Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Rude bikers ****** me off!!
#335038 05/31/2009 9:45 AM
Loquacious
OP Offline
Loquacious
OK,
Went to a local independant motorcycle shop for my inspection yesterday. I go to this shop cause it's close to home and the owner is a really nice guy. I pull in with my America and park amongst other bikes he's selling. I walk in the shop and the owner is busy but he acknowldges me and tells me to hang on and he'll inspect the bike in a few minutes. While I'm waiting a couple of guys pull in and park right behind my bike, thus, blocking me in somewhat. After a few mins the owner comes out to give Hazel the once over. She passes inspection but the owner says she'll need new sneakers soon which I kinda knew. It's time to leave and these punks who were watching me get the inspections never offer to move their bikes and kind of ignore that I'm blocked. So the owner says something to these punks and they give him lip about moving. Basically saying that there is room for me to get out. Well there was room but it required me to do a 5 point turn on a slope . I got on my bike and started her up and use power and clutch to get the heck out of there. They never offered to move their bikes and were amuzed at my delima. Freaking ****** me off but I wasn't about to get in a confrontation with these young gang bangers.

Last edited by Fishercat; 05/31/2009 9:46 AM.

Live Free or Die Velvet
Re: Rude bikers ****** me off!!
Fishercat #335039 05/31/2009 9:54 AM
Should be Riding
Should be Riding
I saw something similar yesterday, a couple bikers pulled up to a BBQ joint, ape hangers, tats, and doo-rags. Parked in the yellow striped area next to the handicap spot. No big deal usually, tuck a bike in where you can, but one of them was so close to this van that when the old lady came out to get in, she was struggling to get in the door, and she looked terrified to try and keep from accidentally bumping the bike with the door.

However, asshats are everywhere, courtesy on the road is gone. Cars, bikes, trucks, whatever, they all suck

Always remember to be yourself. Unless you suck. Then pretend to be someone else.
Fishercat #335040 05/31/2009 10:05 AM
Old Hand
Old Hand
But, that's the way they're supposed to be. They know because they saw that movie about bad bikers.

Let's hope there's intelligent life somewhere in space 'cause it's buggar all down here. -- Monte Python
Fishercat #335041 05/31/2009 10:14 AM
3/4 Throttle
3/4 Throttle
I was on my way home from Ft. Lee Virginia yesterday with my big boss (Colonel)and we just switched drivers, he was now behind the wheel and we came up on about 20 Hardly's the majority of the bikes were in the slow lane but there were 3 or 4 bikes running in the fast lane, all going 55 mph in a 65 zone. All but one moved over into the slow lane when we came up behind them. The last guy that was still running in the fast lane looked back and clearly saw that we were behind him. He moved over but was still running a foot or 2 on the left side of the white passing lines. He looked back again and ignored the fact that we were behind him. (My boss actually rides a Fat Boy) What he did next kinda surprised me. He drove right up beside him not moving any further to the left and passed him as I was sitting in the front passenger seat I thought for sure that we would clip him with the mirror. We did not but it was very close, I always thought that the Harley guys would stick together but My boss had a few choice words about the Hardley idiots that are just rude and ignorant. By the way the guy was riding a Sportster a pretty aqua one. This is what gives bikers a bad rap, acting like A$$H*//e$. Of corse we got flipped off by a bunch of the bikers but he was the one acting like an idiot. So I fill your pain there are some idiots out there!

Last edited by 69tri1; 05/31/2009 10:19 AM.
69tri1 #335042 05/31/2009 10:23 AM
3/4 Throttle
3/4 Throttle
Oh and I forgot to mention that they were wearing their colors (Eagle Riders) Ooooooooh

69tri1 #335043 05/31/2009 11:47 AM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
I have to laugh at the aqua Snortster, my friend has one and also has feathers painted on it sort of a gay indian motif and fringe on his hand grips. He doesn't understand why I keep asking if he got his wife's bike by mistake.

