked it, but it used a lot of both oil and gas. Low power. Didn't matter, it was cool and I enjoyed it. I think that AMF being blamed for poor quality is wrong. They didn't come into the business and cheapen the quality of the bikes to make extra money, as is assumed. The Harleys of this time period were already ancient in mechanical design and the quality of the parts was already there. Just my opinion. Anybody want to straiten me out with some facts, go ahead.

Fidelis et Fortis
arstaren #434373 03/21/2011 12:52 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
AMF put out a lot of money for R&D for the evo engine and then willie and the boys bought the co back and went public and the evo was born, like they had something to do with it, but like i said it was amf $$. they worked with what they had which was antique design and actually brought the next generation of hd motors to the table. i know a lot of guys still rideing around on their shovelheads and wouldnt trade them for nothing, of course they rebuild them every yr but they will probably own them for the rest of their lives

ENJOY!!!!! NEWT!!!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard