by Feral, November 28
GaRally22
GaRally22
by chy, September 18
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Who are you, Why do you live where you live?
HabuBA #431528 03/19/2012 4:27 PM
Adjunct
Adjunct
Pics like that remind me that I refuse to die here in Pennsylvania near a big city!

02 TBA Cardinal Red/Black
059ha #431529 03/21/2012 11:06 PM
My name is Aaron. I grew up in a small town in NY (Savona). Had to get out of dodge so I joined the Navy. Spent 14 yrs active duty and finally got tired of all the crap. Got out in San Diego and started working as a contractor. 8 years later I went back to the civil service and that's where I'm at now. 14 yrs active 4 years civil service = 14 more years til I can retire and hopefully get the heck out of San Diego (I hate it here) and maybe back to a little town in NY. I'm only here for the work.

The first bike I learned to ride was a 72 Bonny. So now I ride a 2004 America.

HabuBA #431530 03/23/2012 10:32 PM
Adjunct
Adjunct
Quote:

Great pics, especially the Ford tractor, I have two Ford 8Ns in the back yard.

Two Jubilees and a 2N in my back yard plus way too many other vehicles, but here's the America in Beaver last weekend where the pic of the Jag E-type was taken. Got to go back on the America when the flowers are blooming if the last flood didn't wipe them all out. Picture the bridge with water flowing over the deck and almost to the top of the street sign in the E pic and a hot tub against the upstream railing.

Phil in Northwest Arkansas 04 America, Black, Corbin seat, TORs, no AI, 34K
philwarner #431531 03/25/2012 3:28 AM
Hi my name is Peter and i grew up in Sweden.We moved to the country when i was 13 and got my first bike/moped 50cc german Puch.I learnt to drive a car at 14 on the lake (in winter luckily)First bike at 16 Honda 125 with legal drivers licence.When i turned 18 i bought a BMW 750 and fitted a nice little sidecar and went on a lot of bike meats in Sweden,Norway,Denmark,Germany and Holland.Riding a bloody sidecar is hard on the shoulders so i traded it for a brand new 1978 Honda Goldwing and that took me around Europe on two long holidays.I was working as a fitter and turner for Volvo Jetmotors and in 1981 a mate and i got the travelbug sold everything and went to Thailand and bummed around in Asia for 8 months then of to Australia got some work and traveled a bit.Met a girl got married worked on the railways in construction.Rode a sr 500 to work.Then back to Sweden for one year with 2 year old son and daughter born in Sweden back to Oz got a job with Johnson&Johnson as a fitter (hated it}inside a bloody factory.Rode a Honda 650 Dominator till kid no3 came along.Quit the job and started on my own as a handyman that was 1994 and im still doing that and love it.Bought a Yamaha XJR1300 in 2002 (they call them stump removers and i agree)some grunt.Did my back in last year and was stuck in bed for two weeks,Surfed the net and got on to the new bonneville site and started looking on other sites and got stuck on the America and also found this forum and saw all the bikes posted.So im laying in bed ordering parts from new bonneville and other places like Fast Eddy before i even had a bike.Then i found a bike on the net a 2002 america and bought it by only looking at the pics and it turned out to be a really nice bike with only 18000 ks on it .I know crazy hey?It took me about 6 months to strip,cut and respray.And im pretty happy with the result and love riding it all year round he he just love Oz.And thats all i have to say about that.
Cheers Peter

Re: Who are you, Why do you live where you live? *DELETED*
Blackwind #431532 03/29/2012 1:21 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Post deleted by FriarJohn

#431533 04/01/2012 6:26 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious

31 decades ago? You must have settled in by now then

Too old to die young, too ugly to leave a good looking corpse
brindle #431534 04/01/2012 6:32 PM
"Lighten up, Francis."
"Lighten up, Francis."
YOU NEED TO SEND ME A FRIGGIN PM OR AN EMAIL WHEN THE SPAM SHOWS UP! THIS MEANS EVERYBODY!