I learned all I need to know about life by killing smart people and eating their brains.
Eat right ,Exercise ,Stay fit, Die Anyway!
The_Dog33 #335044 05/31/2009 11:57 AM
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
I take pic with my phone when people park stupid that way I have prof I had no choose and accidentally hit them.

Life need a little Triumph! 2008 Triumph Speedmaster, Single baffle drag pipes, lots of black powder coatin,K&N pods, AI removed, TBS needles and a procom cdi.
roadworthy #335045 05/31/2009 6:59 PM
Adjunct
Adjunct
Quote:

However, asshats are everywhere, courtesy on the road is gone. Cars, bikes, trucks, whatever, they all suck

Well said.

Quote:

Oh and I forgot to mention that they were wearing their colors (Eagle Riders) Ooooooooh

Quote:

I have to laugh at the aqua Snortster, my friend has one and also has feathers painted on it sort of a gay indian motif and fringe on his hand grips.

Ain't gay Indians an oxymoron, like no gay Iranians according to Imabanjodad.

I ride with my neighbor who has a trophy winning 82 FXR and an 03 Roadking. He doesn't care who he rides with, as long as they can ride. Does it seem the more patches, the bigger the attitude? I just got a new Triumph patch on my coat more to see if I'd be harassed by the HD patches out there. Or maybe I could be a prospect and start washing bikes all summer. Yeah, fun.

06 in Mulberry. AI, Dunstalls, Nology coils, TTP Keep your faith in God, but keep your powder dry. -Oliver Cromwell
luvdemstillers #335046 05/31/2009 7:08 PM
"Lighten up, Francis."
"Lighten up, Francis."
No close calls with jackholes today on my little shakedown cruise but I'm still astonished at the sheer number of people talking on their cell phones while driving. I know they're always doing it but I think I'm just more attuned to it when I'm on my bike.

As for the aqua gay Indian Sportster, maybe he always wanted to be in the Village People...

BA.com Caretaker | Friarsride | jb.com
FriarJohn #335047 05/31/2009 9:37 PM
Worn Saddle
Worn Saddle
The cell phones are moving to bikes, also. Two days ago, I was driving my truck home and came up on a big hog, weaving a little and going about 45 down the highway. Yep, left hand with a cell phone to his noggin and the right on the gas. I couldn't pass him for about four miles because of hills and curves. He did eventually pull over, after the 5 cars behind me started honking.

Fidelis et Fortis
arstaren #335048 05/31/2009 9:46 PM
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
I was at a dealer the other day and was getting on as a guy was getting off and complaint to me about his blue-tooth falling off when he took his helmet off. I just shook my head. Thats all ya need more distractions on a bike.

Life need a little Triumph! 2008 Triumph Speedmaster, Single baffle drag pipes, lots of black powder coatin,K&N pods, AI removed, TBS needles and a procom cdi.
chuckyj #335049 06/01/2009 12:03 AM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Three Harley riders are going over a twisting mountain pass near Prescott AZ. Three pickup trucks drive up behind them. All vehicles are then going 10MPH slower than the already too slow(personal opinion) posted speed limit of said mountain road because it's painfully obvious that at least two of the three motorcyclists are not very adept at riding big fat lumbering kinds of motorcycles.(two of the three severely lowered, and equiped with "ape-hanger"-style handlebars, BTW)

This lineup of vehicles covers six or seven miles of road surface in this configuration, and yet none of the Harley riders move over for the trucks to pass.

