Bonnevilleamerica.com
Posted By: ToTall Highway bar for an America - 09/08/2012 6:22 AM
I have an 07 America and am looking for a bar to put highway pegs on... I don't like the square shaped bar from Triumph as I am trying to mount the pegs as low and as far out as possible.. To Tall

Any chance that someone has or knows of any other bar that will fit?
Posted By: philwarner Re: Highway bar for an America - 09/10/2012 2:34 AM
Quote:

I have an 07 America and am looking for a bar to put highway pegs on... I don't like the square shaped bar from Triumph as I am trying to mount the pegs as low and as far out as possible.. To Tall Any chance that someone has or knows of any other bar that will fit?

These small bars came with my 04 from the previous owner and I think they may be a Triumph item. The highway pegs as mounted are a bit high for my short legs, but they and the bars do protect the bike in case of a slip.

Posted By: amglo Re: Highway bar for an America - 09/10/2012 5:36 AM
Check with Fast Eddy
Posted By: LimeyD Re: Highway bar for an America - 09/10/2012 8:16 AM
I have a set like those in the picture for sale if you are interested. Let me know.
Posted By: ToTall Re: Highway bar for an America - 09/11/2012 3:01 AM
I have a set of those bars / but have not installed...
Waiting to see my options No way I could use pegs that high.

I love the look though!
Posted By: ToTall Re: Highway bar for an America - 09/11/2012 3:04 AM
I will have to buy him a beer, I have already dipped into that well several times...
Posted By: ljpm Re: Highway bar for an America - 09/11/2012 12:22 PM
I have those triangle bars as well (found them for $10 at a swap meet). I am also 6'5" and I haven't figured any way to install usable pegs on them. I'm still thinking of getting a set of the rectangular bars (when money permits).
Posted By: ToTall Re: Highway bar for an America - 09/11/2012 11:35 PM
Thats why I keep looking for just a strait bar for highway pegs.
Posted By: beamer Re: Highway bar for an America - 09/15/2012 2:02 AM
This is going to be a hard one to sell/find. I too would like just a streight bar and pegs just above my floorboards. because of the exhaust configureation you are going to have a hard time finding one. (that was the cool thing on my 750 yamaha xj mounted a set to the frame downtubes) even welding on some rebar and mounting pegs to them look to be a bit tricky. thats why I have done with out for 7 yrs LOLOLOL
Posted By: Keith Re: Highway bar for an America - 09/15/2012 2:34 AM
Quote:

Thats why I keep looking for just a strait bar for highway pegs.

Necessity is the mother of invention, as they say. How about fabricating the bar you are looking for? Hmmmm, maybe I could look into doing that for myself, come to think of it.
Posted By: ToTall Re: Highway bar for an America - 09/16/2012 6:31 AM
Good news!

I talked to Eddy, and he thinks he can put together the mounts to make this possible. Could not be better for everyone that needs to stretch out a little. Hope to hear from him soon..
Posted By: ljpm Re: Highway bar for an America - 09/17/2012 3:14 AM
Quote:

Good news!

I talked to Eddy, and he thinks he can put together the mounts to make this possible. Could not be better for everyone that needs to stretch out a little. Hope to hear from him soon..

That is great news. I would definitely be interested.
Posted By: ToTall Re: Highway bar for an America - 10/06/2012 3:28 PM
Eddy got back with me and it appears that there are several options available from kuryakyn. A couple of bars and several stem and peg combinations that attach to the frame. Just a matter of piecing together the correct parts for BA. Hope to have pictures soon of at least one bar and one stem. Just have to find a store that maintains that inventory.
© Bonneville America Forums