Bonnevilleamerica.com
Posted By: jon1214 Very warm December ride - 12/30/2022 9:59 PM
Hello all today was an very warm day, a record as a matter of fact.
Northwest CT, 62 degrees.
Went for a 38 mile ride through the hills of Litchfield county, Connecticut.
Did any of you happen to go for a ride today?
Now the long wait for spring, however today is one minute longer than yesterday and the slowly lengthening hours of light per day.
Posted By: SMJoe Re: Very warm December ride - 12/30/2022 11:28 PM
I wish, chopped ice in my driveway :-(
Posted By: Two_Wheel_n Re: Very warm December ride - 12/31/2022 1:53 PM
Usually once the sand and salt goes down, I try to refrain from riding, unless it's a quick ride to clean out the carbs.
Posted By: slvrsprint Re: Very warm December ride - 01/02/2023 6:45 PM
I wish. The front brakes are dragging. Caliper is sticky from corrosion caused by salt. Other motos are up for winter. I don't have heated work space so no riding for a while.
Posted By: roadie Re: Very warm December ride - 01/03/2023 12:23 AM
I’m a bit envious. At least a foot of snow on my drive… it’s gonna be awhile ????
Posted By: jon1214 Re: Very warm December ride - 01/03/2023 8:29 PM
Is the photo to the right your ride?,
Its been overly warm for this time of year but not warm enough for another ride.
No substantial snow fall yet.
I'm retired also, took the big jump 9/1/22.
Any other retirees out there?
Posted By: B02S4 Re: Very warm December ride - 01/04/2023 1:56 AM
Originally Posted by jon1214
I'm retired also, took the big jump 9/1/22.
Any other retirees out there?

Yep. Retired early, end of 2019, no regrets!
Posted By: Gregger Re: Very warm December ride - 02/14/2023 1:18 PM
Retired April 2017... No regrets here also... The wife may have a few with me hanging around now though... unless the weather is good enough to ride. My 2 chums, one with a Gold Wing, the other with a Sportster ride together a couple of times a week for several hours at a time. The roads in Northern Ontario may not be the best in terms of quality, but you can't beat the scenery, twisties and bugs... lol
Posted By: chy Re: Very warm December ride - 02/14/2023 4:07 PM
Yep, retired two years ago come this March and loving every minute of it! I've worked on my pet projects mostly but really don't ride that much anymore. The old body just doesn't react well to being in any one position for very long at a time so I mostly limit my rides to around the block with an occassional side trip.
Sometimes I ponder a trip up 60 and 68 north thru Copperhills and Turtletown... I always loved that stretch of highway. Maybe even Cherohala again. I know in my heart that Larryshep would be shaming me right now. "Got a motorcycle and don't even ride the **** thing!"
© Bonneville America Forums