Finally after a straight portion of road comes along and the broken yellow line appears for passing manuevers, and as the first pickup truck driver starts to pass said Harley riders, the last Harley rider in line flips off the driver of the first pickup truck as he passes them. The second pickup driver[that's me] notices this response from said Harley rider just as he starts to also pass said motorcyclists. The second pickup truck driver[once again, that's me] just shakes his head and starts to ponder the following thought:

IF one can NOT ride a big fat lumbering Harley-Davidson motorcycle over a twisting mountain road faster than even a bigger, fatter and even more lumbering pickup truck can be driven over the same twisting mountain road, then maybe the rider of said big fat lumbering motorcycle should either investigate the possibility of trading in said big fat lumbering motorcycle for one a little more nimble and that can actually handle that particular kind of road(possibly a certain british brand), or maybe said motorcyclists should consider signing up for some motorcycle riding courses in which to hone their riding skills, OR maybe said motorcyclists should just consider the possibility that they are NOT THE ONLY FREAKIN' PEOPLE ON THIS PLANET AND SHOULD JUST MOVE THE F*** OVER SO PEOPLE CAN PASS 'EM!!!!!

Yep! Just like a good Single Malt Scotch, you might call me "an acquired taste" TOO.(among the many OTHER things you may care to call me, of course)
Dwight #335050 06/01/2009 1:00 AM
Saddle Sore
Saddle Sore
Well Sir Your Eminence Marquess , I suppose that's why maybe Prescott , Arizona is sorta desert - like , 'cause of all the lumbering goin' on . They're even haulin' off the trees on these big ole lumbering motorcycles .

2005 Model . Two Fast Eddy stickers , a bell and a clock . She's Lola . She tinkles and keeps time . http://s649.photobucket.com/albums/uu211/britbike05/
arstaren #335051 06/01/2009 9:13 AM
Adjunct
Adjunct
Honestly... how hard is it to be nice and have some respect for others? It really bugs me when people go out of their way to be rude. It grinds my gears to see people knowingly go out of their way to pi$$ you off. It take little effort to be nice. That biker that Dwight talked about has got another thing coming.

Aaron 04 "Green Bean" Freaked, AI removal, Bafflectomy, 6" Risers, and 30" Drag Bars.
Fishercat #335052 06/01/2009 10:36 AM
moe Offline
Should be Riding
Should be Riding
After getting hazel out I would have double parked behind them and hung out for some laughs.

Blowing gravel off rural roads
moe #335053 06/01/2009 11:26 AM
Loquacious
OP Offline
Loquacious
Quote:

After getting hazel out I would have double parked behind them and hung out for some laughs.

I should have done that but I went riding instead and cooled off.

Live Free or Die Velvet
Fishercat #335054 06/01/2009 12:01 PM
Adjunct
Adjunct
Cooling off was probably for the best. Getting ****** off over stupidity is all too easy to do (speaking from experience). Besides, they were probably just a little insecure because the only thing they usually see from a Triumph is a tail light getting smaller as it vanishes ahead of them.

2003 Speedmaster Red/Black FREAK, AI removed, Emgo Shorties, NH Peg relocation, Progressive suspension (front and back).
Fishercat #335055 06/01/2009 12:15 PM
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
It's my understanding that many of these petty grievances can easily be resolved with a small hammer or a samuri sword.

2004 Triumph Speedmaster (J Lo) 2006 Yamaha Stratoliner (Adele)
Dwight #335056 06/01/2009 12:21 PM
Check Pants
Check Pants
Quote:

All vehicles are then going 10MPH slower than the already too slow(personal opinion) posted speed limit

Then again, it could be they thought they were going very fast. Motorbikes can be scary contraptions.

(OR MAYBE YOU WERE ALL HOPPED UP ON CAFFIENE)

jh

"It's not what I say that's important, it's what you hear" Red Auerbach
Wade #335057 06/01/2009 12:46 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Quote:

Well Sir Your Eminence Marquess , I suppose that's why maybe Prescott , Arizona is sorta desert - like , 'cause of all the lumbering goin' on . They're even haulin' off the trees on these big ole lumbering motorcycles .

Oh contraire, my dear Pooh-Bah! Prescott Arizona is NOT "sorta desert-like". In actuality it is "sorta semi-alpine-like".

