Bonnevilleamerica.com
Posted By: jon1214 head on close call - 07/10/2017 3:36 PM
Last week I was on Rt 22, in NY, about to turn a left corner. In the opposite lane a farm tractor coming around the corner, when all of a sudden a girl passes the tractor and all most hits me head on. Lucky for me there was a very wide shoulder on the right side. I wanted to turn around and give her a piece of my mind. But did not want to have a road rage incident.
Posted By: BillyIndiana Re: head on close call - 07/10/2017 4:38 PM
Glad you are ok. Yup not worth the aggravation of running someone down just to hear, "I'm sorry."

It amazes me how careless people are behind the wheel of a car. Either they are not paying attention or for some reason traffic laws do not apply to them.

The other day I was stopping at a light ready to make a right turn on red. when some idiot decides the shoulder of the road is a lane and pulls around a couple cars behind me and then beside me and then makes the right turn without even stopping.

I saw him in my mirror so I did not move, but damn makes one of those whip things look like a good investment.
Posted By: jon1214 Re: head on close call - 07/10/2017 4:54 PM
I understand a ball pean hammer works wonders. On a side view mirror. tap tap
Posted By: jon1214 Re: head on close call - 07/10/2017 4:56 PM
One thing I hate is when on a motorcycle in the left side of the travel lane people pull up along side me and don't give me or any MC a full lane of traffic.
Posted By: findlay13 Re: head on close call - 07/11/2017 10:58 AM
Quote:

Last week I was on Rt 22, in NY, about to turn a left corner. In the opposite lane a farm tractor coming around the corner, when all of a sudden a girl passes the tractor and all most hits me head on. Lucky for me there was a very wide shoulder on the right side. I wanted to turn around and give her a piece of my mind. But did not want to have a road rage incident.

A daily occurrence here in Thailand. They're No.2 in the world for road deaths but that's "creative" accounting.If you die in the hospital,or even the ambulance on the way there or a week later, I believe you are not counted as a road death.The REALLY stupid drivers here only care about bigger.Pickup trucks and Suvs give way to Trucks and buses.Smaller cars give way to Pickups Suvs trucks and buses and NO-One gives way to motorcycles .If a few travel together they'll give some respect but alone you are a sitting duck.
Posted By: SMJoe Re: head on close call - 07/11/2017 8:18 PM
So Paul I guess you are suggesting when i get to Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam next year I leave the driving to the professionals.
Posted By: ladisney Re: head on close call - 07/12/2017 1:45 AM
Quote:

So Paul I guess you are suggesting when i get to Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam next year I leave the driving to the professionals.

I've done a lot of dangerous and scary things in my life. Number one was riding in a trike taxi in Bangkok.
Posted By: Mojopie Re: head on close call - 07/12/2017 8:33 AM
I did a 4 hour food tour on the back of a scooter in Hanoi, Vietnam this past Saturday night. I would never attempt to ride in that chaos but my 85 pound 5 foot tall female driver was fearless and piloted us around the city with a sixth sense to avoid certain death.
Posted By: SMJoe Re: head on close call - 07/13/2017 12:29 AM
Quote:

Quote:

I've done a lot of dangerous and scary things in my life. Number one was riding in a trike taxi in Bangkok.

Tuk Tuks are quite an experience from what I hear maybe I should bring my carbon fibre lid with me.
© Bonneville America Forums