by chy, September 18
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Its that time again
#354951 09/23/2009 3:51 PM
Shamus Offline OP
OP Offline
It is time for the annual Street Vibrations celebration here in Reno, NV. Thousands of bikers driving through town and unfortunately every year, we lose one or two. Lost the first one this am. Not much detail but guy apparently hit a suburban going through an intersection and died. No info on who had the right of way or the light. I nearly had an accident with one Vibrator and his ol'lady today. I was in the G ride and not on the bike because I am working, but I was sitting next to this guy on a beautiful Indian. We were both making a left turn onto a freeway on ramp with him in the number one lane(Closest to the left or center line) and I was in the number two lane directly to his right. I was kind of watching him out of the corner of my eye and something made me slow down. He took the corner wide and crossed right in front of me, passing about a foot in front of my bumper. If I had not eased off the gas, he would have hit the left side of my car. He responded to his mistake by gunning the engine up to about eighty and speeding off. I guess I could have stopped him and told him that his driving could have cost him a spendy bike and makes all of us look bad, but I just let him go hoping that he and his lady would not become statistics this weekend.

Rick

Re: Its that time again
Shamus #354952 09/23/2009 5:24 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Okay Rick, let me get this straight here....

The guy and his ol' lady are on a big ol' V-Twin cruiser-style(Indian in this case) motorcycle, and as he attempted to make a turn(a left one in this case) he went waaaaaay wide and into your lane, RIGHT?!

Okay now, once again, JUST to recap this whole thing...Big ol' cruiser-style V-Twin...and...turning it, RIGHT?!

And sooooo...you were surprised about this(pardon the pun here) "turn of events"...because...WHY EXACTLY??????

Yep! Just like a good Single Malt Scotch, you might call me "an acquired taste" TOO.(among the many OTHER things you may care to call me, of course)
Dwight #354953 09/23/2009 10:24 PM
Rev Offline
Adjunct
Adjunct
I had a fraternity brother in college that I greatly admired. We
had someone weaving in and out of heavy traffic nearly run us off the
road only to stop in front of us at the next light without gaining a
bit of time for all of his stupidity. I was about to get out of the
car and encourage him to get out of his so that we could have a nice
calm roadside discussion about his driving habits when Edwin threw
his hand into the air and said, "Lord bless this man, he may need it
to get where he is going safely!"

I shifted in my seat, kept my mouth shut, and wondered if I could ever
look at an upsetting situation with the calm resolution of my brother.

If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe! -Dr. Crusher
Rev #354954 09/23/2009 10:56 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Great story there, Rev!

(I know a guy around here I'd like you to introduce Edwin to if you're still in contact with him)

Yep! Just like a good Single Malt Scotch, you might call me "an acquired taste" TOO.(among the many OTHER things you may care to call me, of course)
Dwight #354955 09/24/2009 3:35 PM
Shamus Offline OP
OP Offline
I guess I shouldnt have been surprised Dwight, seeing how any idiot who can afford the financing can get one. I guess a a newbie, I try to maintain my form and speed to the best of my ability and it annoys me when these wanna be bad a$$e$ think they can do what they want and we will all be afraid of them and bow down to their leather and all. I guess I should have thrown the lights on and told him thank you for pointing out another reason I made the right choice with my America.

Rick

Shamus #354956 09/24/2009 5:28 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Quote:

I guess I should have thrown the lights on and told him thank you for pointing out another reason I made the right choice with my America.

Rick

Exactly, Rick!

However, 5'll get cha 10 that little bit of enlightenment would have gone right over his head too!!!

(...sorry about THAT pun TOO, Officer!)

Link Copied to Clipboard