We (or I, since I do the cleanup) was lucky this time, he only got one post in.

Email is better; I respond to it much quicker. Or a Facebook message if we're friends on there.

BA.com Caretaker | Friarsride | jb.com
FriarJohn #431535 05/08/2012 9:53 AM
Complete Newb
Complete Newb
Hi all, my name is Hobe and this is my first post. I grew up in California and grew up riding dirt bikes. After high school I moved to Arkansas as I had family there. I met my wife, stayed, and the family moved off! I really came to visit but after seeing how beautiful the state was to an outdoor person, I stayed. That was in 1985.

I am a career cop and military reservist. After a trip to Fallujah my priorities changed a bit. Things that seemed important before all of a sudden were'nt. Enjoying life and mellowing a bit was what I needed, so I did.

At 20 I bought a 1978 KZ-1000, followed by several more Kawasaki street bikes. About 30 I sold the last Vulcan after deciding I might live longer on 4 wheels. I told my wife I would buy another after I grew up a little. Well, you know how that goes, career, kids, kids to college, deployments.

Last year I decided to start riding again. I did my homework and looked at everything. My wife asked my why I hadn't considered a Harley, considering how I felt about buying American whenever possible. She picked up a catalog and we bought a Heritage Classic. We put over 2500 miles on the bike in the first 2 months, most of it 2 up. She decided to take the MSF class and get her motorcycle license. We began the buying process all over. I didn't feel like the 883 was the bike that the Triumphs were. I also thought what else is out there with the history, heritage, and "it" factor of a Triumph. So we have a H-D and a Triumph!

A Harley Heritage, a Triumph America, a good Irish Whiskey and cigar. As close to Heaven on earth as I can get.
Hobe #431536 05/08/2012 8:16 PM
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Welcome Hobe!

2012 America
Hobe #431537 05/08/2012 11:34 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Welcome to the site, Hobe!

(...and thanks for your service!)

Yep! Just like a good Single Malt Scotch, you might call me "an acquired taste" TOO.(among the many OTHER things you may care to call me, of course)
Dwight #431538 05/14/2012 1:12 PM
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Hello all,
My name is Andrew and I am new to the site. As for my history... I was born and raised in San Antonio, TX and lived there until I enlisted in the Marine Corps at the age of 21 after some fun, if not successful, years in college at Texas Tech. My first duty station was in Hawaii and I did two deployments to Iraq with 1st Battalion 3rd Marines before lat moving to the intelligence field and being assigned to Camp Lejeune, NC. I recently returned from my last deployment to Afghanistan. I have a beautiful wife and a two year old girl named Madison. I wanted a motorcycle my whole life, but only recently pulled the trigger on my 2012 BA. So far I am loving the whole experience and BonnevilleAmerica.com has been an awesome source of information and I really look forward to meeting some of the other members whose posts have been helpful and at times hilarous. So, who am I? An excited "newbie" :-). Why do I live where I live? Because I have been told to :-)

2012 America
Andrew2012 #431539 05/14/2012 1:23 PM
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Welcome, Andrew and thank you for your service. There's a ton of great people here, like you said with a lot of great info and even more great laughs. It's kinda like family 'round here.

Leithal #431540 05/25/2012 10:35 PM
Complete Newb
Complete Newb
New to this forum, living and working in Rockford, IL. Born and raised in Brooklyn, NY, then left for military service and never went back. I've lived in Texas, Maryland, New York, Wisconsin, Heidelberg Germany, and survived a year in the lovely Republic of Vietnam. Will probably retire within the year and then hope to leave the awful state of Illinois, but no idea where I will go. Been riding for 30+ years and currently on a 2011 America. I came here to Rockford 16 years ago for a job, and that's the only thing holding me here.

Vito #431541 05/25/2012 11:07 PM
Bar Shake
Bar Shake
Welcome David. Where ever you end up, you'll likely find some members of this forum within riding distance.