(though maybe his Eminence the Marquess did not mention that the "lumber" along said twisting mountain road are in fact pine trees and not cacti, and thus his Eminence here can fully understand the Pooh-Bah's misconceptions stated in his above reply)

Yep! Just like a good Single Malt Scotch, you might call me "an acquired taste" TOO.(among the many OTHER things you may care to call me, of course)
freedom #335058 06/01/2009 1:00 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Quote:

Quote:

All vehicles are then going 10MPH slower than the already too slow(personal opinion) posted speed limit

Then again, it could be they thought they were going very fast. Motorbikes can be scary contraptions.

(OR MAYBE YOU WERE ALL HOPPED UP ON CAFFIENE)

jh

Dear sufferer of Carpal Tunnel syndrome,

His Eminence does not usually need the "assistance" of caffiene to get "hopped up" and thus become extremely aggitated whenever he encounters the presence of inconsiderate road hogs riding big, fat lumbering kinds of motorcycles.

(he's sort of a "self-starter" in that regard, sir)

pipedr #335059 06/01/2009 1:01 PM
PES Offline
Bar Shake
Bar Shake
Quote:

It's my understanding that many of these petty grievances can easily be resolved with a small hammer or a samuri sword.

Barry, as demonstarted last night on Spike's "Deadliest Warrior" an RPG in the hands of of a Taliban guerilla fighter would be much more effective. But there is never a guerilla fighter around when you need one.

"Catching a yellow jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary" Author unknown
Dwight #335060 06/01/2009 9:55 PM
Adjunct
Adjunct
Quote:

motorcyclists... pickup driver[that's me]...

About time you learned to take the bike rather than a pickup

2018 FLHCS 2014 Surly Straggler - 16,000 miles and counting!
TxSpeedster #335061 06/01/2009 11:05 PM
Adjunct
Adjunct
This is a good example of some Harley riders attitude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whVXD3ex9DA

------------------------------- 2004 Bonneville America 1997 Daytona t595 1998 Speed Triple t509 1997 Ducati M750
SteamRoller66 #335062 06/01/2009 11:57 PM
Adjunct
Adjunct
I just don't get tired of that clip.

Ok, putting aside that he picked a STUPID spot to try and pass, if he had just been able to stay off that back brake, he'd have made the corner easily...

Last edited by LanceD; 06/02/2009 12:00 AM.

2003 Speedmaster Red/Black FREAK, AI removed, Emgo Shorties, NH Peg relocation, Progressive suspension (front and back).
LanceD #335063 06/02/2009 12:16 AM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Yeah...EXACTLY, Lance.

You see German, while I've ALSO seen that particular video a number of times before, I don't think that that's exactly "a good example of some Harley riders attitude". You see, like Lance said here, it MAY BE an example of what not to do, as in one should never cross over a double-yellow line and pass a vehicle on a blind right-hander like that moron in the video did there, BUT I don't know if that particular video really shows a Harley rider's "attitude" problem there, my friend!

Oh, WAIT a minute!!! MAYBE you meant the "attitude" that some Harley riders have that their big, fat, lumbering Harleys can actually HANDLE tight mountain roads AT SPEED, HUH???

(oh WELL then, in THAT case, NOW I think I understand what you meant there, German!...Yep, now THAT really IS a "bad attitude" to have THERE alright...Yep, in most cases THAT kind'a "attitude" will ONLY get most Harley riders in a world o' hurt!...just like what happened to THAT moron there!!!)

Dwight #335064 06/02/2009 12:21 AM
Loquacious
Loquacious
I love the commentary in the video "dude they're gonna beat our asses" LOL.

06 America 904
KaiserSoze #335065 06/02/2009 1:02 AM
Adjunct
Adjunct
You are right Dwight, that is a good example of what not to do. I just keep on seeing this very often, going through mulholland, decker, latigo or encinal canyon. Maybe I should look for different areas to go riding.

------------------------------- 2004 Bonneville America 1997 Daytona t595 1998 Speed Triple t509 1997 Ducati M750
SteamRoller66 #335066 06/02/2009 1:18 AM
Worn Saddle
Worn Saddle
I too, appreciate this video over and over. But every time he goes over, by guts tighten up, only to be relaxed by the laugh spasms of the commentary right after..." Oh my God, whyyyyyyyy would they dooooooooo that!?

