Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Homeless Man
#601607 05/16/2021 8:07 AM
Fe Butt
OP Online Content
Fe Butt
As a singer I sing at many funerals and I was recently asked by a funeral director to sing at a graveside service for a homeless man. He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a Pauper's Cemetery out near Indiana. As I was not familiar with the area, I got lost. Everyone that knows me knows I'm directionally challenged AND the further I drove the signal for my navigation weakened and eventually dropped.

Anyways I finally arrived an hour late and saw that the funeral guy had evidently gone and the hearse was nowhere in sight. There were only the diggers and crew left and they were eating lunch. I felt bad and apologized to the men for being late. I went to the side of the grave and looked down and the vault lid was already in place. I didn’t know what else to do, so I started to sing. The workers put down their lunch and began to gather around. I sang my heart and soul out for this man with no family and friends.
As I sang “Amazing Grace”, the spirit of God began to move and the workers began to weep. They wept, I wept, we all wept together. When I finished, I prayed a benediction and started for my car my head hung low but my heart so FULL.
As I opened the door to my car, I overheard one of the workers say, “I’ve never seen nothin’ like that before and I’ve been putting in septic tanks for twenty years.”
Apparently, I was still lost ��….

I learned all I need to know about life by killing smart people and eating their brains.
Eat right ,Exercise ,Stay fit, Die Anyway!
3 members like this: Nobby, BillyIndiana, JD13
Re: Homeless Man
The_Dog33 #601612 05/16/2021 8:11 PM
Loquacious
Online Content
Loquacious
Crappy situation!

1 member likes this: JD13

Link Copied to Clipboard