Contra todo mal, mezcal; contra todo bien, también
Blackwind #431542 05/28/2012 1:17 AM
Complete Newb
Complete Newb
I'm a Spanish born who came to Australia when I was two years old.
Lived here all my life since. (48 now).
Have been riding bikes since I was 13 years old illegally until I was licensed.
I've had all sorts of jap bikes up until I bought my first triumph in 07
Sprint st 1050.
Broke the sub frame while out riding with a mate and traded her in due to the fact that it was going to take too long to get new parts in under warranty.
Bought a rocket 3 to replace her and loved it but something was still missing so I bought a Daytona 900 second hand which I rode around for a year but still ..... Something was missing so I sold her and bought a Daytona 955 I but something was missing so I sold her and bought a thruxton 900 efi ,had her for a year but still something was missing so, I sold her and bought avgt sprint 1050 but still something was missing , finally I realized something .... I saw the light ! I went down to the dealer again, as he rolled his eyes and said " now what? " I said I think I might like a speedmaster. He said I have just the bike you might like and showed me my 09 speedmaster.
It was love at first site. I had a huge lump in my throat so I took her out for a run and after 30 k's I turned around took her back and bought her.
I love my rocket and will never part with her , I also love my speedie and will never part with here either ,
I think what I was looking for was not speed or trying to get the knee down through the twisties it was just that enjoyment of riding a fine machine that med me feel part of her.
So her I am two bikes in the shed and an understanding wife that was on my side the whole time.
Who can complain about that ?

Anyway guys , ride safe

Cheers

Matador

I know why a dog hangs he's head out the car window
Matador #431543 05/28/2012 7:57 AM
Oil Expert
Oil Expert
Hi Paul and welcome to the forum. Great group of people here and it's simply the best triumph forum. Very little bullsh1t and plenty of friendly helpful people.

I am staggered by how many triumphs you have owned and we understand why you finally found the right bike in your speedy. Not too big, not too small, but just right. And if I didn't totally believe that myself I would have thought you were using your Spanish charm to win us over.

I bet that line ... "Still something missing" worked great with the ladies!

Whereabouts in Oz do you live?