Fidelis et Fortis
arstaren #335067 06/02/2009 1:57 AM
Stickman Yogi
Stickman Yogi
Quote:

" Oh my God, whyyyyyyyy would they dooooooooo that!?

Because they after all... are cool.

Last edited by mountainman; 06/02/2009 2:18 AM.

Live to love, love to live.
Keith #335068 06/02/2009 2:33 AM
Adjunct
Adjunct
Re: Dwight

Quote:

Oh, WAIT a minute!!! MAYBE you meant the "attitude" that some Harley riders have that their big, fat, lumbering Harleys can actually HANDLE tight mountain roads AT SPEED, HUH???

Experienced bikers know it's the rider rather than the motorcycle...

Road King carving dragon tail

TxSpeedster #335069 06/02/2009 9:51 AM
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Sometimes as bikers we assume that cage drivers have no understanding of our plight, forgetting that some of these cage drivers are bikers who are not on their ride of choice.
Occasionally I'll be in my car and catch myself getting ready to wave at a biker forgetting that I'm in my car (I'm not totally numb,2 of my cars are convertibles).Luckily, I catch myself before I make a fool of myself(at least in these circumstances)or seem totally gay. I think that some bikers feel the need to assert their tough guy attitude on the non-biking community (I wonder how many are in wheelchairs). It just seems that much more rediculous to those of us who are bikers incognito. Also, and unfortunately,it gives us all a bad name.

Strangler
TxSpeedster #335070 06/02/2009 11:57 AM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Quote:

Quote:

(Note to self: Now if I could only find those sequential pictures taken at the Dragon's Tail that I saw posted here a few years back of what appears to be a pretty good rider on a Harley Electra Glide who starts scrapin' the hard parts of that poor ol' Harley pretty darn early in that right-hand sweeper, with sparks flying everywhere, and then shortly thereafter starts lifting first the front and then the rear wheel off the ground resulting in a low-side crash...well, if ONLY I could find those series of pictures, then maybe I could show Leno here that a motorcycle's ground clearance, not to mention it's overall weight, often has a direct bearing upon how well that particular motorcycle can handle twisty mountain roads....but alas, I can not seem to find them, and so I guess I won't have the data available to support my argument, 'cause that Texan down there is pretty darn smart and whenever you debate him you better have your ducks-in-a-row....and so, I guess I'll just have to drop this here thing, dang it!)

Dwight #335071 06/02/2009 2:18 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

(Note to self: Now if I could only find those sequential pictures taken at the Dragon's Tail that I saw posted here a few years back of what appears to be a pretty good rider on a Harley Electra Glide who starts scrapin' the hard parts of that poor ol' Harley pretty darn early in that right-hand sweeper, with sparks flying everywhere, and then shortly thereafter starts lifting first the front and then the rear wheel off the ground resulting in a low-side crash...well, if ONLY I could find those series of pictures, then maybe I could show Leno here that a motorcycle's ground clearance, not to mention it's overall weight, often has a direct bearing upon how well that particular motorcycle can handle twisty mountain roads....but alas, I can not seem to find them, and so I guess I won't have the data available to support my argument, 'cause that Texan down there is pretty darn smart and whenever you debate him you better have your ducks-in-a-row....and so, I guess I'll just have to drop this here thing, dang it!)

1.....2.....3......PINNED!

brokenfixed #335072 06/02/2009 2:57 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Why thanks, Tom! I am assumin' here that you meant with my above "Note to self" thing there that I proved my point to Leno without havin' to show him the pictures I mentioned.

Oh, and BTW Leno, I counted about a dozen times where that supposed "excellent rider" on the Harley in that video crossed over the double yellow and went wide on his turns, in what I'm gonna ALSO "assume" was the need to keep that big ol' Harley o' his as upright as he could and from scrappin' some of those "hard parts" I mentioned in my "Note to self".

