Bonnevilleamerica.com
Posted By: The_Dog33 2 New Dogs! - 04/30/2020 10:33 PM
I adopted 2 new dogs a couple days ago! I won't actually have them until the 10th. They originally told me the 17th but were able to move it up. My Dogs I adopted both, mom and son. Pistol who only has 3 legs was at animal control about to be put down. He is 1 year old and Lola is 6. They will now be named Tripod and Meatball. I can't wait. I saw Pistol and I knew right away that was the dog. I am so excited and having a hard time waiting. I still miss Porkchop terribly but I think he would want me to rescue them.
Posted By: ladisney Re: 2 New Dogs! - 05/01/2020 2:07 AM
There are always dogs who need loving homes. I glad you found two of them. You can never replace your lost dogs but you can love new ones who will sneak into your heart.
Posted By: findlay13 Re: 2 New Dogs! - 05/01/2020 10:34 AM
You did good .I waited years after my first dog went .I wouldn't have had another except for my lady but now we adopted two and I love them both.
Posted By: Funkletrumpet Re: 2 New Dogs! - 05/01/2020 4:09 PM
Tripod. That’s excellent smile

Posted By: The_Dog33 Re: 2 New Dogs! - 05/01/2020 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by findlay13
You did good .I waited years after my first dog went .I wouldn't have had another except for my lady but now we adopted two and I love them both.
You can never replace a loved one, only love another one.
Posted By: Two_Wheel_n Re: 2 New Dogs! - 05/02/2020 10:44 AM
Great, you got two lucky dogs to spoil!
Posted By: ladisney Re: 2 New Dogs! - 05/04/2020 4:02 AM
You can't save all the beautiful dogs out there, you can only save the ones you can.
Posted By: roadie Re: 2 New Dogs! - 05/04/2020 12:34 PM
That's awesome Dog! Happy for ya. Happy for them. Love Pistol sight unseen. Thanks for giving a couple little ones a life, eh! Many good years for all ya!
Posted By: PES Re: 2 New Dogs! - 05/10/2020 1:30 AM
Good job Ian. I’m glad you rescued them they will get lots of love w you.
Posted By: The_Dog33 Re: 2 New Dogs! - 05/10/2020 10:40 PM
Picked them up early this morning. Tripod (Pistol) is a hand full. Still a puppy and grabs my clothes and pulls and won't let go. I will break him of that eventually. He drew blood in the first hour he was home! I was playing with him and he was mouthing me not hard or anything just play. Few minutes later I noticed blood running down my arm. He still has those razor sharp puppy teeth and he cut me and I never even knew it!
Posted By: findlay13 Re: 2 New Dogs! - 05/11/2020 9:48 AM
"Maruai" my recently lost pal, had my hands and forearms in a mess with bloody scratches from her sharp teeth when she was young and we played.
Posted By: arstaren Re: 2 New Dogs! - 05/22/2020 7:43 AM
Back in November I became, for the first time since I was 22, "dog free". My rescue deaf boxer was "readopted" by my son, just across the field, to "companion" his dog, in 2017, My beloved wife Kathy passed away a few months later. Our old bulldog passed away just before Xmas last year of old age. (In her sleep, laying on her side of the couch) That left only our weiner dog. He was not doing well, with me being gone for work and all alone in the house. So I found him a nice lil old lady to give him to. Hated to do that but I felt that the stress of a new place to live was better than being by himself all day. That was hard. Kathy and I had him from a pup, 9 years ago. So now I'm dog free but I really miss a dog. It especially hits me when I go to a clients home and they have a dog. I won't consider getting another one until my new wife sells her place and we are in my place, full time, later this year. But MAN, I miss having a dog!!!
Posted By: Hermit Re: 2 New Dogs! - 05/22/2020 12:30 PM
We’ve been dog free for about 2 years now. Our Lab/Spaniel was with us for 16 years. Her best buds, an indoor/outdoor cat and the outside only cat were close and after Brandy died, the cats both passed in less than 2 weeks. We adopted a shelter cat last year intending her to be indoor/outdoor, but Mrs. Hermit fell in “love” and now we have a litter box. Yuck! Last month, a kitten showed up and she’s now become my outdoor buddy. Things are finally getting back to normal and will be as soon as we find the puppy!

Congratulations Ian, I remember how much you cared for Porkchop. Tripod and Meatball have hit the jackpot and are for sure, very lucky dogs!
© Bonneville America Forums