Cheers, Richard
~~~~~~~~~~~~
09 America, Staintune Pipes, K&N, Breathe, Hagon Nitros, AI & O2 removed, tune 20184 (modified), MTX-L a/f gauge
foglefar #431544 05/28/2012 9:03 AM
Oil Expert
Oil Expert
Welcome aboard, Paul. I've also owned a bunch of bikes in 40 years of riding before I found the right one (or two, I have a KLR, also, for when the pavement runs out).

FrankW #431545 06/09/2012 6:21 PM
Adjunct
Adjunct
I thought I had posted here when I first joined but I guess I did not.
I'm Ryan & I'm currently in Yuma, Az.
Born in Indy, grew up in the Panhandle of Florida. After college I went to work at NASA-GSFC designing & building laser & optical systems for satellites. Then I moved out to Colorado to work for a private firm where I would design & build fiber lasers. I had my first serious M/C accident there, unfortunately it was my first week of work too. I really messed up the ulnar nerve in my right wrist and elbow and over time my hand functions deteriorated so I left the industry that I loved and went to work for NASA-KSC in Florida as a Shuttle Instrumentation & Avionic Enigneer. Working on Space Shuttles doesn't require the same level of dexterity that laser building does. =(
After 3 yrs at KSC I moved back to the Panhandle and began working for USJFCOM as an instrumentation & RF engineer. So for 8 years I travel the world designing & implementing RF infrastructure to track and train DOD and Coalition troops. A coupe yeras ago when USJFCOM was shut down and we transitions to USJCOS I decided it was time to try something new.
I took a position in Yuma at YPG. I manage a team of Engineers and Techs that provide performance and compatibility testing for RF equipment, mostly Counter-IED gizmos.

So, I'm a Physicist with a background in lasers that over the course of time has had some kick ass jobs, including launching space shuttle, riding in T-72s & M1 Abrams, & now sitting behind a desk growing a beard, in Yuma, Az. =)

"stupid's in the water these days, they're gonna drink it anyways, until they don't know right from wrong..."
Who I am, what I do and where I live
rgoldberg #431546 09/11/2012 9:42 PM
Who I am:
Cliff, a 46-year old dad of two girls, husband of one wife and suburban home-owner. I love cheeseburgers, riding motorcycles and being a roadie for rock bands. Pretty much in that order.

I have been riding since my first Honda Elsinore 50cc when I was eight. My next bike was a 250cc dirt-bike without any baffles, that didn't keep the neighbors happy for long. Then at 15 I bought an AMF Harley 275 enduro. Many bikes later, I finally bought the bike I wanted, an 07 America. I like it simple, black and almost stock. Would love a Thunderbird Storm next.

What I do:
High School Technology Coordinator and Video/Multimedia Instructor as well as the theatre manager for our high school.
Nights and weekends I am a stagehand for large venue multimedia events and local roadie for touring bands and musicians.

Where I live:
Apple Valley, Minnesota (Twin Cities) USA

Interests:
Acoustic Guitar, Video Production and Technical Stagehand for Concerts and Events.

I figure as long as I don't have cancer and can pay my bills, life doesn't get any better.

Cliff

Re: Who I am, what I do and where I live
ChubRock #431547 09/12/2012 6:42 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
Welcome to the asylum, Cliff

brindle #431548 09/19/2012 3:16 PM
Ive been away from the forum for a long time due to a work assignment, but I am back.

My name is Rick and I am forty seven.

I am a Sergeant with the Nevada Department of Public Safety.

That should give a clue to where I am from. Nevada. Specifically a little town called Minden about twenty minutes south of Carson City.

I came back to search for solutions to my '08 BA dying on me on my last trip.

Shamus #431549 09/21/2012 5:16 PM
Caution: feisty
Caution: feisty
Who am I? Well, that is a good question. Depends on the day you get me really which also explains what I do. My many hats include:

1. Finance Manager for a small IT company. That's my Monday to Friday gig.

2. part time student - I believe you can never stop learning so I am upgrading my skills in relation to my job in finance.

3. founder of M.O.D.E.L. Edmonton - an advocacy group for motorcycle rights started due to the enacting of the first ever motorcycle only noise bylaw in Canada which happened to be in my city and is spreading. We help people get their tickets tossed out of court while trying to get the law amended to include all types of vehicles. We also help people in other communities who fall victim to the discriminatory bylaw. www.modeledmonton.com

4. co-founder of B.O.G. Standards - a motorcycle group dedicated to the Triumph twins - Bonneville, Thruxton, Scrambler, America and Speedmaster. When RAT failed in our area, my friend and I decided to go this route and voila - BOG was born November 2010. www.bog-standards.com

5. volunteer - you can find me almost every Wednesday volunteering and being the emcee for a weekly bike night that raises money for two very needy children's charities.

6. Kootenay Rat Raid Organizer - had the reigns handed over to me to kick off a new decade of Kootenay Rat Raids. I am excited for this new challenge and looking forward to making some changes to freshen it up a bit! At the 2012 and 10th edition of the Raid, I was granted the pleasure of toasting our dear Friar. He was incredibly missed by all at the Raid. I hope that I did him proud. www.kootenayratraid.com

If I sound busy, I am...but I like my life full. I live to hopefully make a positive impact in this sometimes crappy world we live in.

Basically I am in love with riding and everything that comes with it. I have a 2007 Speedmaster that has been modified for me with after market pipes, solo seat, smaller mirrors, relocated signal lights, and new paint as of April 2012. I will end this season with about 67,000km on it...should be more but I bought a house and that took away from trips this year.