Dwight #335073 06/02/2009 3:07 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
I barely know/care about what you guys are talking about, I just seen you type that you were gonna let something go..haha

brokenfixed #335074 06/02/2009 3:15 PM
I am a major newbie when it comes to riding. I have only been riding about a year. I am more than willing to pull over an let someone pass as I navigate twisties and learn what I can do. Sometimes though I wish I could and did carry a ticket book when I am riding. I have never given a speeding ticket, but I would be the first to hand out a ticket to a cager for texting while driving. Yesterday I could not figure out why a guy in a truck was slowing down very far away from a signal. As I pulled along side, I could see that he was braking, as he drove with his knee, because his eyes and both hands were busy texting. Off duty, no ticket book and not having been a uniform guy in a number of years, I had to settle for a shake of the head and a hand gesture to convey my annoyance.

Rick

brokenfixed #335075 06/02/2009 3:33 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Quote:

I barely know/care about what you guys are talking about, I just seen you type that you were gonna let something go..haha

Why Tom, ya know WHY you "barely know/care about what us guys are talkin' about"??? Well dude, it's because all the custom Triumphs I've seen you make, you lower 'em just to make 'em "look cool"!(and YEAH! They DO "look cool" alright, I admit that!)

BUT, because you've done that to these Triumphs "cruisers"(the BEST handling "cruisers" on the market today, I might add, that is IF you DON'T lower 'em and chop 'em up), THEN in effect you have made your Triumphs end up scraaaaaaappin' those hard parts as much as they would if you'd be ridin' a Harley on one of these mountain roads of which I speak, a location where I mentioned earlier about coming up behind riders riding slower and on less manueverable motorcycles, but REFUSING to pull over and let others pass 'em because they are friggin' RUDE!!! That's how this thread got here on this mountain road, if you recall.

(I sure hope I've cleared this little thing up for ya now...but ehhh...what do you care, HUH?!..."haha")

Dwight #335076 06/02/2009 4:07 PM
Fe Butt
Fe Butt
Okay, after THAT little bit of "enlightenment", and keeping with the general intent of this thread, HERE'S a question for you folks:

Does he just tend to state the facts in a little too much of a "smart-alecky way" a lot of the time, OR...is Dwight just plain friggin' "rude" TOO???

(and, what say we hear from YOU first, Ron...I mean, YOU started this whole thing here, ya know!!!)

Dwight #335077 06/02/2009 4:20 PM
Loquacious
Loquacious
Quote:

Quote:

Why Tom, ya know WHY you "barely know/care about what us guys are talkin' about"??? Well dude, it's because all the custom Triumphs I've seen you make, you lower 'em just to make 'em "look cool"!(and YEAH! They DO "look cool" alright, I admit that!)

BUT, because you've done that to these Triumphs "cruisers"(the BEST handling "cruisers" on the market today, I might add, that is IF you DON'T lower 'em and chop 'em up), THEN in effect you have made your Triumphs end up scraaaaaaappin' those hard parts as much as they would if you'd be ridin' a Harley on one of these mountain roads of which I speak, a location where I mentioned earlier about coming up behind riders riding slower and on less manueverable motorcycles, but REFUSING to pull over and let others pass 'em because they are friggin' RUDE!!! That's how this thread got here on this mountain road, if you recall.

(I sure hope I've cleared this little thing up for ya now...but ehhh...what do you care, HUH?!..."haha")

I myself am still learning my limits of the bike. Ive never scraped a footpeg in a turn yet, though Ive scraped my kickstand on slow moving left turns on crested roads. I will admit some loss of handling obviously due to lowering, but I do have shorty pipes and hard rear springs so you'd be surprised I think. I just rode some twisty stuff with Ian the other day and kept up pretty well I think. Everytime he beat me in a certain part it was due to my riding and not because of my bike. Of course he just mounted a new rear tire for me that morning and I was trying to take it easy on new rubber.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard