Bonnevilleamerica.com
Posted By: Ryk We're Almost Out Of Monkee s - 02/21/2019 10:44 PM
RIP Peter Tork
Posted By: The_Dog33 Re: We're Almost Out Of Monkee s - 02/21/2019 11:45 PM
That's a shame, they were funny and I have all thier records. I watched the TV show when ever it was on. Interesting how they came to be and that they didn't play thier own music in the beginning.
Posted By: oldroadie Re: We're Almost Out Of Monkee s - 02/23/2019 2:11 PM
The Wrecking Crew documentary about the 30-40 musicians who performed the Monkees tracks plus hundreds of other pop hits sheds a bit of light into the 60s music scene and how the majority of “stars” didn’t play on their own records. Motown, New York, Muscle Shoals, Memphis and LA all had teams of studio cats, largely unknown to the public, that played all that great music you remember.
Posted By: arstaren Re: We're Almost Out Of Monkee s - 02/24/2019 1:48 AM
Actually only half way there, tied with the Beatles. Funny thing, my girlfriend HATES the Monkees. She howled out loud when I started putting a "best of" in the CD player. Oh well, nobody's perfect!
Posted By: The_Dog33 Re: We're Almost Out Of Monkee s - 02/24/2019 1:48 PM
A lot of good songs but I really liked Not your steppin' stone, aunte grazelda, and gonna buy me a dog. I almost forgot mary mary.
Posted By: mikemm03 Re: We're Almost Out Of Monkee s - 02/25/2019 9:37 PM
Quote:

The Wrecking Crew documentary about the 30-40 musicians who performed the Monkees tracks plus hundreds of other pop hits sheds a bit of light into the 60s music scene and how the majority of “stars” didn’t play on their own records. Motown, New York, Muscle Shoals, Memphis and LA all had teams of studio cats, largely unknown to the public, that played all that great music you remember.

Glen Campbell and Leon Russell just to name a couple.
Posted By: Ryk Re: We're Almost Out Of Monkee s - 02/26/2019 3:24 AM
It was the two songwriters for the Monkees that impressed me. Boyce and Hart(?) They had to come up with another workable song and arrangement every seven days for the program s schedule. And only one guy was an actual musician, Tork. Davy did swing a mean Tambourine, though.
Posted By: oldroadie Re: We're Almost Out Of Monkee s - 02/26/2019 1:49 PM
Hey, you left out songwriter Neil Diamond...
© Bonneville America Forums