Where do I live? Edmonton, Alberta Canada. Gets a tad frosty in the winter and riding season can be short but this is where I made my home. I am very ingrained in this community and it isn't time for me to leave yet. I haven't done everything I set out to do here yet. Where will I go next? Likely to god's country as nothing beats BC roads...well until I find what beats BC roads!

Cheers,

Liane

Any day on my bike is the best day ever! That would be my custom painted 2007 Speedmaster or my 2002 Daytona 955i also known as my salt racing bike!
Blackwind #431550 10/03/2012 3:50 PM
Complete Newb
Complete Newb
My name is nick and I live in California. My wife and I planned to move to Oregon but my parents got sick so were here until they get better

nwatts #431551 10/09/2012 4:55 PM
Complete Newb
Complete Newb
Owned a few different bikes since 1967, this is my first Triumph (2006 America). Last 2 bikes were airhead BMW's. Some Bultaco's years ago, but mostly Oriental equipment.
Use to race some...flattrack, TT's, trials, MX, drag and a couple of road races.
While in the USAF got to teach motorcycle safety, was a MSF instructor at the local jr. college.
School teacher, Wood, metal and small engines. Motorcycle repair and Safety programs...Computer Apps for the last 15 years. Inactive private pilot. Worked in the various cycle shops as a mechanic, parts or sales guy when necessary over the years. Spend some time competitively shooting, another habit that is addictive.
Live in Crowley, Texas and work at the High School I graduated from. Guess I stay here because this has been home.
Nice to find a forum about the Triumph, the information is invaluable for idea's and tech support.
C-Ya,
Charlie

059ha #431552 01/21/2013 6:08 PM
Complete Newb
Complete Newb
Hi !

my name's David, and I'm a french 2012 speedmaster owner.
So please, excuse me for my bad English.

I use "devy" as name on forums after a mistake on papers during a travel in canada.

I live near Metz, a middle size town in North Est France, at 50km from Germany and I work as technician in a nuclear plant.

The Triumph is my first bike, I started in late at 33 years old .
Else, I love olds, US, and customs cars .. Actually I'm working on a 1971 Opel (vauxall) Admiral B .

I probably don't have anything to learn to you, but will enjoy to read and share with you.

Regards.
David.

2012 EFI Speedmaster, Trident Exhausts, Map TORS 20516, AIS disconnected.
Devy #431553 01/21/2013 8:47 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
Welcome David

Another of our French members has set up his own site, here's the link http://www.triumph-america.com/

Any chance of you getting over to the UK for one of our meets?

brindle #431554 01/21/2013 11:56 PM
Complete Newb
Complete Newb
Live near a good little town Albion, Indiana, work ~45 minutes away, as the Quality Manager for good sized manufacture. Born in St. Louis, Missouri, moved to "the country" as a kid with my folks and younger brother, went to college (UMR), got hitched, raising a couple durn good boys, moved to IN (1st time) then to the beautiful NE corner of 'bama, and then moved here (2nd time to IN).

Have owned a Honda dirt bike when we lived in the Ozarks, rode a cousin's Kawasaki in college, and now looking a couple decades later at FINALLY getting my first bike, Speedmaster or America… if the boss lady doesn't squelch this thought and/or me too harshly!

Now, I'm here learning…

brindle #431555 01/22/2013 5:41 AM
Complete Newb
Complete Newb
Quote:

Welcome David
Another of our French members has set up his own site, here's the link http://www.triumph-america.com/

Thank you
I know this site, I'm on it .

Quote:

Any chance of you getting over to the UK for one of our meets?

I never did a long trip with the bike, but it should be a good idea.

David.

2012 EFI Speedmaster, Trident Exhausts, Map TORS 20516, AIS disconnected.
Devy #431556 03/25/2013 9:17 PM
Complete Newb
Complete Newb
David,
I visited Metz in 2002 while on a trip with some students to Trier. I remember a great dinner while touring Metz. Got lucky driving into and out of France, the roads were being blocked by the unions, going the other direction for us both ways. Beautiful city, we really enjoyed the tour guides great descriptions of the history.
C-Ya,
Charlie
Texas

silshooter #431557 04/03/2013 3:39 PM
Adjunct
Adjunct
My names Cloudy and I live on the outskirts of a small village called Gordonton in New Zealand. I manage a dairy farm there. I've been riding since I was 15 when i got my license and now here I am 32 years later and just bought my first Triumph- 05 speedmaster in blue and I still have 3 days till I actually get to go get it. I'm going slowly mad! A mate is taking me down on the back of his Victory, something I'm not really looking forward too, can't remember the last time I was actually an the back.
I've ridden a range of bikes over the years. Several Honda CB750's,Bought a new CBR1000F in '87, have built several Trikes. One I rode for 14 years. Have just recently sold my last trike to get back on two wheels.
I'm married to the beautiful Fiona (from Guernsey)who's 17 years my junior, lucky me, and we have two boys aged 9 & 7.

Oh and Fiona rides also a Suzuki s40 boulevard 06.

05 Speedmaster,Reverse Cone Shortys,Thunderbike AIR Kit,K&N Air Filter,Snorkel Removed,Dynojet Stage 1 Kit(126 main),Needle-Clip 1 From Bottom,42 Pilot,NGK Iridium Plugs,Progressive Springs,Hagon 2810's,Barnett Green Springs,TTP Safe-Start,MOSFET R/R
Cloudy #431558 04/03/2013 4:58 PM
Oil Expert
Oil Expert
Hi Cloudy. Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new bike.

Cheers, Richard
~~~~~~~~~~~~
09 America, Staintune Pipes, K&N, Breathe, Hagon Nitros, AI & O2 removed, tune 20184 (modified), MTX-L a/f gauge
FrankW #431559 04/22/2013 10:08 PM
Adjunct
Adjunct
New member here . Steve from Ohio. Getting ready to buy a new America.

