Bonnevilleamerica.com
Posted By: Bell22 Eyewear - 03/21/2012 10:18 PM
Need some suggestions for good eyewear. Looking for some for wearing without helmet, and also some with a 3/4 helmet. Prefer something that can be interchanged for daytime/nighttime riding. And that doesn't make your eyes water. My regular sunglasses just aren't doing the trick anymore.
Posted By: MercKing Re: Eyewear - 03/22/2012 1:55 AM
I rock Bobster sunglasses. They have pop out lenses. They can be worn as regular sunglasses or kind of goggles. They also have a differnt set of foam that goes around them on the inside to help block the wind. I like em and they aren't too much money.
Posted By: pipedr Re: Eyewear - 03/22/2012 2:53 AM
Paul,
Take a ride to Greensburg one weekend and stop at M&M leather on rt.30. They have a plethora of options from economy to high end. You'll surely find something. And in the event you don't, you'll have a nice ride.
Posted By: amglo Re: Eyewear - 03/22/2012 2:54 AM
+1 on the Bobsters, photochromic is the only way to go: http://www.bobster.com/lifestyle/functional/invader-sunglass-black-frame-photochromic-lens.aspx
Posted By: Bell22 Re: Eyewear - 03/22/2012 12:14 PM
I'm out that way quite a bit Barry, i'll have to stop by M&M next time.

I read that the photochromic lenses don't get dark enough for bright sunny conditions??
Posted By: StandingBull Re: Eyewear - 03/22/2012 4:04 PM
Bobster Red Barons.
Posted By: brokenfixed Re: Eyewear - 03/22/2012 7:25 PM
I ride a 3/4 helmet with bobster roadmaster photochromatic. Theyre dark enough for me in sunlight, I dont know why anyone would want them darker. The downside to them is they dont get totally clear at night and can be a bit darker than you want when riding dark back roads. On highways or roads with streetlights you'll never notice unless you take them off.

I have a large nose and bridge by the way, and they fit me perfect and hold the wind out very good. I'm on my second pair since May 07.
Posted By: The_Dog33 Re: Eyewear - 03/23/2012 1:11 AM
I wear little round sunglasses like John Lennon wore sort of.
Posted By: JasonSonOfEd Re: Eyewear - 03/23/2012 2:48 AM
Well here are my mine!! For day time
http://www.Shop3M.com/70071541000.html

And night time!
http://www.Shop3M.com/70071559465.html?WT.z_bynt=1

Nobody can beat those prices!!
Posted By: brokenfixed Re: Eyewear - 03/23/2012 1:43 PM
Quote:

I wear little round sunglasses like John Lennon wore sort of.

Dont they have skulls in the reflection part or something?

Its funny to think the John Lennon glasses got some death in there..haha
Posted By: The_Dog33 Re: Eyewear - 03/23/2012 1:46 PM
I have some like that but mine are just regular round dark glasses. The skull ones don't block the wind.
Posted By: Buffal0 Re: Eyewear - 03/25/2012 3:18 AM
Since I wear prescription eyeglasses that's what I ride with, & add clip-on shades for bright sunny days. When I wear my contacts I use the PEP glasses/shades from the shop. They wrap kinda round the eye like a visor, are impact resistant, and work great! If I could get a set of them in my prescription, or script wrap-around (clears & tinted) like...say...worn by Swartzenegger in the "Terminator" that would be the (.)'s.
Posted By: chuckyj Re: Eyewear - 03/25/2012 3:34 PM
Bobsters are the best bang for the buck I wear low rider 2's and I just got my wife a new pair of ave's as well. They have very good customer service and help you when they can. They sell replacement lenses and pieces for most of there glasses too. Plus most of there glasses can be gotten with RX lenses.
Posted By: bigbill Re: Eyewear - 03/25/2012 11:37 PM
Lots of variety Here
Posted By: Bell22 Re: Eyewear - 03/25/2012 11:48 PM
I picked up two pair of the Bobster Foamerz 2...clear and smoked. Thanx for the suggestions!
Posted By: Buffal0 Re: Eyewear - 03/27/2012 1:08 AM
Quote:

Lots of variety Here

Thanks, I'll check the selections & with my optometrist on getting a pair for day & night riding. The approved PEP RX frames offered at work were well...just fugly and very very spendy even with the company discount.
Posted By: Leithal Re: Eyewear - 03/27/2012 4:21 PM
When Im wearing my half lid I got a pair of Wiley X Romer II that I really like. They have black, clear and yellow lenses that change out extreamly easy. Never had a tear in my eye even over 80mph. You can even get prescription lenses for them.
Posted By: Sayantsi Re: Eyewear - 08/01/2012 2:16 PM
I wear some expensive but great shades - Maui Jim Kapaluas.

They sit close, you can get them with a prescription lenses, and the frame bends into a helmet nicely so they don't push in on your head. I also wear a full face though, so I can drop the shield to keep the wind out.
Posted By: StandingBull Re: Eyewear - 08/01/2012 5:43 PM
I wear the red barons from bobster.
Posted By: philwarner Re: Eyewear - 08/15/2012 12:54 AM
Quote:

Lots of variety Here

Nice variety indeed; wish I had seen this before, but still may order some. I recently found some fishing sunglasses with bi-focals at wally world for about $20 and bought one of the two pair on the rack with 2.5 mag. They actually work well and I can finally see the tach clearly. Of course you young bucks don't need these, but to an old fart they are a real help. Might even try these fishing for tying those fisherman's knots in mono line I can't otherwise see.
Posted By: hill8586 Re: Eyewear - 09/03/2012 1:55 PM
safety glasses !! can get them from galeton or grainger by the box in multiple styles also different tints....use'um , abuse'um and go on to a new pair...I find they keep out rain, wind, june-bugs, etc....and they are cheap ! and by their nature...impact resistant....
Posted By: jhaxto Re: Eyewear - 12/01/2012 2:53 AM
Smith Sunglasses, they make a variety of different styles with interchangeable lenses with a plethora of lens options, polarized to clear, for all conditions they even make tactical shooting and safety lenses, they can be a lil pricey but are a quality product. Make sure to get some anti-fog if you ride in the cold, doesn't matter what glasses or goggles you get they will fog up.
© Bonneville America Forums