Steve McQueen inspired
by Feral, November 28
GaRally22
GaRally22
by chy, September 18
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Lounge Jump to new posts
WOW jon1214 07/19/2024 12:01 AM
WOW I picked up the caliper today, however they shipped the wrong brake line.
Brandon at Libby's motorworld in New Haven CT ordered the correct line.
Should be in next week.
Now on to my new motorcycle mechanic, Alex in Bethany CT.
I found out I will have to pay for any mileage over 15 miles as the stipulations from Geico, in my Insurance policy.
So I will be paying for 24 miles.
In the past I payed nothing for the motorcycle to be trowed on a flatbed from Torrington to New Haven.
0 34 Read More
Lounge Jump to new posts
Sad news jon1214 07/18/2024 3:48 PM
I'm very sad that my motorcycle mechanic Darin has cancer. He has two tumors in his neck.
One of them is cancerous, he is in his mid 50's.
This is the second time this year I have received bad news abouit people I care about.
5/8/24, my brother David died from a heart attack age 62.
A biopsy was taken with a needle that Darin said was about as big as a straw.
Also unfortunately Daren is going to close up his shop, Redline powersports.
I pray for his health every day.
He has been very good to me with his excellent service, he has done a lot of very good work for me at a reasonable price. Good work at a good price is hard to find today.
Daren already warned me about two motorcycle mechanics to avoid.
I have already found another mechanic to do the work on my motorcycle, Alex
0 21 Read More
Lounge Jump to new posts
WOW: The caliper has shipped. jon1214 07/18/2024 3:31 PM
WOW: The caliper I ordered 6/6/24 has shipped, from Triumph in England, should be able to pick it up late next week, from LIbby's motorsport, New Haven CT.
I've been waiting since 6/6/24 when the order was placed.
My motorcycle mechanic has cancer and is closing up his shop Redline Powersports, Winsted CT.
Motorcycle has been in his shop since 6/10/24. I will pick it up tomorrow.
I would love to go for a ride tomorrow but with no rear brake it's not a very good idea. No way I could do a panic stop. A nice ride is not worth dying for, if some pulled out in front of me.
I'm terrified of someone pulling out of their driveway without looking, and wam, over the handle bars I would go, road rash, at least i ware a helmet all the time while riding
Luckily through my wife I was able to get a motorcycle mechanic to replace the current caliper. And he is a lot closer to my home than going all the way to Libbys in New Haven, 46 miles one way. So hopefully maybe next Saturday I could be on the road again. That's a bad way to put it I don't want to be on the road.
0 23 Read More
Lounge Jump to new posts
How long is too long to wait for Triumph caliper jon1214 07/15/2024 11:03 PM
I've been waiting since June 6th, then I ordered a rear caliper for my 2006 Triumph America. Still no when the caliper will be delivered. I'm tired of waiting as the summer riding season is ending day by day.
I've been looking in the internet at the possibility of purchasing a used Triumph, I'd like to get a Speedmaster. Not much out there.
I've been in touch with Triumph after sales department, with only response computer generated return emails.
Have any of you purchased a Triumph on the internet?
0 34 Read More
Rides
Ga Rally '24
by chy - 03/04/2024 1:00 PM