motorcycleman #431560 04/22/2013 10:17 PM
Oil Expert
Oil Expert
Welcome Steve, good choice :-)

2007 Speedmaster and miss it! 2013 T-Bird Storm and Luvin it! Catching a yellow jacket in your shirt at 70 mph can double your vocabulary
edmspeedmaster #431561 04/22/2013 10:34 PM
Adjunct
Adjunct
Now , It's between the black/ or the blue and white !!!

motorcycleman #431562 04/22/2013 10:35 PM
Should be Riding
Should be Riding
blue and white! so pretty

Always remember to be yourself. Unless you suck. Then pretend to be someone else.
motorcycleman #431563 04/22/2013 10:35 PM
Adjunct
Adjunct
going to try to get them to toss in a luggage rack and sissy bar

edmspeedmaster #431564 04/22/2013 10:38 PM
Adjunct
Adjunct
The black tank would look cool with some ghost flames tho

motorcycleman #431565 04/22/2013 10:45 PM
Should be Riding
Should be Riding
true story

Always remember to be yourself. Unless you suck. Then pretend to be someone else.
motorcycleman #431566 04/24/2013 12:16 PM
Adjunct
Adjunct
off to test ride

My name is Mark
motorcycleman #431567 05/10/2013 8:34 PM
Complete Newb
Complete Newb
And I live north of Houston TX in The Woodlands. I moved to TX when I got out of the Army and that was in 81. I've been here ever since. I still live here because I've put down some roots. Home, family, job ( career)
The kids all grown up now and gone off on their own so the Missus and I have been thinking about retiring , or semi retiring. Over the last couple of years we've visited some places to see if we want to maybe live out our golden years there. Phoenix, Taos New Mexico, El Paso, Eureka Springs Arkansas. We've got some more places to visit. I was in North Caroilna a few years back by myself so maybe we'll visit there in the fall , when the leaves are turning. The Smokies are breathtaking after umpteen years in South Texas,and the roads are great for riding except the winter when the snow and ice come out. We still have some time to decide.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard